BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2020 11:00:52 PM EDT
According to their Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_7YQVpjgSU/

Link Posted: 5/9/2020 11:08:02 PM EDT
[#1]
ADANAC is Canada spelled backwards. What's the reason for that?
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By captainpooby:
ADANAC is Canada spelled backwards. What's the reason for that?
View Quote

Found this out on the web. Marathon is located in Canada, so that's the first clue:

"Marathon Watch Company, when they submitted their first watches were told that there had to be four other watches (five companies) competing for a contract.

So, Marathon (collaborated and co-made watches with Gallet & Co US), they submitted, Marathon, Canada, ADANAC (Canada backwards), a no name one (sterle dial), and Navigator (if I remember correctly). All had the same case, but each had a different dial, bezel, crown, and lume combination.

Basically, the same Company competed against itself for a military contract."

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?46928-Another-Navigator-Update
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I've owned a few from the various contracts, both Adanac and Marathon marked. While I love the way they look, neither the steel nor composite cased Navigators fit right on my wrist with the large, flat back. On the other hand (), the original Benrus Type I and II with rounded case back wears like it was made for me.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Link Posted: 5/10/2020 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#4]
If it’s under a grand I’ll buy.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:06:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I caught and released the older Navigator (pre-sapphire).  I really liked it, but the 19mm lugs, and chincy feeling bezel (part of the package I guess with a polymer case/bezel), so I moved it on.

A steel version might stick around longer!

Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I really want a watch with tritium.  Been looking at Marathon and Deep Blue.  Any other good ones?
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 4:23:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Many (all?) Ball watches have Tritium.  They are very good watches, but cost $$$.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 5:23:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Redhed97:
I really want a watch with tritium.  Been looking at Marathon and Deep Blue.  Any other good ones?
View Quote

Traser
Armourlite
H3 GWS
MWC
LL Bean
Carnival
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#9]
My JDD didn't make it one year before failing. Sending it in for service soon. Definitely needs a crown and the movement would vibrate when being wound. I like the look, but not sold on the durability. My Omega is going in for its first service at 12 years.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:59:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By BrianC:
Many (all?) Ball watches have Tritium.  They are very good watches, but cost $$$.
View Quote

Picked up a beautiful one on the EE earlier this year for three giddy
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By BrianC:
Many (all?) Ball watches have Tritium.  They are very good watches, but cost $$$.
View Quote

My Ball Engineer model cost $1K on pre-order (It now costs just a tad over $2K) and has fantastic tritium tubes to read at night.  It is super BRIGHT at night!
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Powpow17:

My Ball Engineer model cost $1K on pre-order (It now costs just a tad over $2K) and has fantastic tritium tubes to read at night.  It is super BRIGHT at night!
View Quote

My two Balls

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top