Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:47:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, don't' waste my time with vmail shit  I have caller ID, I can see you called, don't leave me some long winded bull shit vmail and put your problems on me, talk to me and tell me what you want

Caller ID obsoleted vmail, now I'm pissed because I can't turn it off on my gay iphone
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Google always does a horrible job. I guess it probably does okay with non technical stuff but in my business it normally guesses some foreign language. Other day short message about meeting at the coker unit, it went to something in spanish.
View Quote

AT&T's transcription on iPhone is pretty dead-on.. I use it almost exclusively rather than listening to the message.

OP probably listens to his VM on speaker, too
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally...Posted...By...RolandofGilead:
I...get...annoyed...when...people...leave...me...VMs....I...can...see...you...called,...I'll...either...call...you...back...or...you...can...send...me...a...text.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:58:23 PM EDT
[#4]
The problem with detailed messages is that the controls for listening to VMs is absurdly complex.

"You have 7 new messages . . message one sent at 3:15 pm today . . xxxxx"
Me: pressing 5, because I think that's how to forward to the next message.
"End of messages"
Me: "fuck"  - press star, then 3 to listen to messages.
"You have 6 new messages . . message one sent at 3:23 pm today . . "
Me: pressing 4, because that must me right - it works!
Stupidly long message with garbled details at the end: " . .blah blah blah so call 57983?35 or 323681??12 and ask for . ."
Me: "fuck, what did he just say - how do I rewind 10 seconds? Pressing 8?"
"That is not a valid selection, to listen to your messages press 3 . ."
Me, calling person back: "Hey, I got your message, but didn't listen to it - what's up?"

Text is just as bad because of retarded spelling correction and people write like morons:
Message: "Have the #s U require called my back"  10 second later: "U tHERE??"  10 seconds later: "U in official?"
Me: "WTF?"

Just send me an email with the details and proper spelling or if you can't manage that, wait until we can talk live.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#5]
VM's usually never get heard or deleted.   This is 2022 send a fucking text.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:13:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Someone should keep a record of replies to "fuck VM" so OP can learn to stop using that bullshit

Don't think this thread is going how he thought but he's probably sleeping by now...boomer
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I haven't had that issue.  However, where I work, we process certain reports through tracking software.  The people entering usually make mistakes.  I'll return the report to them, with detailed instructions on what to fix.  The software alerts them via email.

Often, the person will come to me and say something like "I see that you returned the report - what did you want me to do?"  Read the instructions I wrote, for starters.  Other times, I'll get no response, so I have to hunt them down and ask why.  It's either "I haven't checked my email this week" ( required daily, per policy) or "I didn't know how to fix it."  Rather than ask their supervisor, or ask me, they just let it sit.  The worst is probably when they return it with no corrections, because it was too difficult.

Now that I think about it, my elderly mother will call me after I leave a voice message, or text, and ask what I wanted.  It's easier for her to call me than to check her voice-mail. She'll also leave me a voice message on my cellphone asking where I'm at, and why I didn't answer - as if I can hear it real-time like on an answering machine.  She's 79, though, so I guess she gets a pass...
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#8]
VM from sales guy or Mgt, “Call me”. No background no topic, no I need this.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:39:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I vastly prefer a concise voice mail if I don't answer the phone.  If you want to give me a lot of detail, do it live on the phone or in an email.

I hate having to listen through a VM several times to catch all the info.

Oh, and if I don't answer the phone and you don't leave a VM, I don't know who you are.  Don't expect a call back.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#10]
"Hey Rem, give me a call back.  I have a few things to discuss with you"

or

"Hey I have a couple questions for you.  Call me back"

Fucking fuck you, you fucking fuck fucks.  Tell me what your questions are.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#11]
It happens to me, I don't answer when they call back, problem solved.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I get annoyed when people leave me VMs. I can see you called, I'll either call you back or you can send me a text.
View Quote

I agree 100%, only a dumbfuck leaves a VM, no shit you called, I will either call you back or I won't.  Don't leave me a stupid message that you called because I already know that.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#13]
¯\_(?)_/¯

Depending on the cell network, my phone won't show the voicemail notification for up to two days.  But the missed call always shows up.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:18:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I hate long voice mails; TLDL

Sum it up in a text so I can read it, or call back.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I commonly have to leave detailed and sometimes lengthy voicemails for others that I work with.  For the sake of time and productivity I expect that to suffice in explaining what I want/need.  I really hate it when I get a call back from said people that I have left a detailed voicemail "wanting to know what I wanted to talk about?"  Why do people do this shit?  Anyone else irked by this?
View Quote

They got tired of listening to said lengthy detailed VM, deleted about 20 seconds in, and called you back instead because they knew they were going to have to call you anyway.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top