Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2020 12:36:03 PM EDT
Looking at the Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD Gen 2.  I have no idea what I am doing.  Want to shoot most stationary birds but also the ability to shoot birds in flight.  Will be used at home and in the field.  Will also be used for general purpose zoom shots.  Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 1:17:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Reviews on the Tamron have been positive from the YouTube videos I have watched. A large lens with length changing with chosen focal length seems to be the only negative mentioned. Glass quality is said to be very acceptable, especially given reasonable cost.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 1:22:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Canon 400 f2.8 L

What body is it going on?
What's your budget?

Sorry missed the "zoom" part.

Canon 200-400 f4 L IS.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#3]
go with the 100-400 L MKII lens. I love it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 9:11:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Sigma 60-600mm
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 9:25:43 PM EDT
[#5]
You could do worse than the Tamzooka.  You're going to want to stop it down to f/9 (That's the sweet spot I've found) so ISO will be your friend in anything but great lighting.

Here's some shots in the Gen 1 Nikon version.

DSC_5157-Osprey Perched by FredMan, on Flickr

DSC_5664-Eagle Soar by FredMan, on Flickr

Merganser Hen by FredMan, on Flickr

Gobbler Stroll by FredMan, on Flickr

Heron On Piling by FredMan, on Flickr

Female Hover by FredMan, on Flickr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top