Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2018 2:05:54 PM EDT
Best damage and highest score ever using a supernova with 4xlrm20 4 erml. I ran out lrm ammo and ended up finishing a couple of torn up mechs with lasers.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 2:07:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I could never get into the online version....loved the series though.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 2:38:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I could never get into the online version....loved the series though.
View Quote
It's alot of fun, mw5 is being made by the same company.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:26:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn nice. I've only been running my Champion lately and have gotten a couple barely over 1000 dmg games and that thing is def not meta. 126 matches in my 1N2 with a 2.16 KDR, super fun mech.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 10:12:03 PM EDT
[#4]
So you have 6 effective kills.

A mech can be killed by 33 damage headshot.  So for your 6 kills had you been efficient you would have only done 198 damage.

Thus you are gloating that you are so inaccurate you were causing all sorts of ineffective hits.

It would be like a deer hunting gloating about how he shot a deer 10 times before it died.  All you're doing is saying you can't aim and hit the vitals.

Link Posted: 12/13/2018 10:26:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

A mech can be killed by 33 damage headshot.  So for your 6 kills had you been efficient you would have only done 198 damage.

Thus you are gloating that you are so inaccurate you were causing all sorts of ineffective hits.

It would be like a deer hunting gloating about how he shot a deer 10 times before it died.  All you're doing is saying you can't aim and hit the vitals.

View Quote
I have never gotten a headshot kill in hundreds of matches that I recall.
Feel free to post up your screens of your laser precise headshot kill streaks.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:02:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm half teasing you in jest, half serious.

LRMs spread damage.  What you should be focusing on is effectiveness.  Better to direct weapons and pin point damage than to rain LRM spam on the tristate area.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:12:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm half teasing you in jest, half serious.

LRMs spread damage.  What you should be focusing on is effectiveness.  Better to direct weapons and pin point damage than to rain LRM spam on the tristate area.
View Quote
My favorite builds are lrms. Catching a direwolf or annihilator out in the open and watching their weapons stripped away makes me happy!
One of my favorite builds is a direwolf with 6xhmg 5 large pulse and a tc 7.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 1:08:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My favorite builds are lrms. Catching a direwolf or annihilator out in the open and watching their weapons stripped away makes me happy!
View Quote
This is like hearing someone say they like to gut shot deer to watch them suffer.

Hey this is a game, so as long as you are having fun it is all good.  But what you are doing isn't what is best for the rest of the team on that team game you are playing.

Have you considered using your builds on Solaris 7?
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 1:44:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This is like hearing someone say they like to gut shot deer to watch them suffer.

Hey this is a game, so as long as you are having fun it is all good.  But what you are doing isn't what is best for the rest of the team on that team game you are playing.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're an odd duck. Yeah, it's a video game.

As you probably know lrm builds don't work on solaris 7 maps.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's alot of fun, mw5 is being made by the same company.
View Quote
Yeah, too bad.

PGI is fucking garbage.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:47:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't run LRMs on a single chassis.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 2:44:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had five in one game back in the early access days when there was no ghost heat, and you could zoom in really far.  I was rocking an AS-7RS with 4x PPCs.  There weren't many mechs back then, most of them had large cockpits, and many players didn't understand the value of staying in motion.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I had five in one game back in the early access days when there was no ghost heat, and you could zoom in really far.  I was rocking an AS-7RS with 4x PPCs.  There weren't many mechs back then, most of them had large cockpits, and many players didn't understand the value of staying in motion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah the no ghost heat days. Dual ac 20 death cannons and stalkers with lrm 80 and 100
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 6:57:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ah the no ghost heat days. Dual ac 20 death cannons and stalkers with lrm 80 and 100
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking back before the Stalker was in, and the only mech that could mount dual AC20 was a Catapult K2 with a tiny standard engine.

Back in those days, the meta was XL400 sway backs with 9x small lasers, dual-gauss K2s (this was before gauss had to charge before firing) , and 6x streak-2 Cats (at the time, streaks always hit CT).

Everyone else thought PPCs were useless until I one shot them. Then they thought that PPCs were useless, and I was hacking.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:12:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I was thinking back before the Stalker was in, and the only mech that could mount dual AC20 was a Catapult K2 with a tiny standard engine.

Back in those days, the meta was XL400 sway backs with 9x small lasers, dual-gauss K2s (this was before gauss had to charge before firing) , and 6x streak-2 Cats (at the time, streaks always hit CT).

Everyone else thought PPCs were useless until I one shot them. Then they thought that PPCs were useless, and I was hacking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember the no charge gauss days and streak cats. Right after I first started playing was when the LRM code was messed up making 100% of volleys always hit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top