Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2022 4:33:03 PM EDT
The aim is to boost output to 4,000 per year from 2,100 per year currently, Taiclet said in an interview with CBS News. The increase will take as long as a couple of years, he said.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/lockheed-martin-ceo-says-firm-is-looking-nearly-double-javelin-missile-2022-05-08/

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Cha ching!

Political donations just increased!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:51:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Let's not forget that before Putin's adventure in Ukraine that Raytheon was doing its best to divest the program and leave LM holding the bag.  Will be interesting to see if Raytheon can ramp up guidance section deliveries to meet the demand.  The Stinger line is totally fucked so I don't imagine Javelin is doing any better.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:54:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#4]
My stock guy sent me a notice that I’m (he) is buying Raytheon and LM way back in March. LM is doing good, R is meh. I suspect they will have a time getting chips. I wanted L3, but they don’t seem to be doing much stockwise..
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:06:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My stock guy sent me a notice that I'm (he) is buying Raytheon and LM way back in March. LM is doing good, R is meh. I suspect they will have a time getting chips. I wanted L3, but they don't seem to be doing much stockwise..
View Quote
Raytheon makes the missiles and kill vehicles for almost everything now. No matter who wins most of the prime contracts, so does Raytheon. It's a nice place to be.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raytheon_Missiles_%26_Defense
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:12:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Cha ching!

View Quote

"U.S. President Joe Biden last week visited a Lockheed facility in Alabama that manufactures the weapons...."

Pure coincidence, I can assure you.

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Raytheon makes the missiles and kill vehicles for almost everything now. No matter who wins most of the prime contracts, so does Raytheon. It's a nice place to be.
View Quote

Raytheon Missile and Defense lost 30% of its engineers in the first 3 months of the year and is forecasting a loss of 4000 more by the end of the year.  These are mid to late career types that aren't easily replaced.  The focus is 110% on their ESG score now.  It is so bad in Tucson that Ma Raytheon in Massachusetts is offering incentive programs for the east coasters to move out here to fill in the gaps.  This isn't financial advice, just passing along what I know.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:14:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Raytheon Missile and Defense lost 30% of its engineers in the first 3 months of the year and is forecasting a loss of 4000 more by the end of the year.  These are mid to late career types that aren't easily replaced.  The focus is 110% on their ESG score now.  It is so bad in Tucson that Ma Raytheon in Massachusetts is offering incentive programs for the east coasters to move out here to fill in the gaps.  This isn't financial advice, just passing along what I know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So it sounds like they have gone basically full woke now, and are herding the white males out the door?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So it sounds like they have gone basically full woke now, and are herding the white males out the door?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As if there weren't already too many Democrats in AZ.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd rather this than funding welfare queens.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:20:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty much.  This started not long after the buyout by UTC.  I know around the time I left they weren't even making counter offers or if they did, they were laughable.  Who knows how big that number is in total.  It has just reached the point now that they are tracking it and flowing it out to managers.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:35:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Russia just sent out mobilization notices. They’re going to throw anything that can turn a tread at Ukraine and if GD’s favorite dictator goes fully off his rocker there is a solid enough chance this war expands and it will be necessary to have both a European War and Code Pink forum.

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I would expect to see much, MUCH more ordnance production in the near future.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Imagine being a Russian tanker right now. Every one of them has a javelin with his name on it, just waiting to come within range.
View Quote

If you believe the Austrian army intel then there’s a better chance of said Russian tanker having one of those dropped javelins riding in his tank with him ready to fire at the Ukrainians.

Basically it’s alleged that what gear the Ukrainians get is being used or captured almost immediately and the West isn’t being told the truth about what’s happening in Ukraine.

Time will tell.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:43:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Just more to give away.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:43:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Taiwan and South Korea have doubled their orders of Javelins.

Perhaps we should steal some Russian Kornets and Iglas and give them to the Ukes.

Also should Ukraine go on an en masses offensive the Russians will rain down Kornets and Iglas on them.  And the Russians also have Baktyir drones from Turkey and a license to manufacture them, and their own Switchblade drones.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I would expect to see much, MUCH more ordnance production used in the near future.
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:50:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I wouldn't mind having a few. Do they do layaway?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Money Printer Go Brrr (the original!)
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:50:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know 3 engineers that have left to go to Raytheon in the past couple months.  They must be paying to fill the ranks again.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ironic
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:05:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I know 3 engineers that have left to go to Raytheon in the past couple months.  They must be paying to fill the ranks again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are. They’re desperate.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:13:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If you believe the Austrian army intel then there’s a better chance of said Russian tanker having one of those dropped javelins riding in his tank with him ready to fire at the Ukrainians.

