Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2018 9:58:04 PM EDT
Shit gets old and not everyone lives on this site nite and day. Most of the threads I personally encounter are ones Ive never seen before, but majority of replies are the dupe police.

I thought this was the jobs of MODS ?
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 10:21:12 PM EDT
[#1]
The dupe police have no real power.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 7:06:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Not as many opportunities for dupe police if you are posting things other than news articles.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 8:21:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Obviously not, but gets old clicking on a "new to me" link or thread and its full of the usual bullshit of IBTL, DUPE, etc etc...

Get rid of post count and I bet that bullshit would stop...
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 8:25:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 12:08:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I completely understand minimize the dupe threads, but leave to the mods, not the fucking dupe police. Like i said, majority of threads I enter they are new to me and im sure plenty of other ppl feel the same.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 1:06:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 1:14:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This, however duplicate threads often do get locked once they're brought to the attention of mods or staff.

The main reason behind it is to consolidate information. Many threads on a single subject dilute the information and make it harder to follow.

Keeping dupe threads in check helps everyone.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This, however duplicate threads often do get locked once they're brought to the attention of mods or staff.

The main reason behind it is to consolidate information. Many threads on a single subject dilute the information and make it harder to follow.

Keeping dupe threads in check helps everyone.

This, plus topic sliding (minimizing other discussions by filling the main page with multiple threads in the same subject)
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#8]
FPNI
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 1:22:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Bandwidth.....
View Quote
Why did you bump this thread after over a month  
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Lol not gd, sorry

Link Posted: 9/6/2018 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bandwidth.....
View Quote
Yet over 160 pages and rising of liberal nevertrump site trolling and spam in a single thread.

One guy even posted 21 responses in a row.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top