Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2018 7:31:24 AM EDT
One mason lodge near me got burned down a couple of years ago. Arson. Earlier this week I passed a lodge that someone had taken spray paint to the sign out by the road.  Is this more common or is this a local problem?
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 8:49:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
One mason lodge near me got burned down a couple of years ago. Arson. Earlier this week I passed a lodge that someone had taken spray paint to the sign out by the road.  Is this more common or is this a local problem?
View Quote
I’ve not seen it happen.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Thankfully I've never heard of those things happening in Mass over the 37 yrs I've been a Mason.
But vandals/vandalism exists everywhere.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Lots of lodges around me. Never heard of it. I'm sure it's happened somewhere. People suck.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 2:38:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Had someone break in the lodge awhile back, nothing taken or damaged.  Threatening letter left at several lodges in our area a year or two ago.  Thankfully that has been it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 9:39:35 PM EDT
[#5]
We had a local faculty deprived individual write up a manifesto detailing how the Freemasons were in charge of every sinister organization since the old testament.

Stated how he had an AK, mentioned enough facts about our lodge to raise concern, and threatened to come shoot up the stated meeting

We all got a call from our WM telling us about the threat, and mentioning that we may want to skip the meeting that night. I decided to go and thought I might stake out the parking lot of the bbq place next door.

Between the brothers, and the leo’s you could hardly find a parking spot there or at the skating rink next door. Turned out we needed two Tylers that night. The one inside was more than duly prepared, and the one in the parking lot may as well of had a key to the armory.

That was a night that practically the entire lodge bladed at 45.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 9:46:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 10:52:40 PM EDT
[#7]
have not seen anything like that other than some scrappers stole the copper downspouts off of one Lodge 3 years ago in my district.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 6:00:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Years ago someone broke into our shed. Nothing of value was taken. We just leave it unlocked now. There is nothing in there but a half functional grill.

I do worry about it a lot though. Our lodge is on a main highway,  but a couple of miles from town. It sits by itself and is surrounded by corn fields. It would be a easy target for some high school vandals.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 4:40:45 AM EDT
[#9]
the one i'm a member of is located downtown and has a high traffic of people / vagrants that come thru the parking lot during the day. in my district i have heard of a lodge burning down coincidentally after a hurricane,as i guess there was one or two crazies of interest that had been visiting all the lodges. some how our lodge attracts a random crazy here and there but we ask them politely but firmly to leave, i have also heard of people spray paint tagging the side of the building that is at the intersection.

just my time being a member at i've witnessed two abandoned cars in the parking lot, one broken lamp fixture on the front of the building (most likely a drunk or transient), they've tried breaking into the shed on the property, and someone has attempted to steal the copper wiring for the pole lights we have, as we wondered why one gangbox had its cover ripped off, and the parking lot pole light timer was burnt up and inoperable inside of the lodge. whoever the dumbass that tried stealing the wiring got a nice dose of 220v. since security is my profession, i have offered my services free for install if the lodge paid for the surveillance system. we went with a Lorex 4K camera bundle from costco, couldn't beat 6 4K cameras, 2TB DVR , and the cables for like $700. and then purchased an APC battery backup for around $100 just in case storms/hurricanes, or attempted robberies.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 4:57:35 AM EDT
[#10]
All of the above cases would have happened to any building in that location. I don't really think it's Masonic targets.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:58:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Had swastikas and kkk spray painted on the front door.   Pretty sure it was kids.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 5:14:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We've had kids get in a couple of times over the years.  Broke a door once.  Discharged a fire extinguisher a couple of times.  Had some homeless folks stay in the building for a couple of days around Christmas last year.
View Quote
We own our building in the business district of a small town. There is a store downstairs and an apartment in the back that are our tenants, and they keep an eye on the property. It's been very valuable in keeping trouble away since we're not empty for most of the month like some places.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top