Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 11/27/2022 6:10:20 PM EDT
Medal Of Honor Recipient DAKOTA MEYER BASHES "Tactical" Wannabes PISSING OFF GARAND THUMB?! Yikes..

1:00

Notes
* seems to be addressed to Garand Thumb whom I like
* MOH guy says you cannot be tactical unless you have served
* If you have never served, you are dressing up like halloween person
* There is one guy who is fake in this video...I get

For me, I have enjoyed some channels by those who did serve. However, the ones I do follow are guys who "never served". Two good friends who did serve one marine and one army I have helped get started in the AR and pistol market. They admitted they did not know much about firearms.

I am sure this video has been done before. Is it correct to dump on non-servers showing off equipment or having quality channels? I will also add that my shortcomings and fixes in the world of tactical shooting came about by non-servers.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:11:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to last year, OP.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:11:33 PM EDT
[#2]
IDGAF
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:11:34 PM EDT
[#3]
That’s going to hurt some feelings around here. Some of these cats go to the range to plink dressed like a Special Olympics seal team.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:11:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for your service.

Asshole.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah we did this at nasuam a year or so ago.

I served and was less tactical than most country boys. So YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:12:01 PM EDT
[#6]
He knows what gets you clicks these days lol. Controversy.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:12:04 PM EDT
[#7]
In for wherever this goes.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:12:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I served at sea and never saw anything close to combat. I am not tactical enough to watch that video.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:12:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Old news.

Train with what you carry.
Larp with your boys.
Enjoy your life.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Training is a good idea regardless of service.  Some gear is needed.  I don't think that makes someone a wannabe unless it's a stolen valor type deal.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#11]
One courageous and brave act, or even multiple, does not make you an expert.  That's all I will say about DM
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:13:19 PM EDT
[#12]
And just because you served, doesn't mean you did anything tactical.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Like the militia during the Revolutionary War?

While the mil teaches you great combat skills, it’s very specific to teach/register for a bulk of your population as possible. It’s very nature is predictable and cumbersome, a big machine that constantly needs feeding.

Guerilla fighters are the Achilles heel of big military machines.

And always will be.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:14:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm gonna go buy something from Palmetto State Armory and Trex Arms now.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:16:37 PM EDT
[#15]
tactical
tak'ti-k?l
adjective
Relating to, using, or involving tactics, especially in military or naval operations, and often in contrast to strategy.
Characterized by adroitness, ingenuity, or skill.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:16:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Most military folks rarely shoot a firearm after basic training. It’s not hard to outshoot them if you are even a average firearms enthusiast.

It’s a free country if you want to kit up in camo, body armor and roll around in the mud while you shoot have at it. With that said the odds that you will ever need to shoot like that in real life scenario are extremely small.

You’re much better off training for a self defense situation that involves your home/vehicle and doing it in plain clothes as that’s the situation you will more than likely face.

I’ll close my rant with the fact that this nation was founded by minute men. A group of citizens with little or no formal military training, who chose to arm themselves with the latest of military musketry to defend themselves, their family, and their nation. I think the modern equivalent is owning an AR15 and body armor. Doing so does not mean you’re pretending to be in the army. It just means you are a prepared citizen, ready to defend your home against intruders, your community against civil unrest, and your nation against tyranny or foreign invaders. Our nation has a standing army but that doesn’t mean it’s our last or only line of defense.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:16:55 PM EDT
[#17]
The amount of extremely capable people that never served are multitudes greater than those that did. That’s why we have the draft. That dudes story is incredible but don’t think there are literally millions that couldn’t outperform him in that situation.

Vets, don’t discount civilians abilities.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Thank you for your service!
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

If you have the link. Please post. Thankyou
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I have come to realize that less than extraordinary people have done extraordinary things, during war time. But, otherwise are shit head human beings.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:18:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I actually served with Dakota.

He can kindly, sweetly, gently, go fuck himself.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:19:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Serving doesn't automatically qualify a man as anything special. I couldn't give a fuck less what he thinks about civilians being trained and prepared. Thanks for your service, now eat a dick.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-Dakota-Meyer-s-random-instagram-rant/5-2456342/?page=1
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:21:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
IDGAF
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#25]
He would do better shutting the fuck up.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:22:33 PM EDT
[#26]
These guys are all waaay to tactical for me.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Thanks for your service.

Asshole.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:23:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Ask the hero how often he sees his kid.??
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:23:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-Dakota-Meyer-s-random-instagram-rant/5-2456342/?page=1

Thank you. should be some good reading tonight.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:24:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Bristol Palins ex says what?
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Not taking anything away from him but he strikes me as the kind of person that takes advantage of every mil/vet discount available.

every so often he pops up and says "look at me bitches".
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#32]
I commend the man for his sacrifice.

Too bad he thinks like a statist.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#33]
A few things:

- His military was defeated by non-military folks that didn't serve.  Congrats on your organization's failure.

- He made all his sacrifices for the enrichment of the American elite.

- I've got a few siblings that were in.
 - One didn't know how his gun actually worked, like if it broke he wouldn't know where to start to fix it, and couldn't zero his own rifle.
 - One failed pistol qualification, I had to teach her when she was on leave.  Apparently, they literally refused to offer her instruction.  Don't ask her to zero a gun.
 - One manned M240's on a pretty active Navy cruise boat, while SF would fly ops off it.  He had to hope nothing happened, because he sure as hell didn't know how to put a new belt in the gun.  Don't ask him to zero a gun.

