BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/22/2021 8:19:18 AM EDT
Reverse cancel culture
Think there would be outrage?

EDIT: I'm not a owner or in a hiring or firing position.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:20:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Do it. Start playing by their rules.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:21:27 AM EDT
[#2]
In.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:21:47 AM EDT
[#3]
LOL

You serious?  You'll be cancelled in return and your business sued into oblivion.   They'll figure out a way to crush you.  I hope it works out for you though.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:24:45 AM EDT
[#4]
What’s fair is fair. I say fuck ‘em and start firing them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:26:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't get caught.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:27:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Fire all of them now. They are deadweight and boll weevils.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:28:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Find a legitimate reason to fire them. Then make it happen.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:30:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Do it but in a legit way.  I have no qualms about them being watched closely and first time they step out of line, boom, fired.  The leftists forgot the sword they are freely swinging sharp on both sides.  It needs to be used in both directions.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:30:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I see a Biden sign in their yard...their quote just earned a 10% bidet tax on top of anything I was going to bid. Of course the bidet tax is not itemized or visible but make no mistake...their paying it.:)
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:30:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Lefties dont have jobs
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:34:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I see a Biden sign in their yard...their quote just earned a 10% bidet tax on top of anything I was going to bid. Of course the bidet tax is not itemized or visible but make no mistake...their paying it.:)
View Quote

That’s awesome!!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:38:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What’s fair is fair. I say fuck ‘em and start firing them.
View Quote

Agreed but you have to be cagey about it.

Ever wonder why there are so many requirements in the typical employee handbook?

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:40:04 AM EDT
[#13]
If you are an employer you should not know the political leanings of your employees.

If you do, you should pretend you don't.

CYA.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:40:29 AM EDT
[#14]
I suspect that leftists could be fired for cause given how sorry most of them are. I guess it would depend if you were willing to put in the work documenting their screw-ups before letting them go.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:41:22 AM EDT
[#15]
There were quite a few doxing campaigns (that were successful in getting people fired) during the last couple Obama years.

I remember them here even.

I'm sure they still happen for Antifa/BLM shitheads, you just don't hear about it because the news won't report it unless they're Proud Boys or whatever.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:51:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I did it for years. I called it the "stupid" tax.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:54:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:56:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Lefties dont have jobs
View Quote

I'm pretty sure they do...I don't see principled conservatives shit canning and black listing each other over comments made on social media, off company time, off company property...

AWS torpedoed parler. Go daddy dropped arfcom.
Any more examples needed to prove corporate commies are a thing, and that the left do in fact have jobs?

We don't hold a monopoly on employment...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:57:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
LOL

You serious?  You'll be cancelled in return and your business sued into oblivion.   They'll figure out a way to crush you.  I hope it works out for you though.  Good luck.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:58:52 AM EDT
[#21]
We unfortunately had to let 4 people go yesterday due to what we expect will be a significant impact to our business from the cancellation of the pipeline.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:00:00 AM EDT
[#22]
I do research social media of people that submit a resume.  If I see they are extreme in any way, shape or form politically/social issues I am not hiring them. I don't do drama when it comes to employees and people that are very extreme in their social media postings tend to be drama in my real world experience.  I do find most of the extreme stuff I find tends to be lefties.  I do have a few employees that vote Dem (very few) but they are very much moderates.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:01:50 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm small, so I know who I have around me.

But....I understand it. Just have a valid reason to cut them. They are probably the employees that trash your company's success on the side and to your customers anyway, you evil Capatalist.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:02:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I do research social media of people that submit a resume.  If I see they are extreme in any way, shape or form politically/social issues I am not hiring them. I don't do drama when it comes to employees and people that are very extreme in their social media postings tend to be drama in my real world experience.  I do find most of the extreme stuff I find tends to be lefties.  I do have a few employees that vote Dem (very few) but they are very much moderates.
View Quote

thats a pretty accurate assumption.

Frankly, half the people I know on FB I wouldn't want to work for, with or have report to me.  Hell, based on their postings over the past year I don't even think I want them in my life anymore.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:03:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your business, your rules...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:03:47 AM EDT
[#26]
1. Establish a zero tolerance for political fund raising on company time.  Publicize it.
2. Random Drug Tests (Even if MJ is legal it can be out of policy for employment, just using the "dangerous environment", anti-intoxication, and fairness principles).
3. Updated background checks every 6 months for every person with purchasing authority - issue corporate credit cards.

Guess who will all be gone in 6 weeks to 6 months?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:04:08 AM EDT
[#27]
I don’t like whiners or employees that stir up shit... they usually fall into that category and we move them on down the road
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:04:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
LOL

View Quote

So you now want to fire people because they are a Dumbocrat?  What have we become. Regardless of their political views..The decision should be made on their work merits, not a political party.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:04:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
We unfortunately had to let 4 people go yesterday due to what we expect will be a significant impact to our business from the cancellation of the pipeline.
View Quote

Hopefully everyone with green/purple hair.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:05:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nice of y’all to get ahead of the curve so they can job hunting with less competition...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:05:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Its going to happen to one place I know of
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:09:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Just make sure your HR department is up to snuff and signs off on each firing.  Other than that, why the hell not?  I don't work for a leftist employer, but if I did and the Cancel Culture came after me because I happened to be a firearm owner, or a Trump supporter, or whatever, then that employer wouldn't have the slightest qualms about firing me.  As a business owner you should have the right to only employ people who accurately reflect your own values and ethics.  Of course, if your best worker happens to be a rabid leftist... well, I don't know what to tell you.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:13:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:14:03 AM EDT
[#34]
This may be hard for some of you to fathom, but in general, you'll get terminated if you break your own companies written policy on how to handle yourself.

