Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 11/18/2017 12:00:05 AM EDT
Do you think the cannabidiol hemp products have a future in medicine? Long term investment.

HEMP
INSY
MJNA
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 1:25:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes but if it’s legal the corps will push them out fast.  Cigarette companies stand to gain the most if it’s legal due to segment similarities.  They found out one of them has been buying land in the golden triangle in California but I do t remember who.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 5:10:34 PM EDT
[#2]
^^ This

The big cigarette companies have distribution and logistics on a massive level.  These small companies will get wiped out really quickly.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 7:32:29 PM EDT
[#3]
SGMD. I think accessory stocks are the ticket.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 5:16:34 AM EDT
[#4]
ACBFF and MCOA

made money on ACBFF

lost money on MCOA

haven't sold either yet though
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 10:15:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I own HEMP but it hasn't done anything since I bought it.  I bought 500 bucks worth so it isnt going to break me if it doesn't go anywhere but it could take off so who knows.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 6:11:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
This for sure. I’ve already tripled my investment.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm holding some MJNA.  It was more of a calculated wild ass guess of a gamble.  At the market cost per share it wasn't the kind of money I was worried about losing. Just took a shot at it. Recent news o n the company looked encouraging. Guess we will see.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 7:14:34 PM EDT
[#8]
GBLX had some significant interest today.  Average daily volume was in the 225k range.  It was over 10 million today.   Not sure if anyone is getting rich on this one.  It's around 28 cents per share.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 2:36:30 PM EDT
[#9]
GBLX has been moving a bunch the past 2 weeks.  It's gone to .625 and has been as high as .74.  Should have bought more when it was low.
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 9:29:26 AM EDT
[#10]
My current "pot stock" portfolio is the following companies

AMMJ
CANN
CIIX
MSRT
CVSI
SGMD
MCIG (this company actually produces quarterly profits)
MCOA
CNAB
HPMM
CBIS
HEMP
GRNH
TRTC
GLDFF
MJNA
HMPQ

I'm surprised INSY has risen, I almost bought some at 4 or 5 dollars, but then I read the CEO John Kapoor had been arrested in some sort of opiod kickback scheme in October.

If i was looking to put more money in I'd look at GBLX, TWMJF, CGRW, CBDS, OWCP, ACBFF, LXRP

I only just got into these stocks in October, not looking for a short term thing but with the current marijuana climate and CBD oils and industrial hemp production possibly becoming a thing again I'm hoping for some decent gains in 2018, particularly with Canada's supposed legalization coming
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#11]
BLOZF. They're developing a marijuana breathalyzer. I got in on it at $0.14 a couple years ago based on a tip here on Arfcom.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
I looked into this one.  Apparently they had sketchy filings, Fidelity wouldn't even let me buy shares because they are rated the lowest of the low
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Does any one have an opinion on KSHB?

It has done well this week  Looks well placed to benefit from both medical and recreational markets.

Based in California, which will have both next year.

MJX might be the best ETF in this area, it even pays a dividend!
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 10:31:27 PM EDT
[#14]
What about ERBB?
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Made $7k on SGMD :) It nicely covered a $6k loss I had on something else.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#16]
This is just a guess. I suspect some of the better operations to profit big when they get bought out by tobacco. The rest will fade away because they won't be able to compete after tobacco money gets into mj politics. There could be a few good years but it will get snuff out pretty quick by the big boys.

There may be job opportunities for growers to become experts for big tobacco if they can adapt their carefree lifestyle with corporate.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 12:18:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
BLOZF. They're developing a marijuana breathalyzer. I got in on it at $0.14 a couple years ago based on a tip here on Arfcom.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 9:26:30 PM EDT
[#18]
What about any crypto pos companies since banks cant be behind these dispensaries?
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:37:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What about any crypto pos companies since banks cant be behind these dispensaries?
View Quote
Good question. But which one? Very difficult to value? I also think the Gov't will want to control everything so either they will allow banks to get in or take over cryptocurrency all together. Certainly a lot of money to be made during the speculation but pretty high risk.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:37:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Rolled the dice on ETFMG (MJX) & XXII. Fingers X'd
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
I am in BLOZF and CBIS.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 11:09:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I am in BLOZF and CBIS.
View Quote
I fear i missed out on BLOZF?

