Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/31/2023 3:32:27 PM EDT
I dont know what kind they are. Not the ordinary, garden variety wasp I'm used to.

Closing up my office, Friday afternoon, I got stung twice. Didn't even see it coming. Back of my wrist, back of my thumb. I found a can of Brake Clean and went after them. These fuckers are super hyper and aggressive and wont sit still. The first one I sprayed at came right at me and hit me in the eye ball.  Luckily I didn't get stung. Every time I sprayed at one, it would fly directly toward my face. I thought I killed them all.

My thumb joints ached all weekend like I had arthritis. This morning My thumb felt OK.  I came to work at noon, looked for wasps and didn't see any, cautiously unlocked the door, and out of nowhere got stung above my elbow and on my bicep. Now my thumb is sore again too.  

I went to town and got a couple cans of wasp and hornet killer. It's the same thing with that stuff. Spray at one and it responds by coming right for your face. I never seen the like. It's like they're all methed up.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:33:18 PM EDT
[#1]
MURDER HORNETS
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you tried sending them $1.25B?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm glad I only have the super sweet and cuddly kind.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:45:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I've noticed that yellowjackets turn in to even bigger assholes than they already are the hotter it gets.  Maybe this heatwave set em off?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:47:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I carry one of these bad boys around in a holster when I'm working around the house, specifically for wasps. My quick draw and point/shoot accuracy is getting pretty damn good.

https://www.amazon.com/Bug-A-Salt-Shred-Er-BUG-A-SALT-Starter-Kit/dp/B09SL491F6
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:47:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
MURDER HORNETS
View Quote

Fucking scary shitass motherfuckers

Everything You Need To Know About Murder Hornets In 6 Minutes
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Cocaine wasps.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:49:33 PM EDT
[#8]
They can make your girlfriend look like Angelina Jolie.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've noticed that yellowjackets turn in to even bigger assholes than they already are the hotter it gets.  Maybe this heatwave set em off?
View Quote

The nests get larger through the summer and they get nastier and more aggressive in higher numbers.  People are deathly afraid of venomous snakes when yellow jackets are far more dangerous.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Those are engineered Chicom wasp. Non native to USA
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 4:02:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I think I'll call them, "Antifa Wasps. "
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 4:10:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Are they black with white striping?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 4:33:12 PM EDT
[#13]
They sound like yellow jackets.  They're real asshoe.

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 4:35:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 4:36:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like a little incendiary action is needed.

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 4:39:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:. MURDER HORNETS
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Wasps get more aggressive at the end of summer.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 4:41:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Can't tell.  Too fast. If I can get one killed and recovered, I want to take a pic.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#19]
My plant ate a Yellowjacket last week.  I laughed the entire time it buzzed.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Wasps do indeed recognize faces/eyes as prime targets.  So at the very least, make sure you're wearing sunglasses or goggles.

Wasps use the sun to navigate, so they're less active when it's cloudy or night.  That's when you should attack.
View Quote

I figured that out.  every one, straight to my face..
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 4:46:27 PM EDT
[#21]
We've had problems with red wasps, paper wasps and yellow jackets around our home lately.  Of those 3 varieties, the yellow jackets are by far the most aggressive.  My son was mowing the yard a couple of weeks ago.  He unknowingly ran over a yellow jacket nest in the ground and they went after him with a vengeance - stung him 7 times as he hauled butt across the yard trying to get away from them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My plant ate a Yellowjacket last week.  I laughed the entire time it buzzed.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/281579/70577992929__82C81A8F-3F05-44E9-B88D-0D2-2904037.jpg
View Quote

I need to get some carnivorous plants....
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 4:54:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I carry one of these bad boys around in a holster when I'm working around the house, specifically for wasps. My quick draw and point/shoot accuracy is getting pretty damn good.

https://www.amazon.com/Bug-A-Salt-Shred-Er-BUG-A-SALT-Starter-Kit/dp/B09SL491F6
View Quote

That just makes wasps angrier.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 5:05:42 PM EDT
[#24]
A good squirt of liquid dish soap in a big bowl of warm water thrown onto the nest makes them DRT.  Do it at night when they are all back on the nest.

It is also fun with a super soaker filled with the same stuff.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My plant ate a Yellowjacket last week.  I laughed the entire time it buzzed.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/281579/70577992929__82C81A8F-3F05-44E9-B88D-0D2-2904037.jpg

I figured after buying this it would die from the sun and humidity.  It has absolutely FLOURISHED.  The pitchers are turning bright red which is a sign it is loving life.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 5:11:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm glad I only have the super sweet and cuddly kind.
View Quote

It would have helped if OP at least gave a general color.  All can be asshats but I usually find the red ones in my area are the most aggressive wasp, only bald faced hornets are worse.  Yellow jackets will give the red wasp a run for their money once disturbed though.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I figured after buying this it would die from the sun and humidity.  It has absolutely FLOURISHED.  The pitchers are turning bright red which is a sign it is loving life.
View Quote

I guess I need to ask....what is yours...it if gets just one of these assholes a year I will be happy......