From what I gather, if you can zero your own weapon on demand and by yourself, you're more martially proficient than practically the entire US military.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Like the militia during the Revolutionary War?

While the mil teaches you great combat skills, it’s very specific to teach/register for a bulk of your population as possible. It’s very nature is predictable and cumbersome, a big machine that constantly needs feeding.

Guerilla fighters are the Achilles heel of big military machines.

And always will be.
View Quote

My platoon SSGT in VN was an Arkansas hillbilly ridge runner who grew up coon hunting.
I learned more about operating at night in the jungle from him...we all did...than we did from the US Army.
He brought more to the service than he took.
Went over a PFC and made SSGT in about 8 months...wasn't a "shake n bake" either.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:26:18 PM EDT
[#35]
He's lucky skinny jeans from trex doesn't kick his ass...
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Military elitism is bad.

You can never take away thanks for a man/woman's service, but you can damn well judge them on their current deeds.

A DD214 doesn't stop a person from being wrong.

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

@DeathMetalMedic
Go on tell us more?  What unit?
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:29:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Gotta hear this story..

@DeathMetalMedic

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#40]
He's entitled to his opinion, as fucked up as it might be. He's a MOH recipient. Done some  brave stuff. But if people that have never served want to spend their money, get trained up, it should be none of his business.

If I spend my money and get the gear I want, it should not matter to him.

<- 10 year Airborne Infantry. If I want a vest, NODs, thermal, whatever, it shouldn't be his concern.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Most military folks rarely shoot a firearm after basic training. It’s not hard to outshoot them if you are even a average firearms enthusiast.

It’s a free country if you want to kit up in camo, body armor and roll around in the mud while you shoot have at it. With that said the odds that you will ever need to shoot like that in real life scenario are extremely small.

You’re much better off training for a self defense situation that involves your home/vehicle and doing it in plain clothes as that’s the situation you will more than likely face.

I’ll close my rant with the fact that this nation was founded by minute men. A group of citizens with little or no formal military training, who chose to arm themselves with the latest of military musketry to defend themselves, their family, and their nation. I think the modern equivalent is owning an AR15 and body armor. Doing so does not mean you’re pretending to be in the army. It just means you are a prepared citizen, ready to defend your home against intruders, your community against civil unrest, and your nation against tyranny or foreign invaders. Our nation has a standing army but that doesn’t mean it’s our last or only line of defense.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#42]
I train with some guys that are damn amazing, then again we train with a recently retired team guy so there's that.

I appreciate his service, but I never liked what I heard from him.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:32:05 PM EDT
[#43]
So...a violent statist advocating for a state monopoly on violence?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:33:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
He's entitled to his opinion, as fucked up as it might be. He's a MOH recipient. Done some  brave stuff. But if people that have never served want to spend their money, get trained up, it should be none of his business.

If I spend my money and get the gear I want, it should not matter to him.

<- 10 year Airborne Infantry. If I want a vest, NODs, thermal, whatever, it shouldn't be his concern.
View Quote
This

I wish they sold plates, ARs and NVGs at Walmart.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:33:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Meh. I wore my gear at the range today, and didn't watch his video.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:33:20 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#47]
We're doing this again?

Can we just all admit:
-There are some Veterans with a chip on their shoulder who get upset when they feel others are "culturally appropriating" them
-There are certain types of blowhards who act like unironically try and act like they are SF (not just owning kit), and make that their whole ass personality
-There are some people who like to take the words of other people far more popular than them to drum up controversy and stir shit, either for their own monetary gain, or just to pit high profile people against each other

And can we admit that these are all the vast minority of people in the larger communities they represent?

Most Veterans aren't even combat veterans. Most veterans, in real life, that I'm sure all of us have interacted with don't give a shit if people own kit, or in some cases are out there teaching to Civilians.

Most Civilians who own kit aren't pretending to be SF high speed low drag guys. But they are those out there who are, especially in spaces like IG, where everyones basically larping as a spook these days to sell their Merch.

Most people involved in drama are consumers and are not the problem. They aren't the ones manufacturing it (as is the case with YouTube/Internet culture these days), where people spreading negative information gets more play, due to the baser human nature and the way the algorithms work.

Regardless of all of the above, everyone can get over civilians owning and training with cool kid shit. Deal with it. Stay mad. Stop gatekeeping.

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#48]
This T Rex arms video says otherwise. This dude who never touched a real gun in his life wouldnt be bad to have on your side.

Can Airsoft Translate to Real Firearm Skill?
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:35:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

My platoon SSGT in VN was an Arkansas hillbilly ridge runner who grew up coon hunting.
I learned more about operating at night in the jungle from him...we all did...than we did from the US Army.
He brought more to the service than he took.
Went over a PFC and made SSGT in about 8 months...wasn't a "shake n bake" either.
View Quote

my dad tells a similar story from VN (early 60s).
he grew up hunting and shooting but they had a Cajun from south LA taught the platoon how to "operate" in jungle/wet environments.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 6:35:33 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

Outstanding point. Went to the old thread. Somewhat brutal.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top