Anyone have any accessory company recommendations?
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 2:56:14 AM EDT
[#23]
SIGO is the one I have is doing well.

GRNH, MCIG, KAYS, TRTC, and UAMM are killing me slowly.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 10:45:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Update for those in BLOZF.

If you are looking for a similar investment, first of all I would still recommend BLOZF.  It's sitting around $1.70. It has been to $2.95.
My personal feeling (NOT A PRO HERE) is that the majority of the action is speculative at this point. While buy and hold on this may be a good strategy remember that they are not selling anything yet. Ultimately I feel that this will be a good one to have once the product hits the market. However, I see at least two real good opportunities to make some cash.
1. The next time that a law changes this will build hype. The lastest Jeff Sessions actions were negative on the mj market. If/when this gets to congress and if it is decided to make mj legal then it will jump again.
2. Canada is set to go legal in July. This should provide some hype as people don't want to get "left out" and will buy in. Watch for a huge jump when this happens and after a week or two it will come back to normal levels as all the pros will take out their profit off the speculative late comers.

DYODD

Also look at their sister company Breathtec Biomedical (BTHCF). It's the same group of scientists and developers that are working on the Medical side for breath analysis. A lot of the same people.  They have the FAIMS patent so if BLOZF takes off it should too. I see this as a similar investment but less volatile.

Breathtec’s mission is to develop technologies that use biomarkers in the breath to screen for early signs of diseases such as lung & breast cancers, infectious diseases, diabetes, liver disease, and more. We are focused on developing a low-cost, non-invasive, portable hand-held device to be used by clinician’s in the office, clinic or hospital setting, or by agents screening for infectious diseases at national border entry points (ie: airports).

Field Asymmetric Ion-Mobility Spectrometry (FAIMS) is a highly sensitive chemical analysis method previously used for explosives detection that we have readapted for breath analysis for early disease detection.  FAIMS analysis has been successfully used to identify numerous biomarkers associated with disease but previous approaches have had limited clinical use due to a lack of the reproducibility and sensitivity required, as well as the size and expense of the final device. Breathtec’s goal is to leverage our deep understanding of the FAIMS technology in order to develop an effective and affordable medical screening device.

Regular screening using a simple breath test, could lead to significant advancements in remedial treatment protocols targeting major improvements in survivability and life quality.

Breathtec Biomedical Inc. (“Breathtec”) aims to propel development and commercialization of breath analysis screening technologies.

Breathtec holds a license to key University of Florida patent U.S. 8,237,118 entitled “Partial Ovoidal FAIMS Electrode.”
FAIMS is a mass spectrometry technique that exploits differences in ion mobility at very high electric fields, to separate ions in the millisecond timescale after liquid chromatography separation and prior to introduction to a mass spectrometer.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 9:32:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Update for those in BLOZF.

If you are looking for a similar investment, first of all I would still recommend BLOZF.  It's sitting around $1.70. It has been to $2.95.
My personal feeling (NOT A PRO HERE) is that the majority of the action is speculative at this point. While buy and hold on this may be a good strategy remember that they are not selling anything yet. Ultimately I feel that this will be a good one to have once the product hits the market. However, I see at least two real good opportunities to make some cash.
1. The next time that a law changes this will build hype. The lastest Jeff Sessions actions were negative on the mj market. If/when this gets to congress and if it is decided to make mj legal then it will jump again.
2. Canada is set to go legal in July. This should provide some hype as people don't want to get "left out" and will buy in. Watch for a huge jump when this happens and after a week or two it will come back to normal levels as all the pros will take out their profit off the speculative late comers.

