User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:25:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:28:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
well at least in my AO.  I goto lunch 1 or 2 times during the work week and bring my lunch the rest of the days.   I saw that they brought back the OG Italian Chicken Sandwich (the one in the long bun).   So I talked my coworker into going there.   The 2 Burger Kings closest to my work are both a shit show.   One while it has decent service and food is dirty and in need of a good cleaning.   Really its mainly the floor its dark red tile and the grout is very dirty.   The second one my coworker took us to only has one drive through lane open the other always has a chair in it.   The dining room always looks closed.  We go inside and I am looking at the app and they don't even offer pickup inside at it only in the drive through.    I order after waiting for a while for the drive thru guy to wander over to take our order.  He asks me which drink I want which seemed weird until I look over and see the fancy coke machine is broke and turned off.   I get my meal and they burnt the bottom bun on my chicken sandwich and they didn't give me any ice in my pop.   It was a pretty horrible experience.

TDLR for the Arf Tender Tummy Brigade or the I never eat fast food people the local BK's in my town suck and have went down hill bad.   Well at least the 2 close to my work.
View Quote

I parked and was trying to go in and an employee locked the door.   Then they totally ignored the drive thru.  People just left.  They just closed in the middle of dinner rush.   Same chair in the one drive thru lane.  

I had a mobile order so I had to email corporate for a refund.  It’s a total shitshow at the Burger King.  The McD down the block has it going full blast 24/7.   Lines are long but move and you get your food.  Same with the Culver’s.   BK not so much.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:30:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Pop? The fuck is pop?
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:30:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I parked and was trying to go in and an employee locked the door.   Then they totally ignored the drive thru.  People just left.  They just closed in the middle of dinner rush.   Same chair in the one drive thru lane.  

I had a mobile order so I had to email corporate for a refund.  It’s a total shitshow at the Burger King.  The McD down the block has it going full blast 24/7.   Lines are long but move and you get your food.  Same with the Culver’s.   BK not so much.
View Quote

We have a Culver's close to work so I go there also.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:30:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Burger King has always been trash.  IMO I think they're worst fast food chain, right there with Taco Bell
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:30:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Pop? The fuck is pop?
View Quote

Soda what do you want?
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:34:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I stopped going to Burger King when I drove by one and saw a guy using the mop to wash the dining tables.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:35:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Pop? The fuck is pop?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:41:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They all seem to be going out of business around here.
View Quote

Closest 1 to me closed a few yrs ago, I don't miss it.  Doubt if I had been there 5 times
in the last 10 yrs  they were here
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:43:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Other than stupid prices for smaller items, ours are still the same here in NOtVA.  Clean and relatively well manned and fast.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:47:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I go to one once ever 3 years or so....just to remember why I don't go there.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:49:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Mc Donalds is no better. I quit eating fast food because it is all cheap tasteless shit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:52:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:53:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Been a while since I have heard "pop". Scrolled back up to see if you were in Nebraska...
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:59:55 AM EDT
[#15]
I haven't been in a Burger King in 15 years. Not since I walked in on two fat dudes fucking in the bathroom on Okeechobee Blvd. WPB.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:04:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Every Burger King I've ever been in was built at the bottom of the hill.
Only eat there when there is no other choice
Or if I'm just wanting a whopper which does happen once every 2-3 years.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:04:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I haven't been in a Burger King in 15 years. Not since I walked in on two fat dudes fucking in the bathroom on Okeechobee Blvd. WPB.
View Quote

It is West Palm Beach what did you expect?
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:05:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:06:31 AM EDT
[#19]
When they came out with their new chicken sandwich a while back, it was awesome.

I got one the other day, and it had shrunk by 2/3 and the patty looked like the original chicken one, just not in the same shape.

Hard pass now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:07:03 AM EDT
[#20]
I’ll also add Rally’s/Checkers to the list of places that the staff is friendly and food is always hot.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:09:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cook's lunch break ?
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:11:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Way back in the day I used to work at a BK. One of my first jobs. Loved the OG chicken oblong sandwich.  But that wasn't always the case. It wasn't until I discovered they freaking pass everything through the microwave, bun and all, before wrapping it up for the customer.  So I just skipped that step and the sandwich was 50x better. Hell if I know they still do the microwave thing today, but wouldn't be surprised if they do. I don't know if they would not nuke it for a customer if they asked.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:12:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Most of the other places like McD and Taco Bell appear to have kept up their value and quality. BK seems to always have trouble keeping open and clean
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:14:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You know a thread is getting good when someone drops some copy pasta into it.  The hot n spicy McChicken is really good.
View Quote

The bland palates east of the Mississippi don’t know what a hot n spicy is.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:22:05 AM EDT
[#25]
I had BK tonight. It was alright. I like a Wopper now and then. I’ll take a dirty BK store with a decent burger over McD’s any day.

