Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2023 12:30:25 AM EDT
I remember Michael Keaton in an Avengers MCU movie as a guy salvaging equipment from the invaders after the Battle of New York.
I can't remember which movies he was in, but I seem to remember one as a set up for the latter where he took the alien technology and created something with it.
When I search for MK in the Marvel Universe, Spiderman Homecoming seems to be the first one showing him as a cast member.
Except I'v never watched Homecoming.
Am I crazy?  Is this a Mandela Effect moment?  Or are they not showing him as a cast member for some reasong?
I'm not going to rent all of the Avengers movies to see if I remember correctly, so I'm calling on the arfcom hivemind for help.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:33:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Homecoming is his only MCU appearance.

Remember that the battle of New York has to happen before he gets employed cleaning up its debris.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:36:42 AM EDT
[#2]
If it makes you feel better, my girlfriend last year was trying to ask me about a movie we watched together, “Uncharted.” I do not recall watching that movie, but the evidence seems to suggest we did.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:36:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Remember that the battle of New York has to happen before he gets employed cleaning up its debris.
View Quote

He’s the Vulture. He also makes an appearance in Morbius.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:50:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Even though Toomes/Vulture is an MCU character, Morbius technically isn’t part of the MCU. Splitting hairs, I know.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:51:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

And at the end of spiderman no way home.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:51:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I remember Michael Keaton in an Avengers MCU movie as a guy salvaging equipment from the invaders after the Battle of New York.
I can't remember which movies he was in, but I seem to remember one as a set up for the latter where he took the alien technology and created something with it.
When I search for MK in the Marvel Universe, Spiderman Homecoming seems to be the first one showing him as a cast member.
Except I'v never watched Homecoming.
Am I crazy?  Is this a Mandela Effect moment?  Or are they not showing him as a cast member for some reasong?
I'm not going to rent all of the Avengers movies to see if I remember correctly, so I'm calling on the arfcom hivemind for help.
View Quote

He is connected with the story of Avengers I, but he is actually in Spiderman: Homecoming, the beginning of which movie connects directly with the devastation wreaked at the end of Avengers I.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:57:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Is your screen name based on the dragon in Fire and Blood?
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:58:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Didn't he play batman in the avengers?

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:10:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Even though Toomes/Vulture is an MCU character, Morbius technically isn’t part of the MCU. Splitting hairs, I know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s weird but Sony and Disney/Marvel have worked out some deal where certain characters are shared. Spider Man and Venom being the most notable, but I want to say Morbius and Blade are part of the deal.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:19:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If it makes you feel better, my girlfriend last year was trying to ask me about a movie we watched together, "Uncharted." I do not recall watching that movie, but the evidence seems to suggest we did.
View Quote
Was Nicholas Cage in it? Or was it Tom Hanks?
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:30:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If it makes you feel better, my girlfriend last year was trying to ask me about a movie we watched together, “Uncharted.” I do not recall watching that movie, but the evidence seems to suggest we did.
View Quote

The one with Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg?  I tried watching it one night and for some reason my attention span was nonexistent, and I kept pausing it to go mess around on the computer.  Never did finish it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 2:45:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Basically another adaption of a video game series.

Uncharted 4 is one of the best video games I bave played in the past 10 years.   Story, gamr play, creativity while making deaths not be a check point hell.

The movie is pretty meh.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 7:49:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

You probably blocked it out because it was so terrible.  Shame.  I had high hopes.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 7:56:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was so bad that most people blocked it from their memory...like a victim of abuse might block it out to help avoid the trauma.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 8:04:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I tried watching that one but lost interest quickly.

I watched Morbius on a flight recently and didn’t think it was the cinematic holocaust all the reviews made it out to be. Not great, not terrible. Maybe it was the tiny screen…
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 8:13:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It was so bad that most people blocked it from their memory...like a victim of abuse might block it out to help avoid the trauma.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 8:16:25 AM EDT
[#17]
I think Keaton was in one of two of the post credit scenes in other MCU movies.  There are a bunch of clips on YouTube of him as the vulture that weren't in Spiderman Homecoming.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 8:44:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Avengers? No. Spiderman yes. He was pretty intense too. Good character.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 8:47:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Sorry OP.  I don’t watch Star Trex.  I’m not going to be any help.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 8:57:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Marvel Studios seems to be trying to induce the Mandela effect consciously by adding in characters to scenes they were not in, in later films.

And then there’s this...

Morbius: End credit Scene Full
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 9:01:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is that the one with Spider-Man and that big boat..flying around at the end or something? Because that’s what I recall.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 3:29:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Is your screen name based on the dragon in Fire and Blood?
View Quote
If this was directed at me, then the answer is no.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 3:48:02 PM EDT
[#23]
He was Harvey Birdman.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#24]
My favorite part of the Avengers was when he showed up and said "It's morbin time" and morbed all over everyone.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, shit!  Maybe I did watch Homecoming... I thought not as this iteration of Spiderman is just annoying as hell to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top