Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/27/2021 6:13:05 PM EDT
Measure 110, which will decriminalize personal possession of small amounts of drugs, making it a violation much like a traffic ticket, becomes law on Monday.

Here's the details of what it does:

Ballot Measure 110 does not make possession of drugs legal. It just decriminalizes personal possession of illegal drugs.

It reclassifies possession of small amounts of drugs as a civil violation, like a traffic offense. The penalty becomes a $100 fine, which a person can avoid by agreeing to participate in a health assessment.

The measure makes it a non-criminal violation, like a traffic ticket, to possess the following:
• Less than 1 gram of heroin
• Less than 1 gram, or less than 5 pills, of MDMA
• Less than 2 grams of methamphetamine
• Less than 40 units of LSD
• Less than 12 grams of psilocybin
• Less than 40 units of methadone
• Less than 40 pills of oxycodone
• Less than 2 grams of cocaine

The measure also reduces from a felony to a misdemeanor simple possession of substances containing:
• 1 to 3 grams of heroin
• 1 to 4 grams of MDMA
• 2 to 8 grams of methamphetamine
• 2 to 8 grams of cocaine

Selling, distributing and manufacturing these drugs remains illegal -- and if convicted, you will go to jail.

The measure, which passed with more than 58% voter approval, also funds health assessments, addiction treatment, harm-reduction efforts and other services for people with addiction disorders, OPB reports.

Funding those programs will come through the reallocation of tens of millions of dollars generated by Oregon’s cannabis tax.

The measure also is expected to generate savings in the criminal justice system because of fewer drug arrests, prosecutions and incarcerations. Those savings would be redirected into a new state fund for treatment and other services.

View Quote

It neither breaks my bones nor picks my pocket....or something.

I guess libertarians (full disclosure, I'm one of those people) have been dreaming of this for decades. Now, we have an experiment at the state level to see how it plays out. I suspect the next step will be state drug stores (OR already has state liquor stores) that will sell and tax it.
I don't care what people do to themselves if it doesn't impact someone else. Too bad that so many users end up on the public payroll. I don't know if these quantities are a lot or a little for a user, but...let the games begin.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Good, now cut 100% of all welfare and UE payments if you get caught with ANY drug that would preclude you from employment if a drug test is required.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Idaho, Nevada and Arizona need to become waterfront property.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

you have a killdozer avatar, but you're complaining about more freedom. does not compute
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:22:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is that you, Lex Luthor?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:24:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Good, I hope tons of freeloading leftist voters move and consolidate there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:25:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

you have a killdozer avatar, but you're complaining about more freedom. does not compute
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FREEDOM!!!*

*Unless it's something I don't like or agree with,then I want the gov to force everyone else to comply.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Demand will increase yet the suppliers run the risk of prison for getting the product to the user.  Sounds like someone needs to start up a delivery service on electric kick scooters.  Here's 1.9 grams of coke!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:26:00 PM EDT
[#9]
So that guy who drove over 5 people killing 1 was not on drugs.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#10]
The cartels and China are giddy with this news! Overseas fueled drug problem is like a cancer to our nation. War without bullets! Democrats love this!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:28:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I am unfamiliar with dosages for those drugs.  How much are those limits?  Is that like enough for someone to have fun by themselves?  Enough for a small party?  Not interested in drugs myself, just curious is these are the typical amounts people have.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Let me know when Killdozers become an epidemic.  Then we will start classifying them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I am unfamiliar with dosages for those drugs.  How much are those limits?  Is that like enough for someone to have fun by themselves?  Enough for a small party?  Not interested in drugs myself, just curious is these are the typical amounts people have.
View Quote

40 units of lsd sounds like a fuck ton.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:34:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Measure 110, which will decriminalize personal possession of small amounts of drugs, making it a violation much like a traffic ticket, becomes law on Monday.

Ballot Measure 110 does not make possession of drugs legal. It just decriminalizes personal possession of illegal drugs.

