BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 5:31:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Exactly.  Only low single digit percent ever get good infantry training.
View Quote

I don't know why I feel like I am in the twilight zone here. Back in my day, if you didn't have a high tech afsc it's because you weren't smart enough to do anything else except pull guard duty. Infantry was something you did if you couldn't walk and chew gum. Vietnam was someplace those guys went because they couldn't get into college, and, there was no shame in not going. The military wasn't something to strive to get into, it was something to try and get out of.

A lot of that is because our special military operation in Vietnam was a conflict a lot of people here felt we had no business being in. I remember how hesitant we were to even get involved in middle eastern affairs before the gulf war. We had serious doubts as to the validity of going over there to fight for oil. At least 31 years ago. Panama, wtf are we even doing?

Anyone remember Chaz/Chop? You know, where those larper dudes got all dressed up in their pink frillies and ended up blasting those kids in the car?  How people said they were sorry for those kids being dead but, muh revolution? Where's the protests? Our own government's lame assed response to the billions of dollars in destruction? Oh yeah, stand back and stand by.

The biggest mistake here is in believing that any of these people is larping. The problem is not that they're larping; it's that they're not. You think guys putting on flowered shirts and going to lobby day came out to larp, all 50,000 of them? And VetBro stuff, and cancel culture, and cross dressing dudes, and furries waiting in the wings for a chance at your kids. Please extract your cranium from your rectum. People went, and people died violently, by gunfire.

The ones who didn't show up, were the defunded and emasculated cops, and/or the disarmed Natl Guard. Yeah, bro, just trust the police, bro, or the national guard, bro, and , trust the media won't lie about it bro, and, the government won't lie about it either, bro. But your job is gone, your business is burned, the media says it's peaceful, and you can go to the riot, just not to church, and not to the bar. Your kids can't go to school, but, they can go to drag queen story hour, and those people in the animal suits, probably can't wait to yif on your kids, just like disney.

But it's all good bro, cause we gotta fight the rooskie bro, just not when they're here, burning down our stuff.  

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 5:38:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
And just because you served, doesn't mean you did anything tactical.
View Quote
I had one day of combat in 1988, in the Navy - I am as "tactical" as a donut.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 6:57:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I don't know why I feel like I am in the twilight zone here. Back in my day, if you didn't have a high tech afsc it's because you weren't smart enough to do anything else except pull guard duty. Infantry was something you did if you couldn't walk and chew gum. Vietnam was someplace those guys went because they couldn't get into college, and, there was no shame in not going. The military wasn't something to strive to get into, it was something to try and get out of.

A lot of that is because our special military operation in Vietnam was a conflict a lot of people here felt we had no business being in. I remember how hesitant we were to even get involved in middle eastern affairs before the gulf war. We had serious doubts as to the validity of going over there to fight for oil. At least 31 years ago. Panama, wtf are we even doing?

Anyone remember Chaz/Chop? You know, where those larper dudes got all dressed up in their pink frillies and ended up blasting those kids in the car?  How people said they were sorry for those kids being dead but, muh revolution? Where's the protests? Our own government's lame assed response to the billions of dollars in destruction? Oh yeah, stand back and stand by.

The biggest mistake here is in believing that any of these people is larping. The problem is not that they're larping; it's that they're not. You think guys putting on flowered shirts and going to lobby day came out to larp, all 50,000 of them? And VetBro stuff, and cancel culture, and cross dressing dudes, and furries waiting in the wings for a chance at your kids. Please extract your cranium from your rectum. People went, and people died violently, by gunfire.

The ones who didn't show up, were the defunded and emasculated cops, and/or the disarmed Natl Guard. Yeah, bro, just trust the police, bro, or the national guard, bro, and , trust the media won't lie about it bro, and, the government won't lie about it either, bro. But your job is gone, your business is burned, the media says it's peaceful, and you can go to the riot, just not to church, and not to the bar. Your kids can't go to school, but, they can go to drag queen story hour, and those people in the animal suits, probably can't wait to yif on your kids, just like disney.

But it's all good bro, cause we gotta fight the rooskie bro, just not when they're here, burning down our stuff.  

View Quote

TL; DR: Government is an incompetent liar, & a joke, & the joke is on you if you still believe.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 7:04:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
oh yeah, these hsld super alpha tactical types turn into catty clucking hens worse than any sewing circle you've ever heard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
oh yeah, these hsld super alpha tactical types turn into catty clucking hens worse than any sewing circle you've ever heard.

