Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/3/2021 6:23:59 PM EDT
Searched thru the AR Pistol Forum; cant get a SOLID answer.  Any issues to having an AR Pistol where there are AR Rifles ?

- AR Pistol is assembled, meaning upper is attached to lower that was sold a pistol.
- There are no pistol length uppers anywhere, unassembled to their proper pistol lowers

Would not having a pistol lenght upper in the same home run risk of constructive possession of SBR ?
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Stop asking.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:25:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stop asking.
View Quote

This. The people who make the rules ask less questions when determining them.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Pleas don't write a letter asking for clarification to the AFT!
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:26:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you Canadian?
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#5]
With 8 hours in a machine shop anything is possible. Stop worrying about what if’s. If they want you they got you.

Thanks corrupt gov!
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I see

( guess i wont be getting an AR Pistol now)
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:28:58 PM EDT
[#7]
<—- not a lawyer, but as I understand it you’ll only run afoul of constructive intent if you have parts in proximity with no legal configuration available.  In your case that means don’t get rid of at least one pistol or SBR lower while you have an upper less than 16 inches around.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:29:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Do you think that the people who own AR pistols only own AR pistols?
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I see

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Is having household chemicals under your sink and in your laundry room considered constructive possession of chemical warfare agents?

Is owning plumbing supplies and a cell phone considered constructive possession of an IED?

Is owning a serrated bread knife and a screwdriver considered constructive possession of motor vehicle theft tools?

Get the point yet?
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:34:05 PM EDT
[#11]
It used to be one pistol lower (or NFA lower) was sufficient to justify any number of short uppers.  IANAL

Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I take pistol tops off, store them and put rifle tops on, you just can't do it the other way around.  Just keep track of serial numbers of who is who.

OP is confused.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:35:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Constructive possession has no basis in law. It's a scare tactic.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#14]
The shit some of yall worry about. I could not imagine going through life so fucking scared of everything.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't even know what the hell you are fretting about OP.
If you want a pistol length AR then go buy it.

Some people make this shit way too complicated...
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stop asking.

Don't just stop asking, stop leaving stuff sitting around where someone else can ask for you or make an issue of it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#17]
It’s fine, and if one day it’s not fine you’ll have ample notice. If you care.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The shit some of yall worry about. I could not imagine going through life so fucking scared of everything.
View Quote

I'm also scared of spiders and those creepy grasshopper things that climb walls .
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#19]
I also build every lower as a pistol first, since you can go from pistol to rifle and back legally so long as the configuration at any one time is a legal one.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#20]

We’re as free as we choose to be.

Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the most low-T thread I've seen in a while.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#22]
No laws during Constitution pause.

IDGAF

Sorry, I see where you live.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#23]
You are fine, where you would run in to trouble is having pistol upper and no pistol lowers. Or having a pistol upper not attached to anything, and a lower with a stock and no rifle upper.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:39:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I see

View Quote
Stop it  
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:40:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
<—- not a lawyer, but as I understand it you’ll only run afoul of constructive intent if you have parts in proximity with no legal configuration available.  In your case that means don’t get rid of at least one pistol or SBR lower while you have an upper less than 16 inches around.
View Quote

That is how I have always understood it from the beginning. Always have a pistol lower, and never assemble pistol upper on rifle lower.

Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#26]

Fight me.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:42:58 PM EDT
[#27]
You’re 100% fine to have both

Even if you had a pistol upper only I still wouldn’t worry. Constructive intent is not enforceable, and I have never found a single example of someone being charged with it.

Being able to do something illegal is not illegal.

Additionally, this very question is an embarrassment and you probably should go ahead and turn your guns in, or exchange them for a dildo or something.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

It seems like you wouldn't want a stock around with only a pistol as well
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:43:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#30]
If you have a AR and a shoe string or a coat hanger, you’re in constructive possession. Do Democrats pay attention to the laws?  I rest my case.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Have your husband buy two safes. Label one "pistols." Label the other "rifles." Put a flower sticker on the one that is for pistols. Put a punisher sticker on the one for rifles. You are GTG.

Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:45:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If you have a AR and a shoe string or a coat hanger, you’re in constructive possession. Do Democrats pay attention to the laws?  I rest my case.
View Quote

Where is that God damn "like" button?
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:46:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Waste of site resources.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I see

View Quote

PROBABLY FOR THE BEST
eta; just go SBR route, less stressful.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#35]
You're a damn American (I think)!   It's even enumerated in our founding documents.  Petty laws of men don't mean shit when it comes to what's right and wrong.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#36]
It's not a "pistol", it's a young AR, and is still growing, that's why it's not the same size as the other AR's.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not?

Is there a law saying what order I have to buy parts in for my next build?
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#38]

Under new AFT interpretations, this is a machinegun.

Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Searched thru the AR Pistol Forum; cant get a SOLID answer.  Any issues to having an AR Pistol where there are AR Rifles ?

- AR Pistol is assembled, meaning upper is attached to lower that was sold a pistol.
- There are no pistol length uppers anywhere, unassembled to their proper pistol lowers

Would not having a pistol lenght upper in the same home run risk of constructive possession of SBR ?
View Quote

No.  As long as there is one legal condition/use for a short upper, you are legal. Those conditions could be no lowers, legal pistol lowers, legal SBR registered lower.  If you still worry about creative hands playing building blocks games then store the short uppers with the bolt removed and a cable lock through the ejection port.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Weak troll thread
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:59:07 PM EDT
[#41]
You are assuming the aft believes in ar pistols. Have you seen the news surrounding this? They have a score sheet, but also declare that if they decide your pistol is not a pistol, that is within their purview.

In summary, if you're this concerned and will comply when the pistol crackdown begins, just save yourself some steps and some $. However, if you believe that shall not be infringed means shall not be infringed, stop asking infringing questions.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:59:56 PM EDT
[#42]
First post nailed it
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 7:04:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Who gives a fuck
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
You are assuming the aft believes in ar pistols. Have you seen the news surrounding this? They have a score sheet, but also declare that if they decide your pistol is not a pistol, that is within their purview.

In summary, if you're this concerned and will comply when the pistol crackdown begins, just save yourself some steps and some $. However, if you believe that shall not be infringed means shall not be infringed, stop asking infringing questions.
View Quote

I believe that only applies to braced pistols. With no brace it should be a pistol if their new ideas are approved.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#45]
I have some diesel and fertilizer stored out by my tractor.

The Taliban has the good stuff we payed for.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#46]
How often is the ATF in your gun safe?
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I also build every lower as a pistol first, since you can go from pistol to rifle and back legally so long as the configuration at any one time is a legal one.
View Quote

Because there is a way to tell what a stripped receiver was first built as?
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

[BAFTE]You’ve already considered it, so it’s constructive intent[/BAFTE]

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#49]
In before: Do you have a dog?

If no, then you should be fine
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  Stop worrying about stupid, bullshit, pointless minutiae of the “law.”  It simply doesn’t fucking matter.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top