Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2023 9:18:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Twang2000]
From Charlie Kirk:
https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1699612950196330924
Liberty Safe was sold to Monomoy Capital Partners in 2021, a liberal East Coast investment firm. I pulled the FEC reports on the company and found approximately $400,000 over the last 10 cycles of max donations to Democrats like:

Raphael Warnock in GA
John Fetterman in PA
Mandela Barnes in WI
Mark Kelly in AZ

Liberty Safe’s current CEO, Justin Hillenbrand, was a founding partner of Monomoy and donated $4,600 to Obama for America.

And we're supposed to be surprised they betrayed their customers to the FBI as quickly as humanly possible?

Boycott Liberty Safe.

https://mcpfunds.com/news/monomoy-capital-partners-agrees-to-acquire-liberty-safe-0/

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 9:23:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dogsplat] [#1]
Fuck ‘em then.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 9:28:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Did they not think this would tank sales?  Guess it's all part of the plan.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 9:55:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#3]
I blame weaponized DOJ for the code part mostly. This on the other hand paints a different picture in combination with that.

I’m aboard the bandwagon. I will not buy from Democrats if I have the option not to.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 9:59:24 AM EDT
[#4]
It baffles me that people bought Liberty in the past when they are twice as expensive and objectively no better of an RSC than their competition.

Either buy cheap safes that are just as good as Liberty or pony up for a real safe from a much, much better mfg.

Liberty is Kimber of the safe world.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 10:11:56 AM EDT
[#5]
post this in GD
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dogsplat:
Fuck ‘em then.
View Quote

This.

It is about time that most here accept the truth....our country has turned left. There is no silent conservative majority. The majority of people in this country are lefties.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:
It baffles me that people bought Liberty in the past when they are twice as expensive and objectively no better of an RSC than their competition.

Either buy cheap safes that are just as good as Liberty or pony up for a real safe from a much, much better mfg.

View Quote

You have to be careful though.  Liberty manufactures a ton of safes for different brands under a bunch of various names.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By dogsplat:
Fuck ‘em then.
View Quote

Donating to Rep. Cicilline... they can FOAD.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
I blame weaponized DOJ for the code part mostly. This on the other hand paints a different picture in combination with that.

I’m aboard the bandwagon. I will not buy from Democrats if I have the option not to.
View Quote

DOJ didn't make them create, retain or give up the back door code that they have for every Liberty Safe with an electronic lock set.

That is the lowest common denominator,  if you own a safe with an electronic lock set it is no safe at all.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 2:40:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Seems against interest to donate to reptilian politicians who are trying to ban the items that go into gun safes. But corporate suicide seems to be all the rage these days, no?
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 4:55:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't get me wrong here, I don't own a Liberty Safe, don't want one, and think that they rolled over so easy you'd get more complaints from a well trained dog.

That said, they're not a 2A company. They build safes. They're opportunists. Definitely don't give them your money but also don't feel betrayed in some way. They were never your friends, just people looking to make a buck.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 5:51:56 AM EDT
[#12]
F them.
They make safes for Cabels, NRA and Freedom Security.
Liberty Brands
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 6:57:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Was on my list. Not anymore.
What’s the best bang for the buck on a big safe? Bigger than Fatboy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 7:53:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Dopple:
Did they not think this would tank sales?  Guess it's all part of the plan.
View Quote

They're counting on the "safe storage" laws that are being passed all over the place to drive sales.

They'll use their position and influence to help take away our rights. And people on "our" side will say it's wrong to oppose them, because "even if we don't agree with them, we should fight to the death for their right to do it." Of course, no conservative company would use THEIR power or influence to push an agenda, because "that just wouldn't be right. People should be free to make their own decisions without us trying to change their minds."

We're conducting a virtuous and principled march right to our own doom.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#15]
That is a Surefire way to lose money.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 7:57:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

View Quote

Agreed
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 8:20:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: trails-end] [#17]
Originally Posted By nuke1:
F them.
They make safes for Cabels, NRA and Freedom Security.
Liberty Brands
View Quote

FFS.  Of course they make them for NRA.  NRA probably donates to dems too.  NRA needs gun laws to remain relevant.

Is anybody still buying Leatherman multitools?
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 2:43:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Look at all the other companies Monomoy owns: Cabela's, Remington, and more.  Do you think it's  possible they're eating them up until they control enough of the market just to shut it all down?
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 5:19:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By NEOKShooter:
Look at all the other companies Monomoy owns: Cabela's, Remington, and more.  Do you think it's  possible they're eating them up until they control enough of the market just to shut it all down?
View Quote

No. They own it to make money. That's their singular motivation. They're invested in just about every industry you can think of and will take a bath on Liberty Safe as the 2A community bails. Like any corporate entity, they feed money to the politicians that fill their pockets.

Cabelas is owned by Bass Pro, BPL LLC, where John L. Morris is the founder, majority owner, and CEO. I couldn't find anything that indicates any affiliation with Monomy.

Remington brand was bought by Vista Outdoors in 2021. They also have no affiliation with Monomy.

I'm no fan of Cabelas but do appreciate a good Remington. It's not good to associate solid 2A companies brands with crap like this. If you have a solid source linking them to Monomy, please share it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:35:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ag04blast:
It is about time that most here accept the truth....our country has turned left. There is no silent conservative majority. The majority of people in this country are lefties.
View Quote

I don't believe that for a second.

Plenty of apathy, though.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 8:38:55 AM EDT
[#21]
I am guilty. I given money to two politicians that turned out to be RINO's. What Liberty Safe's holding did was just wrong and they need to fold. Unfortunately a majority of gun owners have no idea this event even happened. A lot of those who did held no issue with how it was handled by giving the info to the feds.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 1:10:00 PM EDT
[#22]
I bought my Liberty Lincoln 25 about 5 years ago at a great price shipped to sunny Hawaii.  The gun safe vendor was awesome and I got the RSC in perfect condition.  I'm a bit disappointed in their politics, but I'm a happy customer and I have a product that fits my needs.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a Cabela's Liberty safe.

Let's face it, a back door code to pop an electronic lock is only a matter of convenience.

FBI wants in, FBI gets in. Liberty safes aren't THAT stout....
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:10:35 PM EDT
[#25]
I was at Bass and few other stores....their gunsafes are now 800 bucks.  LOL gotta love how soros works
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#26]
I know 100% that big business shareholders are not political at all but cause issues to make money... Soros has money in Dem and Rep pots.  He does not care about anyone but making the next dollar bill
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:21:29 PM EDT
[#27]
They should hire a tranny spokes thang for their advertising. Or put a chick in and make her gay.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#28]
They want mandatory safe requirements for the children.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:57:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Is this the same liberty safe company that gives any government agency that asks the company the combination of their customers safes?

You would have to have your head examined to by a safe from these folks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:01:37 AM EDT
[#30]

You have to be careful though.  Liberty manufactures a ton of safes for different brands under a bunch of various names.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

This, need a reasonable priced non work company to make and sell safes.  What would you expect from an East Coast Liberal firm?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:42:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Every business donates to commies. They are the future. You want to stay in business you pay the mobs protection tax.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top