Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 10:01:13 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife and I had McRibs tonight for dinner, I also had a Quarter pounder but no fries (hey I'm on a controlled diet because I had a heart attack) but that was two years ago. It was good but not quite as good as I remember. The sauce seemed thin and too sweet, oh well maybe next year.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 10:09:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Gross!
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 10:56:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
McDonald's here uses "beef bacon", or as we affectionately call it, "Fakin'".  I'd hate to see a Fakin' McRib.

There is one of the modern MREs that is basically the McRib, made by the same factory.  Let me see if I can find it.  ETA:  Couldn't find it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explain to the mullahs that it is entirely possible that there is no actual pork in it, LOL

Most(ly) halal!
McDonald's here uses "beef bacon", or as we affectionately call it, "Fakin'".  I'd hate to see a Fakin' McRib.

There is one of the modern MREs that is basically the McRib, made by the same factory.  Let me see if I can find it.  ETA:  Couldn't find it.
I miss beef bacon growing up in the KSA. Maybe I remember it with a kid's palette and it actually sucks.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 10:39:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 11:53:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Sitting at drivethru they have mcrib

Did not order mcrib

Ordered coffee

Old old old.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 11:57:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 5:51:11 PM EDT
[#7]
It happened once. It will never happen again.

The McRib sandwich boasts 70 ingredients. That's a whole lotta goings on for a sandwich advertised as "a McRib Pork Patty, bun, barbecue sauce, pickle slices and slivered onions. The bun alone makes up 34 of those ingredients, with tasty additives like Ammonium Sulfate (a kind of salt commonly found in soil fertilizers), azodicarbonamide ("a flour-bleaching agent that is most commonly used in the manufacture of foamed plastics like in gym mats and the soles of shoes," according to Time) and everyone's favorite trans fat friendly partially hydrogenated soybean and cottonseed oils.

McDonald's keeps suspiciously vague regarding the patty meat, claiming it's a wholesome combination of "pork, water, salt, dextrose and three kinds of preservatives: BHA, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid. BHA, or butylated hydroxyanisole, a fat preservative, "may contribute to carcinogenicity or tumorigenicity" and can also lead to changes in behavior. Propyl gallate also has carcinogenic properties and can have damaging effects on the stomach, skin, respiratory system, kidney and liver; it's banned in other countries.

Besides the gnarly chemicals, what kind of cuts go into forming this "pork" patty? According to a dispatch from Maxim, there is "very little actual rib meat in a McRib." "Primarily, it's shoulder meat," Rob Cannell, director of McDonald's U.S. supply chain, explained to the magazine. That sounds promising; pork shoulder can be used to make delicious pulled pork sandwiches. But according to a University of Nebraska study, you're really eating restructured pig innards coated in salt, specifically tripe, heart, and scalded stomachs. Offal has become trendy thanks to the nose-to-tail movement and, to be sure, folks in countries like Mexico and Italy have no problem devouring things like tripe without a second thought. Just helpful to know exactly what you're consuming, is all.

http://gothamist.com/2013/11/13/the_disgusting_depressing_truth_beh.php
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 6:21:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The McRib sandwich boasts 70 ingredients. That's a whole lotta goings on for a sandwich advertised as "a McRib Pork Patty, bun, barbecue sauce, pickle slices and slivered onions. The bun alone makes up 34 of those ingredients, with tasty additives like Ammonium Sulfate (a kind of salt commonly found in soil fertilizers), azodicarbonamide ("a flour-bleaching agent that is most commonly used in the manufacture of foamed plastics like in gym mats and the soles of shoes," according to Time) and everyone's favorite trans fat friendly partially hydrogenated soybean and cottonseed oils.

McDonald's keeps suspiciously vague regarding the patty meat, claiming it's a wholesome combination of "pork, water, salt, dextrose and three kinds of preservatives: BHA, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid. BHA, or butylated hydroxyanisole, a fat preservative, "may contribute to carcinogenicity or tumorigenicity" and can also lead to changes in behavior. Propyl gallate also has carcinogenic properties and can have damaging effects on the stomach, skin, respiratory system, kidney and liver; it's banned in other countries.

