Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/21/2021 2:21:12 PM EDT
Every once in a while -twice a month or so- I like to give the wife a little gift. Something to say I love you and appreciate you, more than just words and kisses. This has usually been a bottle of wine, flowers, leaving little notes around the house, etc.

Just looking for some other ideas, from fellow members that do the same, to keep it fresh.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I REALLY need to start doing that.  IN for ideas because I am terrible at this kind of stuff.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Pro tip: Women love string of pearl necklaces.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife’s boyfriend Jamal does that for her. He seems nice.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pro tip: Women love strings of pearls.
View Quote

She's already received enough pea...nvrmnd
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:27:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I REALLY need to start doing that.  IN for ideas because I am terrible at this kind of stuff.

View Quote

It took me a couple years to realize I didn't truly know how to make a woman "happy".
It really is the little things.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:28:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Just pick up your socks. What else can be expected?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Da wahmen are supposed to keep their man happy.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

ZZ Top thread ?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:29:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Just stay married. The urge to please her will pass.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:31:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Leave little love notes in her car or purse. They like when you are giving a little effort to make them happy.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:31:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a reminder in my phone to get my wife flowers, set to alert me every 40 days (which works out to a nice random interval between each time when you look at the monthly calendar; if it was every 30 days, or every 2 weeks she'd catch on). I don't always wind up doing it, but it's been a big help. Which reminds me, I'm overdue by a couple days, I'd better stop on the way home.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:31:49 PM EDT
[#12]
If I buy my wife flowers unexpectedly she asks me what gun I just bought, or thinks it's out of guilt of having an affair.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:33:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Step 1: cut a hole in the box
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:34:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If I buy my wife flowers unexpectedly she asks me what gun I just bought, or thinks it's out of guilt of having an affair.
View Quote

Yup, first words out of her mouth "what did you do?"
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:35:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Leave a random road sock under her pillow every once in awhile. The crunchier the better.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#16]
What are some of her favorite things? Snacks, coffee, tea. Surprise her at work with a visit and coffee? What is her "love language"? Would she rather spend time with you or receive a gift?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I’ll go to Etsy and order her a blanket, or bracelet, or some other thing she is totally not expecting.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#18]
The things that I enjoy receiving aren’t often the same as those other women fawn over. I like things that are useful or helpful around the homestead, but not a lot of folks homestead anymore.

Figure out the little things your wife enjoys and capitalize on those. Maybe it’s cutesy earrings that can be had for $5/pair. Maybe it’s nail polish. Maybe it’s a specific kind of candy. Maybe it’s fluffy socks. Maybe it’s something I can’t even imagine, but is something that makes her smile. One of the things I keep in my nightstand and look over frequently is a list my husband wrote out of things he loves about me. It cost him nothing, and it fills me with love and joy every time I read it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:40:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Make her a hand made coupon book where you do stuff for her...like give a backrub when asked, a foot massage, etc.  Plus it may even lead to more fun.

Other stuff, a little gift basket of things... inspirational quotes, hand lotion, sample coffee packets, scented candles, etc.

Put together a mini scrap book of your favorite photos and shared events together.  

Create a blessing jar for the year that you both can put little notes in as the year goes buy indicating why you were blessed that day or whatever.  Then open it up together on new years day, or at the end of every month if you want too.

Stuff that is personal and shows you put some effort into it and is usually a good idea that yields rewards for both parties in the relationship.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:40:17 PM EDT
[#20]
go down on her
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Just about every decent grocery store with a floral department will have a few potted orchids. They look intimidating, but they are stupid easy to take care of. Put it in your bathroom on the sink next to where you brush your teeth, put a dixie cup of water in the pot once a week, and it will bloom 4 to 6 weeks at a minimum. When the bloom dies, throw it away. Unless you have a greenhouse, it's not worth saving. $15 to $20 investment.

Right now, the grocery store will also have forced tulips, hyacinths, daffodils, in pots. They need a little more care, again 3 weeks or so, $15 - $20.

I also buy my wife little pendants for work. $15 - $20 on Amazon or ebay, whatever floats your boat. My wife works in police and fire dispatch, only interacts with the public by telephone, so she has pendants with stuff like skull and cross bones, grim reaper, a little butcher knife, just odd stuff that you wouldn't ordinarily see on a woman in an office.

I also got her a Tiffany blue automatic knife with a glass breaker on it. That was a little more expensive, but she clips it on her purse. It's always a good conversation starter in her office.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:41:48 PM EDT
[#22]
@Naamah
I've done, pretty much, all of those things. And, your correct, she loves the notes the most as she leaves them right where I left them. Some are in the cupboards, on the bathroom mirror, taped to the top of her travel mug.