That said, a lot of fast food is going downhill these days. Just not a good pool of workers anymore. Even poor dumb people used to have a little pride in their work. Now they want $20 an hour to play on their phones or zone out with their ear buds in. And go smoke weed in their car on a break.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:22:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Two weeks ago, a friend and I went to a BK because neither of us had been to one in years.  We went at lunch time... you know, when every place is packed.  We were THE ONLY PEOPLE in the restaurant.  My buddy asked one of the ladies "Where are all of the customers?" and she said "I don't know, I'm just here for the day."  One drink machine was broken, and was dispensing about half-strength stuff.  Neither of the machines had ice.

Whoever owns that place has GOT to be losing money hand over fist just paying rent and wages.  I can't imagine it's anything but a front for laundering drug money, any actual businessman would have closed that down long ago and got a Chik-Fil-A franchise.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:22:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know a thread is getting good when someone drops some copy pasta into it.  The hot n spicy McChicken is really good.

Haha that is true.   I know it was regional it seems to be permanently on the menu here after they added it last year.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:25:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Two weeks ago, a friend and I went to a BK because neither of us had been to one in years.  We went at lunch time... you know, when every place is packed.  We were THE ONLY PEOPLE in the restaurant.  My buddy asked one of the ladies "Where are all of the customers?" and she said "I don't know, I'm just here for the day."  One drink machine was broken, and was dispensing about half-strength stuff.  Neither of the machines had ice.

Whoever owns that place has GOT to be losing money hand over fist just paying rent and wages.  I can't imagine it's anything but a front for laundering drug money, any actual businessman would have closed that down long ago and got a Chik-Fil-A franchise.
View Quote

I have never been to a Chik-Fil-A and ever thought man they lost a step.   I am always amazed how clean and well run they are.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:34:48 AM EDT
[#29]
I used to eat at BK's corporate HQ restaurant (5505 Blue Lagoon Dr, Miami, FL 33126). The quality was top notch since it was at their HQ. Generally, they've had staffing issues at their franchises all across FL due to labor shortages.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:36:09 AM EDT
[#30]
There’s one near my work. They tore it down a few months ago and built a brand new one in its spot. I went there during my lunch break one day. I sat in the drive through for 45 minutes, boxed in. There is no way to leave the drive through once someone pulls up behind you.

That’s the last time I’ll ever go there.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:38:56 AM EDT
[#31]
From the 1990s through the first decade of the 2000s, BK wasn't necessarily bad.  The food was decent and they didn't seem dirty.  Something changed, probably in one of their ownership changes, and they started getting dirtier.  The last time I went to a BK was a couple years ago and the place was scary dirty with flies everywhere.  I just walked out it was so bad.  It's a shame, because the competition between them McDonalds and Wendys I think helps the consumer.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:44:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Burger King is pretty bad here.

I like Wendy's far better go there usually once a week.
View Quote

@wyomingnick  every summer in my way to Dubois, I stop at the crappy BK in Rawlings for a whopper. It some weird tradition
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:46:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Well now I think I need to get a triple whopper with cheese and a few rodeo cheeseburgers, just because it's been a few years.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:49:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.

One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.

I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.
View Quote

Damn you! That was MY line!
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:49:44 AM EDT
[#35]
A new one was built near me. Went in one day for lunch, no one ever came to the counter to take my order so I left.

When a business pisses me off, it can be years before I ever go back.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:49:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The one in my town closed for selling drugs from the drive thru. The next closest one is very diverse and is absolutely filthy. I do not go there, EVER. Welcome to Tennessee.
View Quote

BK seems to have deliberately chosen to market themselves as "The Black-Burger" place.

As I result of the highly "vibrant & diverse" customers, I prefer to eat elsewhere as being in the middle of a restaurant wide brawl or shoot out over someone "disrespctn'" isn't worth a flame broiled whopper.