Waiting for 400 page book + movie telling us all about it.

Quoted:
The hate is strong in this thread. He has the right to his opinions just like everyone else.

Everyone else has the right to have an opinion about his opinion.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 7:11:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The amount of extremely capable people that never served are multitudes greater than those that did. That’s why we have the draft. That dudes story is incredible but don’t think there are literally millions that couldn’t outperform him in that situation.

Vets, don’t discount civilians abilities.
View Quote

This,  civilians who pay for training are motivated.  They practice to keep up on the training they paid for.  

A civilian is most likely to encounter another civilian, who probably had no training.  The encounter is always unplanned and the good guy has to figure out how to eliminate the threat without injury to innocent bystander
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:23:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I look back at the men that raised me (All WW2 Vets) and I know easily why we won the wars. None of them were on the path to join the Armed Services before the wars began. They went in out of love of country and a pure sense of duty.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:27:54 AM EDT
[#7]
This thread was designed to increase the OP’s post count.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:28:06 AM EDT
[#8]
What if I never served, but I got my multicam hat with the IR flag patch both in Baghdad?  Or if even though I never served a bunch of the stuff hanging on my AR was attached to the rifle I carried in Iraq?

How does that fit?
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:34:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What if I never served, but I got my multicam hat with the IR flag patch both in Baghdad?  Or if even though I never served a bunch of the stuff hanging on my AR was attached to the rifle I carried in Iraq?

How does that fit?
View Quote

I hope well, so it doesn't fall off the rifle.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:00:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  Only low single digit percent ever get good infantry training.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:06:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

@DeathMetalMedic
Go on tell us more?  What unit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I actually served with Dakota.

He can kindly, sweetly, gently, go fuck himself.

@DeathMetalMedic
Go on tell us more?  What unit?

3/3.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:12:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

3/3.
View Quote
Were you a Corpsman?

My son was a Corpsman with 2/8
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:18:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Were you a Corpsman?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3/3.
Were you a Corpsman?

Nope
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:19:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
99/100 vets do nothing more than pt and scrub floors at their local base.

Wikipedia says he tried to commit suicide but failed because the gun wasn't loaded. So much for his training not picking up on that.
View Quote

You think that is funny?
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:27:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This,  civilians who pay for training are motivated.  They practice to keep up on the training they paid for.  

This right here resonates with me. I get this.

A civilian is most likely to encounter another civilian, who probably had no training.  The encounter is always unplanned and the good guy has to figure out how to eliminate the threat without injury to innocent bystander
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The amount of extremely capable people that never served are multitudes greater than those that did. That’s why we have the draft. That dudes story is incredible but don’t think there are literally millions that couldn’t outperform him in that situation.

Vets, don’t discount civilians abilities.

This right here resonates with me. I get this.

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This thread was designed to increase the OP’s post count.
View Quote

You just increased yours by this dumb post.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:31:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Meyer was cooler before he went to Afghanistan
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:32:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Ah shit does this mean I have to throw away my nightvision, chest carriers, suppressors, guns and helmets?

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#19]
To close with and destroy the enemy by fire or maneuver……

Or something like that.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:08:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Meyer is correct.  If you have never seen the elephant, you are a LARPer.  No different than the person that never played football screaming about what the Quarterback/Coach should have done and how the team would have won if he was Quarterback.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:13:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Like the militia during the Revolutionary War?

While the mil teaches you great combat skills, it’s very specific to teach/register for a bulk of your population as possible. It’s very nature is predictable and cumbersome, a big machine that constantly needs feeding.

Guerilla fighters are the Achilles heel of big military machines.

And always will be.
View Quote

News flash.  We did not start winning the Revolutionary War until we adopted European tactics/formations/training.  Say thanks to Kazimierz Pulaski, Baron von Steuben, and Marquis Lafayette to name a few.  The revolution was won by a few frontier sharpshooters is a myth.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:17:13 AM EDT
[#22]
I know enough to be tacticsl regardless of what I'm wearing friendo
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:19:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Meyer is correct.  If you have never seen the elephant, you are a LARPer.  No different than the person that never played football screaming about what the Quarterback/Coach should have done and how the team would have won if he was Quarterback.
View Quote

So people that served for 20 years without a combat deployment are LARPers?
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:19:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You think that is funny?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
99/100 vets do nothing more than pt and scrub floors at their local base.

