Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2018 8:32:57 PM EDT
I have a Mamiya 7 and three Mamiya lenses for it (65mm f4, 80mm f4 and a 150mm f4.5).  I haven't taken a photo with it for several years because film is a pain and expensive.  I keep thinking about selling it to fund a couple lenses for my Sony mirrorless but man it takes some really crisp photos.  Cant decide.  Any of you still keep film cameras around? Still use them often?  What do you folks think, keep or sell?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 8:39:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Sell it and apply proceeds to new camera/lenses.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 8:48:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Little by little I have parted ways with Hasselblad, Mamiya RB and Nikon film cameras.  This summer I threw all my darkroom equipment away. Film is not coming back everyone wants to see the photo they just took on their cell phone and everyone with a digital camera thinks they are a photographer but none of them will ever know how to balance lights or set exposure.  Part ways with it if you can get anything for it, if not good luck finding 120 film.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Still have a Mamiya  I use now and again.  best to send the film off to an all in one developer, scanner set up although I can still develop B&W in the bathroom like a champ.

If you are not using it. you can try craigslist, I have bought some photo stuff there.Or just box it up and send it to KEH.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 8:55:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a Mamiya 7 and three Mamiya lenses for it (65mm f4, 80mm f4 and a 150mm f4.5).  I haven't taken a photo with it for several years because film is a pain and expensive.  I keep thinking about selling it to fund a couple lenses for my Sony mirrorless but man it takes some really crisp photos.  Cant decide.  Any of you still keep film cameras around? Still use them often?  What do you folks think, keep or sell?
View Quote
I have a Contax G2 plus lenses for 35mm and a RB67 Pro SD for 6x7.  Currently I don’t have time to invest in using them, so they sit.  I am hopeful that I’ll get back to a point where I can use them again regularly.

I love the G2, I wish there was a digital camera that replicated that camera. The Fuji X Pro 2 is close. That in Full Frame with a nice set of primes would do it for me.

GFX 50R is interesting.  I will see how that goes when it is in the wild.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top