DYODD

Also look at their sister company Breathtec Biomedical (BTHCF). It's the same group of scientists and developers that are working on the Medical side for breath analysis. A lot of the same people.  They have the FAIMS patent so if BLOZF takes off it should too. I see this as a similar investment but less volatile.

Breathtec’s mission is to develop technologies that use biomarkers in the breath to screen for early signs of diseases such as lung & breast cancers, infectious diseases, diabetes, liver disease, and more. We are focused on developing a low-cost, non-invasive, portable hand-held device to be used by clinician’s in the office, clinic or hospital setting, or by agents screening for infectious diseases at national border entry points (ie: airports).

Field Asymmetric Ion-Mobility Spectrometry (FAIMS) is a highly sensitive chemical analysis method previously used for explosives detection that we have readapted for breath analysis for early disease detection.  FAIMS analysis has been successfully used to identify numerous biomarkers associated with disease but previous approaches have had limited clinical use due to a lack of the reproducibility and sensitivity required, as well as the size and expense of the final device. Breathtec’s goal is to leverage our deep understanding of the FAIMS technology in order to develop an effective and affordable medical screening device.

Regular screening using a simple breath test, could lead to significant advancements in remedial treatment protocols targeting major improvements in survivability and life quality.

Breathtec Biomedical Inc. (“Breathtec”) aims to propel development and commercialization of breath analysis screening technologies.

Breathtec holds a license to key University of Florida patent U.S. 8,237,118 entitled “Partial Ovoidal FAIMS Electrode.”
FAIMS is a mass spectrometry technique that exploits differences in ion mobility at very high electric fields, to separate ions in the millisecond timescale after liquid chromatography separation and prior to introduction to a mass spectrometer.
View Quote
CANNABIX (CNSX: BLO) is another company to add to the list of weed breathalyzer type devices. This is probably one of the stronger ones, IMO, but as you said it is LARGELY speculative. These companies are working on developing devices, so there is basically no income and its a hard buy. And even then, if they are the first to come to market with an item, there is no guarantee they will be a successful company on the retail, manufacturing, distribution side of things. My money is not in it at this time, but I also dont have a lot to toss around.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 9:45:02 AM EDT
[#26]
If you're really interested in looking at WEED stocks, you should really look north. Canada is set to legalize weed nationally in something like August (I don't remember the exact details). It is expected to be legal around September sometime if everything goes smooth. Even if not on schedule, it is a certain eventuality and will be a much healthier market than the US, much sooner. The Canadian market is on fire right now and will probably explode. I am buying it in the dips like crazy right now.

Cronos is a Canadian company that just got listed on the NASDAQ last week (already on TSX or TSE iirc).

Canopy Growth has like 1/5th of the entire production market. They also make components like Vaporizers and edibles or whatever, too. So they are a strong bet when it comes back down (up 10.4% yesterday).

Aphria Inc is another huge player. They are finishing a huge facility to double their production and its expected to be completed January 2019.

You'll have to forgive me, I just found this sub forum this morning but I'm short on time. Id like to add more details and links etc but Ill be back to this conversation. Most of my weed investing is in the three companies I listed and its a good place to start, but you should obviously do your own homework. The point to take away from my post is if you're going to invest in weed I'd suggest looking at Canadian companies.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm in on BLOZF and CRON to see what happens.  It seems to me they both have potential, but then again I'm a rookie at this so I don't know.  But I tossed in a few hundred just to see how it plays out.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:16:23 AM EDT
[#28]
CRON hit a nice dip today, bought in some more.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 1:34:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Recreational legalization goes to vote in Canada on Thursday.

CRON and Canopy have been killin it for me.

Link Posted: 6/5/2018 7:29:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Awaiting the pop after the vote. Just on hype.

BLOZF @ $1.25 looks like a good deal right now. I feel a big pop coming soon.

BLOZF news
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Awaiting the pop after the vote. Just on hype.

BLOZF @ $1.25 looks like a good deal right now. I feel a big pop coming soon.