Basically it’s alleged that what gear the Ukrainians get is being used or captured almost immediately and the West isn’t being told the truth about what’s happening in Ukraine.

Time will tell.
View Quote

Do you have a link to that intel?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:15:45 PM EDT
[#24]
So is there any possibility that the Ukraine's are selling the incoming weapons to Israel , Iran or whom ever the highest bidder is ? Something is more than obvious happening outside of said weapons being used by the Ukraine military and their partners.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:17:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Cha ching!

View Quote

That vacancy on the board isn’t gonna fill itself!
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:19:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So is there any possibility that the Ukraine's are selling the incoming weapons to Israel , Iran or whom ever the highest bidder is ? Something is more than obvious happening outside of said weapons being used by the Ukraine military and their partners.
View Quote

Lol, they’re givin’ them to “Nazis”…

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:20:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

You'll get both. The big guy pays back his patrons
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:23:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based on the the town hall questions that got posted publicly awhile back, seems things are miserable at RMD.  There was a thread here awhile back with the link.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:26:14 PM EDT
[#29]
US Army
06 May 2022
Raytheon/Lockheed Martin Javelin JV, Tucson, Arizona, was awarded a $237,892,096 modification (P00064) to contract W31P4Q-19-C-0076 for the Javelin Missile System.
Work will be performed in Tucson, Arizona, with an estimated completion date of Nov. 30, 2025.
Fiscal 2022 missile procurement, Army funds in the amount of $237,892,096 were obligated at the time of the award.
U.S. Army Contracting Command, Redstone Arsenal, Alabama, is the contracting activity.

US Army
28 Feb 2022
Raytheon/Lockheed Martin Javelin JV, Tucson, Arizona, was awarded a $19,541,045 modification (P00055) to contract W31P4Q-19-C-0059 for life cycle contractor support services for the Javelin Weapon System.
Work will be performed in Tucson, Arizona, with an estimated completion date of Feb. 28, 2023.
Fiscal 2022 operation and maintenance, Army; overseas contingency operations; United States Marine Corps; Army National Guard; and Foreign Military Sales (Australia, Estonia, Georgia, Indonesia, Ireland, Jordan, Latvia, Lithuania, New Zealand, Oman, Poland, Taiwan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates) funds in the amount of $19,541,045 were obligated at the time of the award.
U.S. Army Contracting Command, Redstone Arsenal, Alabama, is the contracting activity.

US Army
15 July 2021
Raytheon/Lockheed Martin Javelin JV, Tucson, Arizona, was awarded an $8,617,243 modification (P00099) to contract W31P4Q-19-C-0038 to support Javelin engineering services.
Work will be performed in Tucson, Arizona, with an estimated completion date of Feb. 15, 2023.
Fiscal 2021 procurement of ammunition, Army; and Foreign Military Sales (United Kingdom) funds in the amount of $8,617,243 were obligated at the time of the award.

US Army
27 April 2021
Raytheon/Lockheed Martin Javelin JV, Tucson, Arizona, was awarded a $175,936,936 modification (P00037) to contract W31P4Q-19-C-0076 for the Javelin Weapon System.
Work will be performed in Tucson, Arizona, with an estimated completion date of Nov. 30, 2023.
Fiscal 2010 Foreign Military Sales (Lithuania and Taiwan) funds; and 2021 missile procurement, Army funds in the amount of $175,936,936 were obligated at the time of the award.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Russia just sent out mobilization notices. They’re going to throw anything that can turn a tread at Ukraine and if GD’s favorite dictator goes fully off his rocker there is a solid enough chance this war expands and it will be necessary to have both a European War and Code Pink forum.

View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:38:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Perhaps there’s a next generation Javelin we could find instead? Computer tech has come a ways the past few years.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:52:26 PM EDT
[#32]
iIRC Russia still has 10-11k tanks left.

They better get to work.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:53:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Wheeeeew boy, them kick backs gonna be good this year!

Thanks to the sucker taxpayer
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:25:10 PM EDT
[#34]
10% for the bigguy!
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:29:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:48:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

If Iran and or China and or North Korea kick in within the next couple years
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#37]
It's OK....The Ukrainians are gonna pay for all those new Javelins...right? Right?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:09:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

"U.S. President Joe Biden last week visited a Lockheed facility in Alabama that manufactures the weapons...."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cha ching!

Iron triangle wins again!
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:11:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It's OK....The Ukrainians are gonna pay for all those new Javelins...right? Right?
View Quote

If by ukranians you mean middle class working americans (the poor haven't got it to take, the wealthy make theirs hard to take and don't have enough collective wealth to pay it anyhow).
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:11:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those notices were proven to be false.  Don't spread propaganda please.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:15:58 PM EDT
[#41]
haha, missile factory go brrrrrt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top