User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/2/2021 10:53:48 PM EDT

I know it will go back up, but .......
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:54:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I put half into cash last week. I wish I had put it all in cash.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:55:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought moar stocks today!

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Long term bro.  Long term.  

It will bounce back and then some.  

Today was an excellent day in the markets.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:58:23 PM EDT
[#5]
This would be a bad time to retire.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:01:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Markets went up today. What are you talking about?
View Quote

I lost 5 or 6 times more in the two days prior than I made back today
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:02:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:04:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Buy the dip!
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:05:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I know what you mean. I'm seeing numbers that I haven't seen in a long time.

Yeah, it'll go back up, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:05:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm down 6% over the last 10 days
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:05:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I don’t know where you guys put your money, but I’m at 94% of my all time high…. My all time high was within the last 4-6 weeks

Now if I look at just the dollar amount it is almost what I make per year. All in all I’m good though
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:10:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I finally went fully back in 3 weeks ago.  The economy was pretty much flat lined with no down turn from the extra unemployment benefits ending.  Unemployment has been dropping.  I figured worst case things just stay stagnant but was hoping the holiday shopping would provide a boost.  I figured wrong.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:10:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:11:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:14:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don’t know where you guys put your money, but I’m at 94% of my all time high…. My all time high was within the last 4-6 weeks

Now if I look at just the dollar amount it is almost what I make per year. All in all I’m good though
View Quote

Concur.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:15:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I finally went fully back in 3 weeks ago.  The economy was pretty much flat lined with no down turn from the extra unemployment benefits ending.  Unemployment has been dropping.  I figured worst case things just stay stagnant but was hoping the holiday shopping would provide a boost.  I figured wrong.
View Quote

You got Omicroned!
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:16:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

SPY is market cap weighted and the biggest stocks are huge relative to others.
View Quote

Right. I believe the point is the FAANG stocks are up/flat and skewing the larger picture.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:18:17 PM EDT
[#18]
We’re back to late October prices. Wtf fuck are you talking about?  Barely 4% off the all time highs.  

What the ever living fuck are you talking about.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:19:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm down 6% over the last 10 days
View Quote

Same.  At this point, no big deal.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:20:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I know it will go back up, but .......
View Quote

Sounds like a good time to buy more.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:21:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
We’re back to late October prices. Wtf fuck are you talking about?  Barely 4% seconds ff the all time highs.  

View Quote

This is the first time in history the stock market went down. Jeez, dude.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:25:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don't know where you guys put your money, but I'm at 94% of my all time high. My all time high was within the last 4-6 weeks

Now if I look at just the dollar amount it is almost what I make per year. All in all I'm good though
View Quote

You got me curious, so I just had a look at mine.
I'm still at 96.7% of my all-time high (Nov 8, 2021).
I don't even manage my account, I pay Fidelity to do it...
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:26:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
The market went through a hizzy fit in Q4 2018 during the "Greatest Economy Ever" because the "Greatest Economy Ever" couldn't handle 2.5% interest rates...

Now Powell is hinting of raising rates in an economy where overall debt at all levels as well as margin debt in the market are is now orders of magnitude worse than it was in 2018.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:28:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We’re back to late October prices. Wtf fuck are you talking about?  Barely 4% seconds ff the all time highs.  

That’s my point. Freaking out over being 4% down from record highs just one month ago?

I don’t even have online access to my 401k. I turned it off. I don’t need to look at it because my bahaviour won’t change. Just mail me my quarterly statements so I can review.

There is zero need for me to check my 401k balance. I just need to check that contributions made/buys are as I directed, which comes via the quarterly statements.

Just as there is zero need for people to check their 401k balance.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:29:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:30:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Oh boy. So in.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:31:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That's why I retired last year
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now is a great time to retire. Record longest running bull and super duper highs every month.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:32:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That’s my point. Freaking out over being 4% down from record highs just one month ago?

I don’t even have online access to my 401k. I turned it off. I don’t need to look at it because my bahaviour won’t change. Just mail me my quarterly statements so I can review.

There is zero need for me to check my 401k balance. I just need to check that contributions made/buys are as I directed, which comes via the quarterly statements.
View Quote

I musta missed those posts.

There's a HUGE gap between someone saying they don't like something (a GD staple) and "freaking out."

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:33:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

There's a HUGE gap between someone saying they don't like something (a GD staple) and "freaking out."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A puke emoji over what is quite normal volatility?
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:37:08 PM EDT
[#30]
This is exactly the shit I saw in 2008....
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:42:27 PM EDT
[#31]
OP, You are gonna absolutely freak out when we have a real downturn.  