BLOZF news
View Quote
Was a good day today for both BLOZF and CRON, hope it continues...
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 8:40:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Was a good day today for both BLOZF and CRON, hope it continues...
View Quote
Well it’s gonna go one of two ways tomorrow. I’m up almost 20% on CRON as it sits right now. A little under 30% up on Canopy.

I wish I piled  more money in.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 7:23:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Vote passed
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 11:12:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Vote passed
View Quote
Yes. Interesting how nothing really happened. Obviously expected to pass and price built in.
However, Trump says he'll probably back mj protections bill.

I wonder if this will have an effect on the market. Next week may be interesting.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 2:08:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yes. Interesting how nothing really happened. Obviously expected to pass and price built in.
However, Trump says he'll probably back mj protections bill.

I wonder if this will have an effect on the market. Next week may be interesting.
View Quote
Yeah, I believe the price being "built in" happened in the weeks/month leading up to the vote as can be seen on charts. The drop the following day (Friday) was most likely just people taking their profits as you can see by the end of the day it was right back to where it started.

I also personally believe, and I have nothing to back this up mind you, that the news of Canadian legalization simply didnt reach people other than those who have been following already. I have not seen it on any news stations local or national, hell, not even GD had a thread about it. This is a huge happening and its largely being hushed it would seem.

This basically legitimizes an entire existing industry. Companies have been ramping up in anticipation of this and now the gates are wide open. We wont see the numbers increase from this for probably 2-3 quarters but this is going to be nothing but a growth industry, no pun intended.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 9:34:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Ok, so the skinny is even though the vote had passed, just voting it through didnt make it a law. That officially happened last night, so now it is official, weed is legal recreationaly across the whole damn country (Canada).

Premarket is up 5% for Canopy and Cronos. Its only a matter of time before big (real) investors start piling it on.

I genuinely think people seriously underestimate just how many people use weed. I dare say it is near a majority and that is likely just about to be found out. This will be the first time we see a real number from a first world population about just how many people use it. No previous studies can be relied upon for various reasons (secrecy, lying, sample size etc). The secret will be out now, how many people use it, how much is sold etc. Its all going to be public info and I think people will be blown away with just how popular it is.

I think this is a break out market that is going to make people rich, genuinely.

Good luck, all.

ETA: Apparently there is one more stamp of approval required and it isnt likely until September(?). I have no idea how Canadian government works.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 11:16:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
What's the size of their potential market dollars wise?  Even just a rough range.

I'm looking at it but it's difficult for me to say if their current market cap of $120 million is small or large relative to the potential sales that their potential product represents.  Right now they don't have a dime of revenue so I can't really look at that.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't like the idea of putting my money into medical marihuana. My observation is that medical marihuana is largely an excuse to obtain recreational marihuana (although I'm not disputing the clear medical benefits of that drug), and so I fear medically focused companies will either fail or be forced to restructure when cannabis is inevitably legalized.

I'm also fearful of putting money into currently existing marihuana companies. Way too speculative at this time, and I've been burned on the lies of several pink sheet companies like MCIG.

My cannabis play is to invest in tobacco companies. Tobacco companies are perfectly poised to take advantage of a federally legal marihuana market. They have the agriculture, distribution infrastructure, and the legal muscle and lobbying power to knock out the small time players though the regulative force of the FDA. They also have an incentive to play since tobacco use is steadily dwindling. Companies like MO and VGR have already seen the writing on the wall for cigarettes and are investing in other products like modified risk products, cigars, beer, and real estate.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Rocketed up to start the day. I’m up Bigly.

Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:00:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Rocketed up to start the day. I’m up Bigly.

View Quote
Oh Yeah! BLOZF up 22%+ so far today!
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I don't like the idea of putting my money into medical marihuana. My observation is that medical marihuana is largely an excuse to obtain recreational marihuana (although I'm not disputing the clear medical benefits of that drug), and so I fear medically focused companies will either fail or be forced to restructure when cannabis is inevitably legalized.

I'm also fearful of putting money into currently existing marihuana companies. Way too speculative at this time, and I've been burned on the lies of several pink sheet companies like MCIG.