It reclassifies possession of small amounts of drugs as a civil violation, like a traffic offense. The penalty becomes a $100 fine, which a person can avoid by agreeing to participate in a health assessment.

The measure makes it a non-criminal violation, like a traffic ticket, to possess the following:

The measure also reduces from a felony to a misdemeanor simple possession of substances containing:
• 1 to 3 grams of heroin
• 1 to 4 grams of MDMA

Selling, distributing and manufacturing these drugs remains illegal -- and if convicted, you will go to jail.

The measure, which passed with more than 58% voter approval, also funds health assessments, addiction treatment, harm-reduction efforts and other services for people with addiction disorders, OPB reports.

Funding those programs will come through the reallocation of tens of millions of dollars generated by Oregon’s cannabis tax.

The measure also is expected to generate savings in the criminal justice system because of fewer drug arrests, prosecutions and incarcerations. Those savings would be redirected into a new state fund for treatment and other services.

View Quote

I guess libertarians (full disclosure, I'm one of those people) have been dreaming of this for decades. Now, we have an experiment at the state level to see how it plays out. I suspect the next step will be state drug stores (OR already has state liquor stores) that will sell and tax it.
I don't care what people do to themselves if it doesn't impact someone else. Too bad that so many users end up on the public payroll. I don't know if these quantities are a lot or a little for a user, but...let the games begin.
View Quote

I don’t think you are making the distinction between decriminalized and legal.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I see A lot of darwin awards coming
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Currently living in Oregon. Fuck this place.  

Take a note of crimes like theft/burglary, assault, and others now so we can compare them a year from today.  

Also, did I make it in before someone said “I’ll have a coke”?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:37:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

• 1 to 3 grams of heroin
• 1 to 4 grams of MDMA

...not my words, from the article....
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I see A lot of darwin awards coming
View Quote

Oh yeah.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#19]
The drugs don’t break your leg or pick your pocket. It’s the insane homeless hepatitis c infected drug addict that does.

Watch property crime and robbery/assault increase sharply.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I've struggled with alcoholism.

I feel for addicts and I understand the pitiful and incomprehensible demoralization you feel when you cannot stop.

I am unconvinced that this is a good idea. I hope I'm proven wrong as I watch from a distance.

I remember Limbaugh years ago discussing: Defining Deviancy Down. This feels like normalizing deviant behavior, but I sure cannot cast the first stone.

Good luck to those behind the lines.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#21]
12 grams of shrooms will mess you up pretty good. 6 is about the max from my remembery of the 80s.

40 LSD does sound like a shitload, but I don't know what they mean by unit. I have no experience with that chemical.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:51:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Why can't we each pick and choose the things we'd like decriminalized? Don't need the heroin, but I'd like do be able to drive 110 on the highway.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:53:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's debatable whether drug use = freedom.

Sobriety, or at least some semblance of it most of the time, is I think a very modest form of taxation we place on fellow citizens to at least not be a deadweight on the rest of us.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:54:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Now legalize prostitution and OR will literally be the place for "Hookers and Blow"
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:55:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Abolition fails every time it has been tried and the war on drugs has been an epic failure so I don't hate the idea.

However, this is probably California or Washington so I'm sure it will be a huge cluster fuck.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:56:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Zombieland...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:58:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Abolition fails every time it has been tried and the war on drugs has been an epic failure so I don't hate the idea.

However, this is probably California or Washington so I'm sure it will be a huge cluster fuck.

View Quote

Yeah, probably.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:01:39 PM EDT
[#28]
2 grams of coke really isn't alot.
So I was told.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

More freedom? You actually believe people will act responsibly?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hopefully enough to lower their population.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:02:39 PM EDT
[#31]
The prison and jail population in Oregon will decrease noticeably. As a classical liberal, I don't see why drugs should be illegal to any degree.

If you want the freedom to own guns, you should be for everyone's freedom in general. We don't get to pick and choose like selfish brats.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:03:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I've struggled with alcoholism.

I feel for addicts and I understand the pitiful and incomprehensible demoralization you feel when you cannot stop.