Not necessarily looking for how or what to do, but some fresh gift ideas.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:43:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Candles, fuzzy socks, blankets, chocolate, flowers, notes, dinner, go for a walk.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:43:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Being that today is Thursday it is also Flower Thursday.

Every Thursday for the past 15 years I have gotten my wife flowers from the flower stand in Krogers.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:45:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Step 1: cut a hole in the box
View Quote

A classic
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:45:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Every once in a while -twice a month or so- I like to give the wife a little gift. Something to say I love you and appreciate you, more than just words and kisses. This has usually been a bottle of wine, flowers, leaving little notes around the house, etc.

Just looking for some other ideas, from fellow members that do the same, to keep it fresh.

View Quote

I give my wife 5 rounds of 38 Special wrapped up in pink cling wrap at least once a month.....I am a trophy husband......
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:46:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Every night when we're getting ready for bed I lay on her side of the bed to warm it up.

Every time she gets in bed she says something along the lines of how much she loves me, how much I'm a furnace, "this is why I married you", etc.

I'm an asshole most of the time, but I really try.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:46:35 PM EDT
[#28]
I have a fun little wood burning laser.

For valentines I want to take a few small pieces of wood, and burn a little design on them as coupons for one free extra long back rub. Make them nicely sanded with an oil finish. She can 'cash them in' when she has a bad day or when her back hurts.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:47:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Buy her a pair of panties or a bra and then leave it somewhere random so it will be a surprise when she finds it. For instance, you can put it in the dirty laundry so she will find it when it comes out of the wash, or put it under the bed.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#30]
I call it a wienie treat. I wouldn't say its small though
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:48:17 PM EDT
[#31]
d*ck in a box
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:48:35 PM EDT
[#32]
giving her a break from the kids is all mine wants.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:48:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

For clutching?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Oriental Lilly's at work.
Homemade banana bread/baked goods for her to take to work
Handmade wood nameplates with seasonal themes for her work.
Home cooked gourmet meals.
Surprise roadtrips.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:51:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Depends on what your wife appreciates.

Mine would rather have the bathrooms cleaned and wood floors oiled than receive gifts, so I do that kind of stuff. Vacuum and dust the house, clean up the yard.. things that let her know you want her to live in a clean, safe, and well-kept environment.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:51:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Pro Tip: There are companies that will, for a small fee, do all the thinking and getting for you.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:52:03 PM EDT
[#37]
I do the same thing OP. Dish towels, dish soap, laundry detergent, irons, ironing boards, brooms, mops, mayo for sandwiches, etc. It's the little things.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
@Naamah
I've done, pretty much, all of those things. And, your correct, she loves the notes the most as she leaves them right where I left them. Some are in the cupboards, on the bathroom mirror, taped to the top of her travel mug.

Not necessarily looking for how or what to do, but some fresh gift ideas.
View Quote

Sounds like you’re on the right track. I dunno. I think my husband’s getting me a couple ducks this weekend. Maybe get her some ducks?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Baby and then a white LTZ Tahoe.

Seems to keep them happy for a short period of time.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:01:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Just stay married. The urge to please her will pass.
View Quote

This is an underrated post

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:01:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Lingerie... the littler the better.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:03:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Buy her a pair of panties or a bra and then leave it somewhere random so it will be a surprise when she finds it. For instance, you can put it in the dirty laundry so she will find it when it comes out of the wash, or put it under the bed.
View Quote

Slow down, Satan.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:04:51 PM EDT
[#43]
One of the things a guy gave me that I really liked was a pack of 3 or so pink pens.

Pink being my favorite color and I write alot.  ALOT.

~something her favorite color/flavor/scent or helping her with a project.  Some things I like to do myself; sso if it is like that for her, take on another task so she has "extra" time to do her thing - "I'll make dinner so you can work on your ______”
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Simpin ain't easy

Edit: get her a snow shovel of her own
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:06:17 PM EDT
[#45]
I don’t do a lot of it, but I’ve surprised her with a shotgun, pistol, barbell, trips...  

Huh.  We’ve been married 23 years and I can count of all of the gifts on one hand?  I need to do better.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:07:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Lingerie... the littler the better.
View Quote

Oh yeah, something else that's expensive that will be put at the back of some drawer that I will never see again in the history of my never ending nightmare.

Did the flowers unexpectedly thing for a long time, she still barely notices when I'm around.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:08:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:09:13 PM EDT
[#49]
I do little gifts all the time but not usually romantically based. I'll frequently keep some on a shelf in my closet for any day she might be having a hard time too. A book, a Funk Pop (she collects), a snack she likes, a game. Just anything that says you were thinking about her when you bought it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:10:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Everyone should do it often because one day one of you will be gone.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top