Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2020 11:41:08 AM EDT
Anyone else slightly disappointed in the latest book in this series? The book seemed rushed and left off with a big cliffhanger.
The first 6 books were awesome and I highly recommended them. Maybe the author is working on other projects and he just wanted to satiate his fans by knocking this one out quickly?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 2:39:23 AM EDT
[#1]
He does have that other series, The Palladium Wars, going as well.
I haven’t “read” 7 yet as I’m waiting on the audiobook, which comes out in Feb.

I’m a big fan of the rest of the series.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I've noticed that they seem to be getting shorter and shorter. I wonder how much of that is time being taken up by the Pallidum Wars series and his work in Wild Cards, or if he's running out of steam on Frontlines as a whole.  The parts with the Lankies in it are honestly the slowest parts of the books to me, they aren't really very interesting as an antagonist and the parts that are Click To View Spoiler get glossed over pretty quickly. Pallidum Wars has been pretty good and alot more interesting as a whole.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope that it is because he is too busy making Frontlines into a TV series...

Edit--they do "seem" shorter.  But I will also admit his writing, storytelling, and content make it easy to blaze through the books.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 9:27:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hope that it is because he is too busy making Frontlines into a TV series....
View Quote

Wait, what? Really?

I know he has a couple of his shorts for the Love Death and Robots Netflix anthology (including the Frontlines short Luck Thirteen), but I hadn’t heard of anything else.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 9:33:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wait, what? Really?

I know he has a couple of his shorts for the Love Death and Robots Netflix anthology (including the Frontlines short Luck Thirteen), but I hadn’t heard of anything else.
View Quote

It is a hope, more than a statement.  A Frontlines series would be so epic.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 9:46:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Ah, ok. Wishful thinking...and I agree it would be awesome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top