Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 3:52:01 AM EDT
[#1]
When Haven’t they been woke? They haven’t made a quality film in YEARS.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 3:56:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How will they ever make a sequel after he blows himself up?
View Quote
The pieces, man. They'll take on a life of their own (imagine something a-la "The Thing")
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 7:13:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I suspect about as many people will watch this as Batwoman.

I bet 90% of Batwoman's audience was the cast and crew's family.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 7:20:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 7:22:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Haven’t they been woke like forever?
View Quote

Yes, back to the comic books too.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 7:33:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Goes? Been gone for a while
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 7:33:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As soon as I saw the picture on Drudge I knew one of you would be feverishly masturbating to the idea of posting this here.

This character has been around for nearly a decade.

It’s like when you neu-Karens found out Batwoman is a lesbian all over again.
View Quote

I’ll bet its one of their top sellers.  And who cares how long their shitty comic had been out?
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 7:38:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like a pretty weak super hero. Wouldn't she have to be subservient to all males?
Any male bad guy..."you will do me no harm and go clean my floors and make a sandwich!"
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 7:39:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Don't care. Muslims can be comic book characters too, IDGAF.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Marvel has been woke. Don't pay attention to the blockbuster movies, look at the rest of their stuff.
View Quote

This.   The comics have been woke as fuck for years.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 8:39:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Marvel has been woke. Don't pay attention to the blockbuster movies, look at the rest of their stuff.
View Quote

Or do pay attention.  Deadpool 2 made Negasonic gay for no reason whatsoever except pandering.  It added nothing to the story.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 8:42:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Goes?
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 8:44:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

Tell me again why IGAF about what a superheroes religion is???
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Well, now that Thanos is gone they needed another supervillain.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Started seeing it creep into the blockbusters too, after Stan Lee died.  Phase 4 will be chock full of it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 12:20:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Infinity stoned
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 12:22:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Still haven't seen black panther
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#20]
So she's gonna be from Hamtramck?
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 12:29:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's not terrible, funny thing is the bad guys is way more likable than the hero.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#22]
There was an American NAZI movement leading up to WW2, the KKK had youth recruitment and outreach efforts, and we're all aware of the current critical race theory gaslighting. All evil ideologies try to "mainstream" at some point, Islam is no different.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#23]
It's all well and good but I can't recall a character of their who had a large part of their identity based on being a Christian

Eddie Brock went to pray in a church before he became Venom the brain eating alien monster...does that count?
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Will squirrel girl also have a role?

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 12:58:18 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@GreasyEasy

1st scene

https://media.tenor.com/images/e97a476e0e7aa555d230c3e044ff7455/tenor.gif

Self destruct enabled
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 1:05:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It's all well and good but I can't recall a character of their who had a large part of their identity based on being a Christian

Eddie Brock went to pray in a church before he became Venom the brain eating alien monster...does that count?
View Quote

Nightcrawler is a Monk

Daredevil is Catholic

Spawn rejects the devil and fights in the side of an angel so that's gotta count for something.

I think Captain America goes to church

Cyclops and Jean Grey get married in a church
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Marvel print comics have been "woke" for years.

The only reason it hasn't completely leaked into the movies is Kevin Feige, the executive producer of the Marvel Films. Post Endgame, it's rumored that it will be leaking into the movies. This is why I consider Endgame the END of the MCU as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Am I the only one who thought she would have been perfectly happy being pounded by Deadpool while going down on Supersonic Teenage Angst Grrl?
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 1:17:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Nightcrawler is a Monk

Daredevil is Catholic

Spawn rejects the devil and fights in the side of an angel so that's gotta count for something.

View Quote

Spawn is not a Marvel character.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Inshallah
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 1:27:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Internet gas.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 1:36:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Don't care.  Still love the Iron Man, Avengers, and Guardians of the Galaxy series.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 1:38:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nightcrawler is a Monk

Daredevil is Catholic

This guy knows

I'm aware that Daredevil is Catholic in the TV show and it added a good bit to his character. Outside of the cartoon I'm not aware of Nightcrawler ever really having much to do with Catholicism (and in the cartoon he was abused by his master).

I never read Captain America so I can't speak to that

I guess to phrase it another way, does Marvel have any character whose faith is a big part of their character and shown fairly often?
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 1:54:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here won't be a sequel either
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:17:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

In Black Panther the previous Black Panther confronts a man in an Oakland ghetto who is a Wakanda bad guy and kills him. The man's child is left behind in the ghetto after his father is killed by the Black Panther and the child grows up to be the bad guy in the movie. Who could blame him for being pissed at Wakanda?
View Quote
That, and when you have a society where they literally have a fight so the strongest can be king, why should I be cheering for the protagonist?  Does it matter who is king?
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
That, and when you have a society where they literally have a fight so the strongest can be king, why should I be cheering for the protagonist?  Does it matter who is king?
View Quote

It matters that the king can fistfight all comers even when stripped of his superpowers.

