Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2021 4:21:18 PM EDT
The recent threads have already archived w/o any user names, so can't IM folks for recommendations.

Went to EPIK"s site, "Digital Empowerment" w/ favored demographic model, ok, know who you're rooting for.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 4:45:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I use HostGator.  It's a pretty clunky backend.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 4:03:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't used any shared hosting for anything production in a long time. I do have a Namecheap shared hosting account, but I only use it for staging/development.

I host my domains at Digital Ocean, and I have a Digital Ocean VPS (webserver) and a Vultr VPS (email server).
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Moving to Host Gator - they're trying to nickle & dime me for everything.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 6:05:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Not only does HostGator nickle & dime you, they aren't the registrar.  They use Launchpad, so now I'm getting two sets of emails.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 6:20:26 PM EDT
[#5]
This is relevant to my interests
Tag for more info

Link Posted: 4/3/2021 12:14:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Long ago moved my domains to google.  haven't found anything better.

Even longer ago I never used a hosting service and served off an old Mac running Linux.

Then linode.com became available.   Linode.com rocks.  Host yourself.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 9:24:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Got all 4 domains transferred, my primary stuff uploaded to the current primary domain, got web email working, called Go Daddy & closed my account.  Guy was helpful, he asked why, I told him you tried to take down AR15.com, goodbye.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:35:11 PM EDT
[#8]
quasi necro, just reupped the ar15.com membership and got hit with new threads.

I went with epik for dns and hosting. No regrets so far. Was using godaddy and nosupportlinuxhosting.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 5:24:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Started with 1and1.com for some websites and email sometime ago.

Still with them as I have had no problems. Have called twice for advice and got the correct advice within a few minutes.

Just no problems
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top