My cannabis play is to invest in tobacco companies. Tobacco companies are perfectly poised to take advantage of a federally legal marihuana market. They have the agriculture, distribution infrastructure, and the legal muscle and lobbying power to knock out the small time players though the regulative force of the FDA. They also have an incentive to play since tobacco use is steadily dwindling. Companies like MO and VGR have already seen the writing on the wall for cigarettes and are investing in other products like modified risk products, cigars, beer, and real estate.
View Quote
Tobacco is an addictive product that sells itself and their stocks are still sliding. I personally think investing in a tobacco company is a far riskier move than investing in a pure play marijuana company. Phillip Morris slid like 20% just a month or so back while marijuana stocks have climbed 1200% in the last two years.

Big tobacco also has a bad rep people avoid and while they “may have the ability to adapt”, there’s a few big timer pure play MJ companies that are already producing product, licensed to distribute in multiple countries, have big time contracts with pharmacies and stores etc.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 5:56:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Oh Yeah! BLOZF up 22%+ so far today!
View Quote

I’ll buy the beer when we get to the moon! Haha
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I’ll buy the beer when we get to the moon! Haha
View Quote
Is that a cannabis infused beer?  
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 9:11:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What's the size of their potential market dollars wise?  Even just a rough range.

I'm looking at it but it's difficult for me to say if their current market cap of $120 million is small or large relative to the potential sales that their potential product represents.  Right now they don't have a dime of revenue so I can't really look at that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is not possible to speculate what the future valuation for BLOZF will be.  If they are first to market with the breathalizer then it may be huge. The point of this stock for me is playing the speculation.  Up 22% today.  A lot of us saw that coming and if smart, could cash out and make a quick buck.  Unfortunatly it is difficult to walk away from the "future potential". This is where human nature and emotions can prevent us from cashing out in fear of losing out on a bigger take down the road. Greed.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 11:25:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It is not possible to speculate what the future valuation for BLOZF will be. If they are first to market with the breathalizer then it may be huge. The point of this stock for me is playing the speculation.  Up 22% today.  A lot of us saw that coming and if smart, could cash out and make a quick buck.  Unfortunatly it is difficult to walk away from the "future potential". This is where human nature and emotions can prevent us from cashing out in fear of losing out on a bigger take down the road. Greed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is not possible to speculate what the future valuation for BLOZF will be. If they are first to market with the breathalizer then it may be huge. The point of this stock for me is playing the speculation.  Up 22% today.  A lot of us saw that coming and if smart, could cash out and make a quick buck.  Unfortunatly it is difficult to walk away from the "future potential". This is where human nature and emotions can prevent us from cashing out in fear of losing out on a bigger take down the road. Greed.
Oh come on man, don't blow smoke up my butt like that! Just tell me you don't know and haven't bothered to investigate it.  I can accept that as an honest answer.

Of course it's possible to make an educated guess on it.  They have a product (in development), they may have even announced a target price, they have specific customers in mind (I presume police agencies), there are similar devices already being sold for alcohol, and there's probably some information out there regarding potential competitors.  Put all these things together and you can probably get a good idea of what the size of the potential market is.  It's almost inconceivable that the company itself hasn't done their market research before and they've probably even written about it in one of their press releases or annual reports.

I asked the question because:

1)  I don't invest in things I don't understand
2)  I figure anyone who is putting their money into a company already did the work to understand it and can share what they've learned

There is no reason to randomly throw money at ticker symbols when there is information out there that you can use to make educated decisions on when to get in and when to get out.  It's like looking at E-Commerce stocks back in the early 2000s when their total sales were less than a couple percent of total U.S. retail sales.  It was pretty obvious that the potential market was huge (and still is really) compared to what they were actually doing at the time and that's the kind of thing that gave people the incentive to invest in companies like Amazon.  There was no need to take a wild guess in that case either.  You could at the very least have some rough ballpark of what the potential was.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 11:50:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Oh come on man, don't blow smoke up my butt like that! Just tell me you don't know and haven't bothered to investigate it.  I can accept that as an honest answer.