Far less 'Yute & shitty food issues & much better food at Whataburger or P. Terry's

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:50:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 2:02:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Wendy's is the best fast food restaurant.

Their beef tastes the best, always hot and fresh. Their fries are second to none!

Always smiling faces at my local Wendy's retuarant!
I ask for BBQ or ranch sauce and they always give them to me for free!

It's the Pretzle, Bacon, Pub Burger for me!
Soft pretzle bun! Tasty hot beef patty! French fried onions! Beer mustard! Beer cheese sauce and delictible pickles!

Mmmm Mmmm! A winner every time!

It sure does meet my expectations of an excellent fast food meal!

Gastronomic genius!!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 2:03:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

BK seems to have deliberately chosen to market themselves as "The Black-Burger" place.

https://images.fastcompany.net/image/upload/w_1280,f_auto,q_auto,fl_lossy/wp-cms/uploads/2021/08/p-1-branding-burger-king-ibd-2021.jpg

https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/project_modules/2800_opt_1/7fe85d111194755.5ffd8bbda82ad.jpg

As I result of the highly "vibrant & diverse" customers, I prefer to eat elsewhere as being in the middle of a restaurant wide brawl or shoot out over someone "disrespctn'" isn't worth a flame broiled whopper.

Far less 'Yute & shitty food issues & much better food at Whataburger or P. Terry's

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

I would be awesome to have a Whataburger in town.  Last time I was in Arizona I stopped at one and got their green chili burger that was amazing.   The sad thing is we lost our Hardees like 40 years ago and where it used to be is a BK.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 2:06:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It’s not just your town.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2023 2:07:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Everything is turning to shit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 2:08:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Burger King was headed down 20 years ago. The trip to the bottom is short for them.
View Quote

I loved BK burgers at one time but their burgers went to hell over 20 years ago.Every few years I try one but nope, bad.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 2:14:09 AM EDT
[#43]
The Burger King in my area is lovely. The employees all look like their family tree never branched.

Oddly enough the Chick Fil a right across the street is hosted by happy smiling white kids that all look like the poster child at a Jehovah's witness convention.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 2:16:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I lover BK burgers at one time but their burgers went to hell over 20 years ago.Every few years I try one but nope, bad.
View Quote

Yeah, back in the 90's they had this whole table service thing.
You got free popcorn and the burgers were hot, big, juicy, and tasty.

Now they don't seem to give a fuck at local BK's.
Clueless mongoloids working the counter and grill.
Stale buns. Cold patties, unmelted cheese. Soggy fries.
It's sad as fuck now.

A statement of the sadness that humanity has become.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 2:17:24 AM EDT
[#45]
I would get sick every time I ate anything other than their original chicken sandwich, so I stopped trying.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 2:20:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It's sad as fuck now.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I lover BK burgers at one time but their burgers went to hell over 20 years ago.Every few years I try one but nope, bad.

It's sad as fuck now.

I don't remember the popcorn. I remember popcorn at Sears Hardware.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 2:20:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup, EVERYTHING.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 2:40:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not everything - the In N Out in my area still has good food and great service.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 2:55:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Got the chicken sandwich from burger King the other day. Truly a disgusting thing.  It had Yellow and congealed mayo, Yellow lettuce and a thin piece of chicken that was almost flavorless.  The fries a bit cold and the tea was ok. I sat in my car trying to eat this filth watching a bum with some stupid sign trying to get money from passing cars. I couldn't help but compare this meal with America and what it's becoming.  In disgust I tossed everything out the window of my hellcat into the burger King parking lot with a satisfying splat. I pulled up to the intersection and this bum I was watching comes up to my car window and holds up a burger King cup full of change. The bum says hey buddy can you spare anything?? I look at him and say no I got nothing.  The bum says you have this nice car but you can't give me anything?? At this point I'm getting pretty pissed at the nerve of this guy and I tell him sure I got something for you. I reach over and pretend to get some change out of the little holder and as I go to drop some quarters in his cup I slap it out of his hand. It was my lucky day because the whole thing landed in my car. The bum screams something but I floored it and all 807 horses came to life and left his ass in the dust. I chuckle thinking the last thing he saw was my custom license plate 34free.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 2:58:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Every one I've been to in the last 10 years or so has been a dump with shitty food.

Pretty much all of the 'fast food' ones just plain suck now.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top