BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 10:59:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By loon_138:
Im confused as to why the last couple posts are in a P80 legal thread?
View Quote

Mistake in the force. I'll delete.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 11:00:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Everrest:

Mistake in the force. I'll delete.
View Quote

Hahah, that's fine, it was just an old thread on my subscriptions I was following for local ramifications, got excited to see an update! Ha
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:32:18 PM EDT
[#3]
@Bazmancrash

Any updates?
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:
@Bazmancrash

Any updates?
View Quote

Got my shit back, case dismissed in the interest of justice. I'm currently moving to ND. @grendelsbane
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 2:28:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 2:47:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Bazmancrash:

Got my shit back, case dismissed in the interest of justice. I'm currently moving to ND. @grendelsbane
View Quote

Proper outcome to an improper amount of BS they put you through. There should be some sort of reasonable recourse for this kinda crap, but of course with the court system that's a pie on the sky dream.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 3:31:46 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

At least you got your stuff back.  Good luck with your move!
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 3:41:18 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

Damn, that great to read!
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

That was the obvious outcome, when the plain text of the statute obviously didn't match what you actually did.

I expected them to resist that to the end of days.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 5:38:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By hoodfu:
They grilled me, a literal model citizen with a security clearance and enough stamps to cover my floor. They will ruin anyone's life without hesitation.
View Quote

Hall monitors. That's what they do.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 10:15:39 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Sucks that you spent $13K or more in lawyer's fees...

Did your "new" employer hold the job for you?
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 12:57:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry for your ordeal, OP. Glad it all worked out in the end, although some consequences for the idiots that did this to you would be nice.

Guess I need to get one of these: https://www.harborfreight.com/cordless-micro-engraver-with-diamond-tipped-ballpoint-59340.html
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 6:25:31 AM EDT
[#13]
UPDATE 7/15/2022

Almost got it back today. Station officer said yeah you can have it back but the detective has some questions for you first. So I directed them to my legal council. Was then told I'm not getting it back it's illegal my lawyer can contact the county attorney. So well if it's illegal why am I still roaming around? This shit is starting to irritate me.
View Quote

Well well well looks like some of the posters are right. They wanna question you to get you on something else. When you told them to talk to your lawyer now they know you are not dumb and want to retaliate for that. Just my personal theory, cops are so used to people agreeing with them do to their powers they don't take it well when anyone does not or challenges them.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 8:09:52 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

This thread was buried in my subscribed threads, so I'm just seeing this now.

CONGRATULATIONS, OP!!!

Yep. GTFO there and don't look back. You know they'll be looking to nail you on something - anything - else.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 8:37:51 AM EDT
[#15]

I'm working with BK-Law Group. At the moment. Council is working on obtaining the body cam footage and the information.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:

I would call this Jack Rice guy. If its not illegal under MN law to possess what you possessed, then he should be able to get rid of the charge.

There have been prior false arrest cases where idiot cops use a part number as a serial number, and for some reason don't understand why this gun has appeared in so many places around the country.

I don't suppose you have any video footage of the encounter?

I'm working with BK-Law Group. At the moment. Council is working on obtaining the body cam footage and the information.

I'm glad you got it resolved.

Did you ever get the body cam footage?
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:

I'm glad you got it resolved.

Did you ever get the body cam footage?
View Quote

That would be fascinating viewing.

Link Posted: 9/14/2023 4:34:11 PM EDT
[#17]
I guess “Ignorance of the Law” is an excuse when cops F you over….but not the other way.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 10:38:27 AM EDT
[#18]
@Bazmancrash, haven't heard anything in a while.

Updates for us, or did counsel tell you to STFU until it's finished?
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top