Wikipedia says he tried to commit suicide but failed because the gun wasn't loaded. So much for his training not picking up on that.

You think that is funny?

Dark humor is a thing. It is kinda funny.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:20:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
No, just the ones that never went to the zoo.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does that fit?

Hasn't  yet.  The hat flew off my head once whole riding a motorcycle.   I executed a tactical  u-turn and picked it up.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:21:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
He knows what gets you clicks these days lol. Controversy.
View Quote

Yep.

He’s trying to monetize his service and heroics and stay relevant.

Him and the seal that shot Osama.

Just because they’re heroes in one regard, doesn’t mean their opinion is any more or less valid
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Plenty of “LARPers” stacking bodies in Ukraine right now. Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:21:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ah shit does this mean I have to throw away my nightvision, chest carriers, suppressors, guns and helmets?

View Quote

I can help you dispose of them.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:21:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No, just the ones that never went to the zoo.
View Quote

Does Minot have a zoo? I would hate to think that for decades we had LARPers sitting in planes with hot nukes.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:22:31 AM EDT
[#31]
First, I do not know what being “tactical” means, but I wonder if he thinks the Taliban or the Viet Cong qualified as tactical?  Or were they playing dress up also.  It appears to me that based on his view on this point he may think the greatest tactical military to ever exist have been giving up countries to men playing dress up.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:22:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Sounds very Black Rifle Coffee Vet Bro
I bet he doesn't support non vet citizens owning evil guns either.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#33]

+1
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:23:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where does this put people that will not shut up about their high school football career when they are 40+ and haven't touched a ball since they were 18?
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:23:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:24:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

So unless you've actually done it, you cant comment on it?

Guess GD is done talking about politics and abortions . . .
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Sounds very Black Rifle Coffee Vet Bro
I bet he doesn't support non vet citizens owning evil guns either.
View Quote

He was in a BRCC skit. I think he was also in that movie they made (Range 15?)
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:26:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least fucking fat chicks is still on the menu.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:28:11 AM EDT
[#39]
With all due respect to Dakota, I disagree.  Marine Corps vet, combat wounded in Desert Storm, blah blah, I've attended some of the finest training the military has to offer, and some of the best i've been to, are from folks that have never served.  While they didnt have "real world" experience to bring to the table, I did consider them experts in their particular area of knowledge, and have learned a lot from them.  I understand fundamentally what he is trying to say, but to dismiss certain folks because they've never served is a mistake.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Nope
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

3/3.
Were you a Corpsman?

Nope

Slow down with all the details. It’s hard to keep up.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:28:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well... yeah.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:29:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If you have the link. Please post. Thankyou
View Quote

He doesn't have any links.  You're The Great Internet Explorer that found a gem from the past no other has seen.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I look back at the men that raised me (All WW2 Vets) and I know easily why we won the wars. None of them were on the path to join the Armed Services before the wars began. They went in out of love of country and a pure sense of duty.
View Quote

Plus a good helping of "show up here on this date, or we come looking to arrest you".
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:31:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Well... yeah.
View Quote

So if all you did was sit in a nuke silo but never actually launched a real missile you're just a LARPer?
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's gonna be real hard for REMF retiree to flex on a one term cook who spent a deployment serving up Yakisoba and potato wedges on a COP in RC-E.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Just want to make sure I have my LARP meter calibrated right. A 21 year old illegal Mexican roofer has more experience in penetrating national defenses and operating in a nonpermissive environment than a 18X that hasn't done a combat tour yet so in comparison until he deploys the SF guy is a LARPer right?
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

So if all you did was sit in a nuke silo but never actually launched a real missile you're just a LARPer?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well... yeah.

Yes.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Didn't really know much about him except for his winning the MOH. Because of this thread, I looked him up.
Honestly, he strikes me as the kind of person who's all "Muh service!" because his military service is the only worthwhile thing he's ever done.
Other than his time in the Marines, he seems like a bit of a boob.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was a grunt. My GT was 123. I chose to be a grunt, much to the chagrin of my recruiters and their quotas.

Dakota never stopped being a boot fuck during our 07-08 deployment and nothing changed when he left for the ETT.

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I had one day of combat in 1988, in the Navy - I am as "tactical" as a donut.
View Quote

@armoredman Tanker Wars?
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top