Though I go back to the bold part and there was a movie/play about something like this.......
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 5:20:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Mean Wasps
Psycho Women
Boiling Hot
Freezing Cold
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Wow, you do have some aggressive wasps!
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Though I go back to the bold part and there was a movie/play about something like this.......
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 6:14:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I guess I need to ask....what is yours...it if gets just one of these assholes a year I will be happy......

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. What is it, and does it stink?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#32]
I got tagged by a wasp a month ago. I was unlocking our shed door and there was a nest in the eve about 8ft up. Didn’t bang around or get close. All of a sudden something bounces off my shoulder. SOB flew into my collar bone and stung me in one shot. Damn things pack a punch
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Wait until evening when they are on the nest and calm.

THEN hose them down with spray.

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#34]
The Red wasps are complete asshole and don't like the sound of gunfire.
I got stung by one of them when shooting at the range.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s a pitcher plant.  They love heat and humidity.  They’re a bog plant.  I water it every other day with distilled water.  If it rains I put it out in it and allow it to drain.

These pitchers are all new.  I’m rotating the plant.  It wintered in a green house and wasn’t doing well when I bought it.  I repotted it (they advise you not to) and it’s liking MS hot weather.

Wasps are attracted to the smell coming from the water and “sap” in the pitchers.  They get caught.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#36]
I was sitting on my patio a few weeks back. Sitting there minding my own damn business. When all of a sudden I got stung four times all at once by four different wasps. Had been sitting there for the better part of a half hour with no issues. Then they just decided to get all Murdery like!

F Wasps
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 6:45:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It’s a pitcher plant.  They love heat and humidity.  They’re a bog plant.  I water it every other day with distilled water.  If it rains I put it out in it and allow it to drain.

These pitchers are all new.  I’m rotating the plant.  It wintered in a green house and wasn’t doing well when I bought it.  I repotted it (they advise you not to) and it’s liking MS hot weather.

Wasps are attracted to the smell coming from the water and “sap” in the pitchers.  They get caught.  https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/281579/IMG_9495-2904157.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/281579/IMG_9494-2904158.jpg
View Quote

So, it stinks?

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#38]
White Angol Saxon Protestant?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 6:59:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

https://cdn.insteading.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/yellow-jackets.jpg
View Quote

These are not yellow jackets. They are Polistes dominula, the European paper wasp.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 7:02:10 PM EDT
[#40]
"Mean Wasps" sounds like a punk rock band name.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 7:04:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

So, it stinks?

View Quote

Shit.  I forgot to say “only to the wasps”. I can’t smell a thing but there were multiple citations on this.

So yes, and no.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 7:10:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

These are not yellow jackets. They are Polistes dominula, the European paper wasp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://cdn.insteading.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/yellow-jackets.jpg

Careful now, last week, I was ripped as posters noted a yellow jacket is really a wasp.

Smaller, not elongated bodies, are YJ's in my opinion.  Longer, more segmented bodies, dangly legs,. Wasp.

Fuck them all, but the danglies hurt way more and don't live in the ground but do make hanging pinatas.

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Anything that’s not “fuzzy” with a hard exoskeleton.

I hate these bitches (recently found out they’re female)

Red Paper Wasp

They will attack in groups during heat for no reason at all.  I was some 7 feet away.  Took a sting to the head and one to the hand.  

They hate sound and vibration.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 7:26:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Careful now, last week, I was ripped as posters noted a yellow jacket is really a wasp.

Smaller, not elongated bodies, are YJ's in my opinion.  Longer, more segmented bodies, dangly legs,. Wasp.

Fuck them all, but the danglies hurt way more and don't live in the ground but do make hanging pinatas.

View Quote

Okay I laughed at this........I can just see some guy walking out with a long stick or a broom ........and after the first hit running like a mad man across the yard....
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 7:35:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Okay I laughed at this........I can just see some guy walking out with a long stick or a broom ........and after the first hit running like a mad man across the yard....
View Quote

I'll be here all week!

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:32:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Mean Wasps
Psycho Women
Boiling Hot
Freezing Cold
View Quote

Sounds like a good night in vegas!
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:40:01 AM EDT
[#47]
I shoved a road flare in a gopher hole that yellow jackets had taken over. I'm mostly confident they're fucked.

Wasps are great dudes until they build nests in your stuff.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 7:43:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 7:45:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 7:46:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Yellow jackets? Nasty fuckers. Aggressive, mean, relentless.

I respect them,  but I hate them.
Find the nest, YJs do ground nests, hose it down with cold water, or gasoline and fire.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top