Of course it's possible to make an educated guess on it.  They have a product (in development), they may have even announced a target price, they have specific customers in mind (I presume police agencies), there are similar devices already being sold for alcohol, and there's probably some information out there regarding potential competitors.  Put all these things together and you can probably get a good idea of what the size of the potential market is.  It's almost inconceivable that the company itself hasn't done their market research before and they've probably even written about it in one of their press releases or annual reports.

2)  I figure anyone who is putting their money into a company already did the work to understand it and can share what they've learned

There is no reason to randomly throw money at ticker symbols when there is information out there that you can use to make educated decisions on when to get in and when to get out.  It's like looking at E-Commerce stocks back in the early 2000s when their total sales were less than a couple percent of total U.S. retail sales.  It was pretty obvious that the potential market was huge (and still is really) compared to what they were actually doing at the time and that's the kind of thing that gave people the incentive to invest in companies like Amazon.  There was no need to take a wild guess in that case either.  You could at the very least have some rough ballpark of what the potential was.
View Quote
IMO there are too many factors to try to calculate market share. First off, there is no viable retail product at this time. There are several other players with devices in development. Market share can be altered by the new tariffs, demand etc....

There is plenty of reason to through money at a ticker that you know enough about based on publicly available info and the fact that they are SEC approved.

Your rationale is valid. But it also assumes that the company will be profitable some day.
I could show you thousand$ of reasons that knowing that there in the game and playing the speculation is potentially just as profitable. $$$

My plan is to make money on the speculation. Then sell and let it settle. If they win then get in later and go long.

I did this with Amazon.  I sold and then when they were clearly kicking but I bought back in..... at $900 per share .  I thought "I sold at $500, I can't buy in at $900."  Yes, I can and did. Remove the emotion and buy.  It worked out with Apple and others too.

BLOZF is entirely speculation at this point in my opinion. Based on research I think this is an educated decision.

Here is some more smoke up your ass!  

BLOZF is speculation
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 8:04:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
IMO there are too many factors to try to calculate market share. First off, there is no viable retail product at this time. There are several other players with devices in development. Market share can be altered by the new tariffs, demand etc....

There is plenty of reason to through money at a ticker that you know enough about based on publicly available info and the fact that they are SEC approved.

Your rationale is valid. But it also assumes that the company will be profitable some day.
I could show you thousand$ of reasons that knowing that there in the game and playing the speculation is potentially just as profitable. $$$

My plan is to make money on the speculation. Then sell and let it settle. If they win then get in later and go long.

I did this with Amazon.  I sold and then when they were clearly kicking but I bought back in..... at $900 per share .  I thought "I sold at $500, I can't buy in at $900."  Yes, I can and did. Remove the emotion and buy.  It worked out with Apple and others too.

BLOZF is entirely speculation at this point in my opinion. Based on research I think this is an educated decision.

BLOZF is speculation
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BLOZF is speculation
I really think you are misunderstanding my point, particularly with that last link.

The whole reason I'm asking for someone to explain the size of the potential market is BECAUSE it's being valued so far beyond its book value and any reasonable multiple of earnings.  My whole point is to try and understand what assumptions people are making in order to speculate on this company.

I'm still not buying that estimating the size of the market is impossible because there is no way that this company is spending millions of dollars on R&D without having done exactly that themselves.

Nobody in their right mind spends that kind of money developing a product without some idea of what the potential is.

I'm not saying it's knowable down to the last dollar but you should at least have a good enough idea to know if a $160 million valuation is reasonable or not.

Its fine if you don't know and don't care but don't tell me you can't just because you didn't.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 8:05:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

BLOZF is speculation
View Quote
I covered this earlier in this thread, too. Even if they are first to market doesn’t mean at all they will be a successful business. They are an R&D company by all means right now, that doesn’t always translate to a good marketing/manufacturing/sales/distribution company.

