Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2021 6:43:54 PM EDT
Ok,
So a few weeks ago on a whim, I thought I'd try some Fireball.  About every other year, I decide to venture out of my normal Wild Turkey/Russian Standard and get something different.  Well, I kinda liked it!  I'm NOT a sweet hooch drinker, but I did also like it as a mixer with diet root beer too.

Anyway, I've seen a couple recipes for it online and decided to give it a go.   I figured I can make one that's better, has more heat and not as sweet.  I'd stick with Wild Turkey.  Now the recipe I found and liked was from barchemistry https://barchemistry.com/how-to-make-fireball/

Now, the issue is syrup.  I've been doing Keto for a while and had a lot of success so I really don't want to use sugar.  Any idea of what sugar subs are good for simple syrup that won't be cloudy?

I figure I might toast the cinnamon sticks prior to putting them in as well...
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 7:27:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I spilled some of that in my nut sack a few years back. It burned like hell. Just imagine what it’s doing to your stomach.
You better just take my word on this one.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I spilled some of that in my nut sack a few years back. It burned like hell. Just imagine what it’s doing to your stomach.
View Quote

Which is why I want to make my own.  As far as the burning, I don't see how it's any worse than lots of spicy food, or typical college years of heavy drinking followed by hot wings...
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 9:15:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 9:31:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe I'll try Alulose as I already have a bunch of that
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 10:15:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 10:50:21 AM EDT
[#6]
More than a taste and it gets way too sweet for me.

Let us know how it works out.  I'd also love to know what kind of wild night leads to getting fireball on your beanbag......
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 1:23:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

So is no one asking how/why fireball got on his nut sack?
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So is no one asking how/why fireball got on his nut sack?
View Quote

I think weve all be naked and drinking fireball at some time during highschool....I'm not one to judge....
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 10:17:41 PM EDT
[#9]
So, just did a one week check.  This is gonna be really good.  Added one more tsp of allulose and six szechuan peppers.  Should be done Wed or Thursday.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 11:14:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

You know there's hydrochloric acid in your stomach? You really don't want to get that on your nut sack.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:38:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Give us a report, if you can, on how the syrup turns out!

I'd like to know how the different sugar substitutes do for clarity.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe I'll try Alulose as I already have a bunch of that

Give us a report, if you can, on how the syrup turns out!

I'd like to know how the different sugar substitutes do for clarity.

The syrup with Alulose is good to go.  Perfectly clear.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 7:31:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Done!

So, here's some standard Wild Turkey....

Here's my Fireball Turkey...

This shit is HOT!  But, I really like it.  Not nearly as syrupy as the store bought stuff.  Just sweet enough too.  Odd thing is, when put on the rocks, it gets cloudy.  Don't care though.  Tastes good!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top