Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2024 9:12:13 AM EDT
You're my only hope.

My mom used to make cereal cake, having gotten the recipe off the bottom of a Chex cereal box (go figure) something like 40 years ago. Think of a sheet cake version of a granola bar, but softer and without the fruit or nuts. Mildly sweet, but not sugary. Eat it warm, slathered in butter.

By the time I got around to asking her for the recipe, she'd long since lost the written version and had been making it by memory for years. Alas, she never did write it down prior to passing, but the memory still makes my mouth water. The holidays have me remembering that cake, but I can't find the recipe anywhere, and no amount of searching seems to turn it up.

All I remember is that it took several different boxes of Chex cereal for the recipe. I think because the original recipe called for the multibran flavor that was discontinued.

Does anybody remember this cake?

Link Posted: 1/1/2024 9:54:48 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.chex.com/recipes

https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/chex-muddy-buddies-bars/8f62fc12-63f4-4df3-a30b-5504baeb3058

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 1:29:24 AM EDT
[#2]
No luck finding it here.

Found this Chex chewy granola bar recipe which has oats, apple sauce, peanut butter and honey.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 2:05:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm thinking at this point she may not have strictly followed the recipe. That, or it's just so old that it was never uploaded.

She claimed that she still had the chunk of box it was written on, but I've thus far been able to find it. Once, long ago, I set out to copy her entire recipe box into a single, easy to read document. Unfortunately, the machine I was using was an Amstrad 8512. The resurrection of that thing promises to be a whole 'nother ordeal.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 8:39:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack19] [#4]
bottom-of-the-box-cereal-cake

@TheOTHERmaninblack
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top