You’re right it is basically 100% speculation. Some people don’t think hype be like it is, but it do.

If anyone wants to speculate as to market size, they need to find out how many police cars there are in first world nations and then multiply that number by proposed cost per BLOZF unit. There’s your potential market cap.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 9:46:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I covered this earlier in this thread, too. Even if they are first to market doesn’t mean at all they will be a successful business. They are an R&D company by all means right now, that doesn’t always translate to a good marketing/manufacturing/sales/distribution company.

You’re right it is basically 100% speculation. Some people don’t think hype be like it is, but it do.

If anyone wants to speculate as to market size, they need to find out how many police cars there are in first world nations and then multiply that number by proposed cost per BLOZF unit. There’s your potential market cap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BLOZF is speculation

That is the essence of what I'm asking.

If the answer is "I don't know, I'm just riding the hype train and hoping for greater fools" then I can accept that answer.  I can't accept that an estimation of market size is unknowable.

The idea of MJ breathalyzers sounds like a very reasonable product in this day and age which is why I was asking the question in the first place.

If someone who did the research told me that alcohol breathalyzers are a $500 million market and that this product would be able to sell at a similar price point then I'd be interested in buying this company knowing there is lots of potential there.  My next stop would be to understand the product itself, it's chances of working, and how many competitors were out there taking a shot at this market.

If someone told me that it's a $10 million per year business with only one or two niche players then I'd say anyone investing in BLOFZ is making a bet with bad odds regardless of how good their product is.

These aren't crazy things to consider when you risking your own money.

Of course the company could fail even if the market for their product is there.  That has to be a factor when you are investing but it's important to know if there is even any potential in the first place at current prices.  If all of the potential is already priced in or if it's even overbought, that'd be a good thing to know!
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 12:36:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I really think you are misunderstanding my point, particularly with that last link.

The whole reason I'm asking for someone to explain the size of the potential market is BECAUSE it's being valued so far beyond its book value and any reasonable multiple of earnings.  My whole point is to try and understand what assumptions people are making in order to speculate on this company.

I'm still not buying that estimating the size of the market is impossible because there is no way that this company is spending millions of dollars on R&D without having done exactly that themselves.

Nobody in their right mind spends that kind of money developing a product without some idea of what the potential is.

I'm not saying it's knowable down to the last dollar but you should at least have a good enough idea to know if a $160 million valuation is reasonable or not.

Its fine if you don't know and don't care but don't tell me you can't just because you didn't.
View Quote
I do not know the market size. In researching this sector comparables are made to existing companies that do the current alcohol breathalyzers. There are several and it is a very large market. Most of the data I saw was based on the USA and Canada. The current alcohol breathalizer market is worth hundreds of millions.

The North America Breathalyzers Market was worth USD 790 million in 2016 and estimated to be growing at a CAGR of 7.2%, to reach USD 1118 million by 2021.

https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/PressReleases/breath-analyzers.asp

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2016/08/03/861307/0/en/Breath-Analyzer-Market-Poised-to-Surge-from-USD-500-0-Million-in-2015-to-USD-1-600-0-Million-Globally-by-2021-ZionMarketResearch-Com.html

The idea and I think the huge hype around this company is based on the breathalyzer part.  All of the other potential competitors use biological samples (saliva, blood, urine) which either takes more time, costs more or is a violation of rights. So if BLOZF comes to market with a breathalizer then they would potentially dominate the market.  If other countries adopt this it becomes HUGE.  One would think that every police unit would have one.

Even so, as you pointed out it is way over valuated currently ( I think). Which is why I went back to the speculation article I linked.

When Amazon started did you wait to determine what their potential market share is and calculate it before investing. Hell no. I thought, this will be huge and a lot of people will do it. You realize Amazon is still NOT in a lot of countries so there is still more upside. How would you calculate it? Why would you have to?

Investing comes down to your tolerence for risk. It sounds like you are adverse to risk. That's fine. Some of us like to gamble and are not afraid of risk.

Does that help answer your questions? (good questions, by the way)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top