Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2020 1:03:58 PM EDT
Anyone here own one?  How has it been working out?  Any issues?

We want a small SUV and found a nice CPO 2015 with 39,000 miles.

Familiar with German cars and I do my own services.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 1:56:42 PM EDT
[#1]
A friend had one. She reported no issues and loved it. Kept it 100k+ mi, I believe.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 1:41:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a 2014 E350 wagon (has the same engine). I sold it at 55,000 miles, but never had an issue with that engine. It's a solid power plant.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:29:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anyone here own one?  How has it been working out?  Any issues?

We want a small SUV and found a nice CPO 2015 with 39,000 miles.

Familiar with German cars and I do my own services.
View Quote

Just get the Extended Limited Warranty and enjoy.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:39:28 AM EDT
[#4]
We have one. Bought a 2014 used with 20K-ish miles and just passed 56K miles. It ate the front brake pads and rotors shortly after purchasing, but has been great mechanically.

Most recently we put a new set of tires on, replaced the stop-start battery, and replaced a broken sunvisor. The MB-Tex fake leather on the driver seat has also torn, so that's next up on the list.

Couple points:
- if you get a car with the Becker navigation, adding a backup camera is both complicated and expensive.
- there is a company that sells a device to basically disable the auto start-stop, which is my least favorite feature of the car.
- the light installed in the truck area is too dim to be useful at night.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:20:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Solid vehicle
20yr MB dealer A tech
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:02:06 AM EDT
[#6]
This is one of the greatest vehicles Mercedes has made in recent history.  Virtually trouble free.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you all for the replies.  I Fo'd. Being delivered to the house tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:22:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Pics are required.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#9]
The only thing I can add which may or may not be case with the GLK is that for my ML adding a trailer hitch is an expensive and complicated ordeal.  I thought it would be a snap, since MB puts out MLs with hitches.  Just bolt one on, right?  No. It took $2300 and 2 weeks, and it has never been right.  It was a fight with the dealership from the beginning.

I got the ML back and the lights on the trailer didn't work, but they worked with other vehicles.  Took it back.  Guy came out with a VOM and INSISTED it was perfect.  Went home and bought a tester.  Tester showed the pins weren't right.  Took it back.  Guy INSISTED the wiring was perfect and that my tester was broken.  I insisted that we test an ML on the lot that had the hitch installed.  The tester was correct.  Dealership agreed to take the vehicle back where I assume they sat around it drinking coffee, because it was the same afterwards as before.  I was able to use a four wire adapter, but the big RV connector never has worked.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:55:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Solid vehicle
20yr MB dealer A tech
View Quote
@artburg

I run LiquiMoly for oil changes in my Porsches. Any reason not to use it in the MB?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 4:24:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only thing I can add which may or may not be case with the GLK is that for my ML adding a trailer hitch is an expensive and complicated ordeal.  I thought it would be a snap, since MB puts out MLs with hitches.  Just bolt one on, right?  No. It took $2300 and 2 weeks, and it has never been right.  It was a fight with the dealership from the beginning.

I got the ML back and the lights on the trailer didn't work, but they worked with other vehicles.  Took it back.  Guy came out with a VOM and INSISTED it was perfect.  Went home and bought a tester.  Tester showed the pins weren't right.  Took it back.  Guy INSISTED the wiring was perfect and that my tester was broken.  I insisted that we test an ML on the lot that had the hitch installed.  The tester was correct.  Dealership agreed to take the vehicle back where I assume they sat around it drinking coffee, because it was the same afterwards as before.  I was able to use a four wire adapter, but the big RV connector never has worked.
View Quote
Its cheaper to buy one with a hitch than retrofit.  The wiring for the hitch is a stone cold bitch, and you must follow ALL the directions exactly.  It involves coding modules after updating option codes in VEDOC.  Also installing fuses where there aren't any.  Bear in mind that no matter what, the vehicle will not recognize LED lights.  It has to "see" the lights to turn them on, and it will only work with an LED adapter that Uhaul sells that loads the wiring correctly for the rear SAM to turn on the trailer lights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top