Besides the gnarly chemicals, what kind of cuts go into forming this "pork" patty? According to a dispatch from Maxim, there is "very little actual rib meat in a McRib." "Primarily, it's shoulder meat," Rob Cannell, director of McDonald's U.S. supply chain, explained to the magazine. That sounds promising; pork shoulder can be used to make delicious pulled pork sandwiches. But according to a University of Nebraska study, you're really eating restructured pig innards coated in salt, specifically tripe, heart, and scalded stomachs. Offal has become trendy thanks to the nose-to-tail movement and, to be sure, folks in countries like Mexico and Italy have no problem devouring things like tripe without a second thought. Just helpful to know exactly what you're consuming, is all.

View Quote
Mmmmmm

Link Posted: 11/2/2018 6:50:18 PM EDT
[#9]
So fucking gross. Have at it, fatties.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 6:52:56 PM EDT
[#10]
A Quarter Pounder and a McRib in the same meal? OMFG, I would die. Not just from the calories, but the carb content and fat. I am not the smallest guy either. FUUUUUUUUUUU.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 6:56:39 PM EDT
[#11]
My local MCD is not participating in the McRib frenzy.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 7:41:47 PM EDT
[#13]
And you wander who is hoarding the McRibs and all the ammo ?

Neckbeardus-Maximus

Link Posted: 11/2/2018 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#14]
No.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 8:16:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I ate 3 and a Mickey D's sweet T for supper last Friday night. So good.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I ate 3 and a Mickey D's sweet T for supper last Friday night. So good.
View Quote
 You ate three in one sitting?
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 8:38:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Burger King...is that you?
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 8:41:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Fuckin' puhlease...you've never had a breakfast sausage patty like Jimmy Dean puts out?

Link Posted: 11/2/2018 8:44:53 PM EDT
[#19]
So you eat the bones?
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 8:45:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Love them, so tasty.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 8:48:49 PM EDT
[#21]
I always stop by mcdonalds for a mcrib every time they come back, rarely eat there otherwise. It's my guilty pleasure.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 8:49:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Fuckin' puhlease...you've never had a breakfast sausage patty like Jimmy Dean puts out?

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.5AhAGLOhmQ9Hla7mJifEnQHaF_&pid=15.1&P=0&w=201&h=163
View All Quotes
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 8:51:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Do you think ol' Jimmy Dean sits and makes those patties by hand? Fuck no, they're made just like the meat being processed in your earlier post.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 8:55:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
I can eat them to my hearts content and still not get fat.

Sucks to be you with your shitty metabolism.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 8:56:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Do you think ol' Jimmy Dean sits and makes those patties by hand? Fuck no, they're made just like the meat being processed in your earlier post.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where do you get all this secret insider intel ?

Link Posted: 11/2/2018 8:57:12 PM EDT
[#26]
It’s been at least 25 years since I’ve had a McRib. I remember them fondly from my youth, but I’m sure I’d be disappointed with it now. Think I’ll skip it and just keep my happy memories.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 8:58:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I will, thanks.  I'll leave you to your sprouts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will, thanks.  I'll leave you to your sprouts.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 11:25:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Attachment Attached File

Just ate two, removed the bottom buns and made a double.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 9:20:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 11:25:57 PM EDT
[#30]
My roommate out of high school worked there. A 4 patty mcrib was awesome.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 11:32:08 PM EDT
[#31]
I had one, once. I was probably about eight when they first came out. IIRC I didn't like it much.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:15:36 PM EDT
[#32]
I’m having one now.  It tastes the same as it did about two years ago when I last had it.  Sauce seems the same.

It wasn’t listed on the menu or advertised in the store anywhere.  I asked the cashier if they had it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Could you use pork shoulder and meat glue to make your own mcrib patty?
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:42:39 PM EDT
[#34]
A reconstituted pork patty sandwich that was frozen doesnt sound appealing yet it's delicious and habit forming.

I think they inject crystal meth into it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:20:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Had one yesterday, first in about 2-3 years.

First bite was glorious. Then it got more and more Meh.

Done for this year, I guess.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:35:33 AM EDT
[#36]
McRib was only good when they partnered with K.C. Masterpiece sauce.  I thought they were great back then.  I now realize it was just the sauce that was good.  The chopped up and pressed pork was just filler.

Hmmmmm.....I think I need to pick up some ribs at the grocery store today. And some K.C. Masterpiece.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:40:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:46:28 PM EDT
[#38]
I ate one today! It was GLORIOUS!
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:02:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Knew a guy back in the day that used to go ape shit for those things.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:04:24 PM EDT
[#40]
They came out here about a week ago.  Had my 4th one tonight.  Glad lots of yall hate them. Only means more for me. Guess i had my 1st ones back in the awesome 80's. Yum
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top