I am unconvinced that this is a good idea. I hope I'm proven wrong as I watch from a distance.

I remember Limbaugh years ago discussing: Defining Deviancy Down. This feels like normalizing deviant behavior, but I sure cannot cast the first stone.

Good luck to those behind the lines.  
View Quote

Portugal decriminalized drugs a while back and saw a 25% decrease in drug use.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:04:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

FREEDOM!!!*

*Unless it's something I don't like or agree with,then I want the gov to force everyone else to comply.
View Quote

This guy gets it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#34]
The people that would move their just for hard drugs are dirtbags.  This is related to marijuana legalization in that the states that legalized first had both tourism dollars, and armies of dirtbags moving to them

Frankly I think the rest of the states need to institute a new drug diversion program of exiling people there.  Hey you got caught with heroin, you go to prison or you take this $500 and get on the Greyhound/airplane.  Don't get caught in Ohio for 4 years.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

• 1 to 3 grams of heroin
• 1 to 4 grams of MDMA

You said you suspect the next step will be state run drug stores.  All I’m saying is that’s not the case, decriminalized doesn’t mean legal and even if it were state run stores is far fetched. Sure we have state liquor but all the weed store are private enterprises.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Legalization = more usage = more ODs = less narcan available = more OD deaths = remaining population is better off

In short, let people kill themselves all they want
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:12:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably shouldn’t let people own guns then. They may act irresponsibly.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:17:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What percentage of the population does drugs? Drives drunk?

I don't drink,nor do any drugs. Legalize it all,and no one I know would suddenly do LSD or coke,me included.

War on drugs has been a huge waste of lives and money,but has succeeded in making the gov even more powerful than ever.

I can only imagine where we would be if Prohibition had never been repealed...

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#39]
States should use this as an example to introduce that into other areas. SBR’s/SBS’s? Suppressors? And then use State personnel and Administration, State resources to hinder every attempt by non-State agency incursions against State law(s) and regulation(s).
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Employers are having a hard time finding folks who can pass drug tests... Hiring one exposes the employer and the insurance lawyers, their behavior results.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:20:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom to make exclusively bad choices for yourself & others.

Gotta real Big Brain, here, guys!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
States should use this as an example to introduce that into other areas. SBR’s/SBS’s? Suppressors? And then use State personnel and Administration, State resources to hinder every attempt by non-State agency incursions against State law(s) and regulation(s).
View Quote

Kansas did that.

'Course the guys that were state legal still get fucked by the feds (and got no help from the state). And didn't even rate a pardon from Trump,when he was pardoning shitbags...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:22:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

FREEDOM!!!*

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FREEDOM!!!*

If this "freedom" weren't accompanied by a wanton communist oppression state that lets its enforcers & pets run rampant, your point might not be completely retarded.

Alas...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:23:57 PM EDT
[#45]
How does one measure psilocybin?

If its actually written that way, it sounds difficult to quantify.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:25:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Currently living in Oregon. Fuck this place.  

Take a note of crimes like theft/burglary, assault, and others now so we can compare them a year from today.  

Also, did I make it in before someone said “I’ll have a coke”?
View Quote

But to hear the principled, pretentious libertarians, you have so much freedom!  Freedom to live as a homeless addict, freedom to cloud your judgement and hide from reality, freedom to burn loot murder under the right flag, freedom to kill yourself when it all comes to a head.

Total freedom.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Freedom if we didn't have a welfare state. It picks my pocket otherwise.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Kansas did that.

'Course the guys that were state legal still get fucked by the feds (and got no help from the state). And didn't even rate a pardon from Trump,when he was pardoning shitbags...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kansas did that.

I remember. Weren’t they selling and made they’re product available over State lines? That’s not what I’m talking about.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:28:39 PM EDT
[#49]
The I-5 corridor is going to get real sporty , especially at night.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

40 hits of LSd is a lot, sheets come in 100 tabs on blotters. Coke is sold in grams or 8balls usually. A ball is 3.5g and a good weekend
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top