Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:53:14 PM EDT
[#1]
R.L. Bachman of Old West Reproductions.  About 4 months since it was a custom Texas Jockstrap for a USPT. 45

Worth the wait
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:10:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe a week?  I don’t order from companies whose ship time is worse than a NFA item
View Quote

If you depart Amazon prime, you can really open up a world of quality.

The price you pay is $ plus delayed gratification. Doesn't feel worth it now, but will be once the products are received.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:13:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I waited maybe 6 weeks for a holster by JM Custom Kydex.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:35:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m at 17 months for a holster and belt and counting. Not getting it wouldn’t bother me so much, but I put half down on the $555.00 order. My order was lost, the maker contacted me, I replied back in October and agent heard a word since.

2020 was a shit year for me and gun stuff. I’m out over a grand and have received nothing because people can’t get their shit together. I got fucked on mount conversions for a couple of suppressors after I bought mounts, adapters and gave my mounts away. If I can find replacements, they at least be another $300 on top of the $400 I spent on the new stuff. I probably just have one can I’ll never be able to use again.

Throw in this holster and belt and the $250+ I’ve apparently lost on it and now I have to order another one and wait fuck knows how long.

I’m done with dealing with the gun business for a while. Even the highest regarded guys have fucked me and wasted my time and money within months of each other.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#5]
3 weeks for both of these made to order. Ordered beginning of November for one and the other the middle of December. Funnily enough, I had no wait time on my 1911 horsehide Milt Sparks VM2 because it was in stock.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:08:21 AM EDT
[#6]
#1 Got a shipping notice for one, was supposed to arrive Friday according to usps... Usps currently says it should arrive yesterday but is still not marked as "out for delivery".

#2 Got the run around telling me my holster would be here "by the weekend", but he has since ghosted. No shipping notice despite requesting it, so he probably hasn't shipped.

#3 Has been and remained ghosted shortly after my initial order just to clarify a selection I had specified. I have called him, emailed him, private messaged him (on a local board, not here), with no response.

I just want one of my holsters at this point, lol. It's not so much the time, but the lack of communication and can kicking. #1 is a usps problem, which I should have requested another delivery service... But hindsight is 20/20.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:49:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:49:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Think it was almost 6 months?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
7 weeks for production, and now 5 weeks in transit (Fuck be upon USPS).

Black Rhino said it would take 6-8 weeks to make, I was ok with that.  Custom Kydex for my threaded G34 with a particular laser/light combo.
View Quote

How did it turn out @forest?

I’ve got one on order at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Last and only time I ordered a holster to be made by GCODE it took 8 months.
View Quote

The first time I ordered one it took no time at all.
I ordered one 5 weeks ago today. I got my two week and four week emails, which are basically "We will email you in another two weeks if your holster has not been shipped by that time."
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Got two in and the third guy finally answered his phone! Number 3 is being shipped out tomorrow, which realistically means next Friday at the earliest, lol. Will try to remember to post some pics up then.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:08:15 PM EDT
[#13]
almost 3 weeks on a kydex from Red River Tactical.. there current lead time on there web site is 5-7 weeks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:41:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Maybe I'm just cranky, but I won't do business with companies with bad communication, especially when they have already exceeded the reported lead time.  There are far too many holster makers out there to put up with bad customer service.

I started making my own holsters because I was unable to get a holster to meet the specifications I wanted.  I made the shoulder holster system that met all my specifications, and a friend said he "just had to have it", and he was a good enough friend that I sold it and made another one.  The same thing happened two more times, so I quit showing it to people and kept the fourth iteration of the holster I wanted.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:00:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The first time I ordered one it took no time at all.
I ordered one 5 weeks ago today. I got my two week and four week emails, which are basically "We will email you in another two weeks if your holster has not been shipped by that time."
View Quote

Just got my email that my order shipped, meaning that it actually just had a label printed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:03:03 PM EDT
[#16]
No, Kydex usually ships pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm waiting on a custom wrapped Safariland 6390 holster from RDR right now.  Estimated wait time was 8 to 12 weeks for delivery.  I made my order about three weeks coming up on four weeks ago now. So, almost half way there anyways.

At $1 a round it's ammunition that concerns me the most.  Please ammunition companies add capacity, I know it takes years and millions to do, but I we're at a new norm here now. That estimated 8 million new gun owners in 2020, I think is a very conservative estimate.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Months
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I ordered a Safariland 7TS 7379 ALS for my G48 sometime around the end of October.  It is scheduled to be delivered today.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:17:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#21]
I waited 24 weeks for a GunCraft once. That one hurt.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:26:01 PM EDT
[#23]
My memory is suspect these days but I think I waited 5 months for an Allesi holster back in the 1980’s.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:26:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Waited 12 weeks for a RCS once
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:34:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Only as long as it took me to sew it up and dye it. I'm also getting decent at tooling leather as well.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:48:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Waited 5mos for a Milt Sparks for a P229; what horrible thick overengineered monster that was; nice to take out of the packet and sniff but as a mechanism to hold a gun on your belt it's 40 years out of date. Hated it, hated how bulky it was, that it got damp, etc etc.

Then moved to AJConcealco which were great, made my own version of that for a couple of guns when they went out of business. Then moved to Badger Concealment kydex off ebay; $35, wait is less than a week, super thin and comfy, can rinse and let dry no problem.

I don't think even my fudd buds buy the big name leather holsters anymore.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:50:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm waiting on a custom wrapped Safariland 6390 holster from RDR right now.  Estimated wait time was 8 to 12 weeks for delivery.  I made my order about three weeks coming up on four weeks ago now. So, almost half way there anyways.

At $1 a round it's ammunition that concerns me the most.  Please ammunition companies add capacity, I know it takes years and millions to do, but I we're at a new norm here now. That estimated 8 million new gun owners in 2020, I think is a very conservative estimate.  

View Quote

I share your desire for cheaper ammo. However, why would they do that? Right now there is so much demand, they can get pretty much anything they want without adding more machines, and significantly increasing employees to man them. The market ebbs and flows, and they are used to that. Also, they are probably considering the political atmosphere. Bidarris has admitted that they are coming for guns. That includes ammo as well. If I was them, I'd max out my production capabilities for the time being.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top