Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2023 4:31:33 PM EDT
anybody else left eye dominant, but shoot with their right eye?

I shoot mostly h.s. sports for fun, and thinking I need to try and make the move with shooting both eyes open and right eye looking thru the viewfinder.   How hard of an adjustment is this?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#1]
right handed, left eye dominant
shoot a rifle and play pool left handed

tried to play guitar left handed and my first instructor made me switch when I was 10. Still pissed about that. I'm an adequate guitar player but I might have been great.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 6:56:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm right-handed and left-eye dominant.  I shoot long guns and bows left-handed.  I shoot handguns right-handed with my left eye.  I've had a few interesting conversations at the range with firearms instructors about my goofy pistol stance!  Shooting with both eyes open is best, IMHO, but it took a while for me to get used to it.

I also tried several things (eye patches, etc) suggested by local experts to "cure" my problem.  Nothing worked for me.  I decided to practice what came naturally to me and I do OK.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Left eye dominant,  right handed. Shoot pool, guns, hit a ball left handed...
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:27:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Voland:
Left eye dominant,  right handed. Shoot pool, guns, hit a ball left handed...
View Quote

Same except hitting a ball.  

I do that right handed.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:37:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Left handed, but shoot pistol/rifle/AT4 right handed with right eye. Shoot bow and pool left handed with left eye.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top