Stay in the basement, far away from any tall buildings.    
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:43:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:45:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Stocks are on sale buy more! No way they are going to be cheaper not with the money printer going brrrr
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:47:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

A puke emoji over what is quite normal volatility?
View Quote

OMG! Not the dreaded "puke emoji!!!!''

Things ARE serious!

Get back to me when he says he cashed it all in and is heading out to stock up on Mason jars.

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:48:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You got Omicroned!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You got Omicroned!

Sure did and the virus wasn't even the problem, the media was.  People didn't even know Omicron existed until after they ran tests on people with no symptoms.  Then the world freaked out because "it has 30 protein mutations" even though they have no idea what those might do.  The media is already in spreading full fear mode, in 3 to 6 months it will be worse than any other peak.  Remember 6-8 months ago when Democrat doctors were telling people "everyone must get vaccinated in the next 4 weeks or we will have a massive outbreak" and that never happened.

Hopefully the fear mongering dies down.  One ETF that I'm holding is DFEN and it keeps dropping which makes no sense.  Israel is ready to hit Iran.  China is messing with everyone.  Russia is starting fights.  The UK is driving their F35s into the ocean.  War in space is starting to heat up.  Everything is primed for something to kick off.  

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:48:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Personally I pulled about 25% off the table this week. Probably dumb, probably a mistake but whatever.

My concern is the Fed saying they’re done printing for now. At the exact same time that the new variant is out. I know the new variant will be mild, but if it bypasses the vaccine, then everyone is going to be missing 2-3 days of work as everyone gets it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:50:49 PM EDT
[#37]
I keep buying more when it goes down.  The powers that be won't let it all fall apart - it's "too big to fail" (which is code for them having too much of their own money in there to let it collapse).  ...at least that's how I justify pouring money into the market.  :D
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:53:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Some of you guys day trading with your 401ks are morons...with all due respect.

Holy shit leave it alone.  If you actually had an edge, your 401k wouldn't be your primary vehicle for exploiting that edge in the first place.

Don't confuse getting lucky with being smart.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:56:52 PM EDT
[#39]
I only look on Friday after the market closes.

Been impressive since the initial coronavirus drop though. Up up up.

Little rocking the boat doesn’t bother me.

Only thing that bothers me is I stumbled across my dream car that I was planning to buy in 4 years, cheap, a few weeks ago. I keep checking the add, watching my fund go up ……
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:58:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Until it doesn't.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:59:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:59:45 PM EDT
[#42]
I would have been better off buying the 200 shares of SWPPX on Wednesday instead of Tuesday. Other than that, all good.

Being retired, staying conservative wins the race. Will pull money out for the first time around the 15th. Actually looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:02:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Some of you guys day trading with your 401ks are morons...with all due respect.

Holy shit leave it alone.  If you actually had an edge, your 401k wouldn't be your primary vehicle for exploiting that edge in the first place.

Don't confuse getting lucky with being smart.
View Quote
Morons is putting it lightly.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:04:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Now is a great time to retire. Record longest running bull and super duper highs every month.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s not true.

If we’re taking U.S. stocks as measure by the S&P500 index, then the current bull market began from the low reached on March 23, 2020 after a 34% decline, and was confirmed by a breakout above the previous all time high on August 18, 2020. By either start date, this is not even close to the longest bull market.

I mean, I guess if we just pretend like that 34% decline never happened…
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:05:29 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm buying the dips. Especially with small caps that have been absolutely decimated.

I'll either be a very rich man one day or no worse off than I am already.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:07:38 AM EDT
[#46]
It can go down?!?!?!
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:13:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:16:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That’s not true.

If we’re taking U.S. stocks as measure by the S&P500 index, then the current bull market began from the low reached on March 23, 2020 after a 34% decline, and was confirmed by a breakout above the previous all time high on August 18, 2020. By either start date, this is not even close to the longest bull market.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s not true.

I know. Yes we hard crashed into bear in March. Up till then it was longest running bull. That was also the shortest bear and recovery ever.

March 2020 was a once in a liftetime opportunity. It was fucking life changing awesome.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:16:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
We’re back to late October prices. Wtf fuck are you talking about?  Barely 4% off the all time highs.  

View Quote

Shit that means we will have to settle for lobster and prime rib.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:19:58 AM EDT
[#50]
AT&T has taken a shit since May of this year from 32 down to 23.  As a result of that, a nice dividend (probably from the current 8% down to 4% - still OK) and the upcoming Discovery merger, I bought a couple of hundred shares today.  Blood in the streets and all that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top