That's the only thing a ruler of a nation needs, right? The ability to punch people in the face?
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, they used to be a lot more towards the center (still left, but not crazy shove it in your face left). It's very hard to point out exactly when "woke" in the modern sense crept in, but by the time of comicsgate it was obvious and frankly too late for them.

Interestingly there are rumors going around that the evil mouse is so broke that it is de-woking stuff in attempt to get the customers to come off their dime. Poke around on googleownsyourlifeTube, you can find it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:23:32 PM EDT
[#39]
It's marvel that Marvel doesn't go broke.  Who wants to watch that sh*t?
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Is she going to deal with apostates?  Cause that would be a show worth watching.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:31:13 PM EDT
[#41]
How fucking dumb... most muslims won't accept a female superhero, so what's the target demographic?  
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:32:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
https://theweek.com/speedreads/940894/marvel-casts-newcomer-role-1st-muslim-superhero-ms-marvel

Meet the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Kamala Khan.

Marvel Studios has cast newcomer Iman Vellani as the title character in the upcoming Disney+ show Ms. Marvel, Deadline and The Hollywood Reporter reported on Wednesday. Vellani in playing Pakistani-American teenager Kamala Khan will be portraying the Marvel Cinematic Universe's first Muslim superhero.

Kamala Khan, who draws inspiration from Captain Marvel, became Marvel's first Muslim character with her own comic in 2014, and the Reporter notes her comics are known for "exploring Kamala's identity as a Pakistani American living in a religious family while trying to find her own way." Vellani isn't an established actor, and in fact, according to Deadline, this is her first role in a major Hollywood production. She was previously a part of the Toronto International Film Festival's Next Wave Committee made up of "young film enthusiasts," and in a Q&A for the TIFF website, asked what character she'd play in a movie, she responded, "Iron Man ... duh."
View Quote

View Quote

They've been woke for ages.

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
How fucking dumb... most muslims won't accept a female superhero, so what's the target demographic?  
View Quote

White-guilt-ridden American millenials who think they know more about what's good for Muslims than the Muslims themselves.  Just like with blacks and BLM.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#45]
In the first place, a real Muslim superhero wouldn't be a woman.  Prove me wrong.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:45:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
https://theweek.com/speedreads/940894/marvel-casts-newcomer-role-1st-muslim-superhero-ms-marvel

Meet the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Kamala Khan.

Marvel Studios has cast newcomer Iman Vellani as the title character in the upcoming Disney+ show Ms. Marvel, Deadline and The Hollywood Reporter reported on Wednesday. Vellani in playing Pakistani-American teenager Kamala Khan will be portraying the Marvel Cinematic Universe's first Muslim superhero.

Kamala Khan, who draws inspiration from Captain Marvel, became Marvel's first Muslim character with her own comic in 2014, and the Reporter notes her comics are known for "exploring Kamala's identity as a Pakistani American living in a religious family while trying to find her own way." Vellani isn't an established actor, and in fact, according to Deadline, this is her first role in a major Hollywood production. She was previously a part of the Toronto International Film Festival's Next Wave Committee made up of "young film enthusiasts," and in a Q&A for the TIFF website, asked what character she'd play in a movie, she responded, "Iron Man ... duh."
View Quote

View Quote

What does a Muslim do when they get near a bad guy, detonate their suicide vest?

Get the fuck out of here with that shit, Marvel, and fuck you.

Maybe those fucking cockholsters should take a look at how Islam looks at women.

Would it be sexist to say that Islam is right about women? Because if it is, you shouldn't be celebrating that fucked up cult.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 3:02:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You're not showing the proper amount of indignation at this!!! This is top tier ethnowars at a critical juncture in time. We're going into the biggest election of all time and they change Ms Marvel, our beloved hero and champion of all that is good and whit....er I mean right, into a Pakistani girl. Right before the election where an Indian woman is running for VP!!! Seriously? Can you pander anymore? I can't believe this is happening!!! And did you know the original Captain Marvel was a man but they secretly changed it to a woman right before Hillary ran to get the half alien woman vote? Where my country gone?

If you aren't freaking out about this your girl must have lost

View Quote

Carol Danvers first appeared in 1968
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I suspect about as many people will watch this as Batwoman.

I bet 90% of Batwoman's audience was the cast and crew's family.
View Quote

I watched Batwoman w/ my son.    It was sad in a lot of ways.   If they'd just backed off on the SJW crap it could have been  a good series.  Instead if was funny how bad it was so we made fun of it.    Turned it into a learning experience for my 18 year old son.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:21:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Started seeing it creep into the blockbusters too, after Stan Lee died.  Phase 4 will be chock full of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I quit watching the movies a while back.  Don't see that changing.  They're just getting more woke and more preachy about the SJW agenda.
Page / 3
Top Top