Some jobs have a little more leeway on what you do on your own time, generally due to the type of job or position.  Break those rules, expect to be terminated.  

The reality is ones political leanings really dosen't matter what kind of work ethic you put into your profession.  

Reading this forum, you would think only democrats are receiving government assitance or living like the proverbial trailer trash LOL

Added newsflash... don't put anything on the internet that you don't want the world to see, particularly under your facebook account.  

I've read some of the background history and stories of some of the people who stormed the capital.  Seems their life history and or motives are no better than most of those people you apparently despise.  Added newsflash... if the capital gathering would of not resulted in people actually breaking the law, none of this would of been newsworth enough for innocent people who didn't "storm the capital" to be affected (the reality is is out of all the people who did attend, I'm only guessing that it was the minority that gave the majority a bad name in the press).
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:16:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

So you now want to fire people because they are a Dumbocrat?  What have we become. Regardless of their political views..The decision should be made on their work merits, not a political party.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL

Ok Old Economy Steve.

You do not understand America 2021.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Conservative professors are denied tenure at colleges and universities all the time, for no other reason than being conservative.

Want tenure at a university?  Better pretend like you are a liberal, or better yet, an outright Marxist.

And yet, if we adopted the same tactics, the outcry from the left would be heard throughout the universe.

Pity, that.

However, there are probably a "lot" of ways we could start to fight back in this country, covertly, without making it obvious.

Well you know, just hypothetically speaking of course.

My newly adopted motto for the next several years: "Viva la Resistance!"
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:20:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Regular politics has failed. This is war and they're the enemy. Anything legal that you can do to hurt them is not only permissible but obligatory.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:21:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Let 'em go and be sure to tell 'em that you anticipate being able to hire a dreamer that will work cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Lefties dont have jobs
View Quote

They all work down at the gender studies plant.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:26:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Let's all just calm down and keep our focus on staying on the high road.

They can: Label us racists/Nazi's/fascist/domestic terrorists. They can leverage powerful federal agencies to do their bidding and to carry out their treasonous plans. They can dox us out of our livelihoods. They can burn, loot and assault entire cities at will. They can run an almost incomprehensible election fraud scheme to elevate an illegitimate President to office. They can silence millions of conservative avenues of communication. They can deplatform long established conservative sites. They can call for a citizen "Trump supporter reporting networks" to target us for various reasons. They can entirely shred the US Constitution using the brute force results of a fraudulent election. They can instill draconian Marxist policies and laws that are designed to bring down the foundations of this 230+ year old Republic.

They can and will do a lot more than all of this, but........

Lets stay on the moral high ground and take our beatings like proud Americans should. Remember, to resist any of the above is now sedition and/or insurrection...so they tell us. The nail that sticks up the highest gets the hammer after all. Wasn't it Samual Adams who coined that phrase? I can't recall.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:27:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
1. Establish a zero tolerance for political fund raising on company time.  Publicize it.
2. Random Drug Tests (Even if MJ is legal it can be out of policy for employment, just using the "dangerous environment", anti-intoxication, and fairness principles).
3. Updated background checks every 6 months for every person with purchasing authority - issue corporate credit cards.

Guess who will all be gone in 6 weeks to 6 months?
View Quote

Personally I know of a woman who by all accounts was a registered republican and whose husband was a minster.  Nothing would pop up on your radar about her.  Took years of hell, but she finally got jail time for stealing a substantial amount from the company using company credit cards.  

Why do you think that republican politicians who are "anti gay" make the news when people find out those same politians are gay themselves?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:27:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Lefties are generally  garbage employees anyway.  'Poor performance' should do the trick.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:27:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Brand them sexist or racist. They will then be outed from the lib circle.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:28:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Find a legitimate reason to fire them. Then make it happen.
View Quote

This is the way.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:29:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:Lets stay on the moral high ground and take our beatings like proud Americans should.
View Quote

Sad to say, human nature is not to turn the other cheek.  Goes for anyone with any political affiliation as well.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:31:08 AM EDT
[#46]
That sounds like a good way to get sued out of existence.

But if shooting yourself in the dick to prove a political point is what you seek, then go for it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:31:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Sad to say, human nature is not to turn the other cheek.  Goes for anyone with any political affiliation as well.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Lets stay on the moral high ground and take our beatings like proud Americans should.

I think he was being sarcastic, not serious, but I can't really tell.

I agree with him to a point.  We DO need to be careful not to become the very thing we condemn.

However, when it gets to the point that the Marxists are on the verge of destroying our freedom and liberty - and we are at that point RIGHT NOW - my subscription to previous notions of "the moral high ground" is cancelled.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Reverse cancel culture
Think there would be outrage?

EDIT: I'm not a owner or in a hiring or firing position.
View Quote
Better have airtight documentation for the firing, including warnings and performance issues. If it appears you did it for political reasons, and that ever came out, you may have issues even in a right to work state.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Let me tell you what we have become.
A society where conservatives are hunted down in the streets. Where are businesses are targeted by the left as they also punish the productive through taxation to pay for it all.
Our lives are threatened, our livelihoods at stake through cancel culture, doxxing, etc.
All while they masturbate furiously to the thought of rounding YOU and your family up and shoving your dead bodies in a shallow grave with a solar powered, zero carbon emissions bulldozer.

And you still want to play nice?
That's how we got to this point.

Fuck it. If they are in your organization, it is only to sabotage it. Act accordingly, but act smart. If you have the legal ways and means to cut them.....do it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:35:38 AM EDT
[#50]
The correct procedure is to reduce their scheduled hours a little at a time until they can no longer afford to stay. Most times you can even avoid unemployment claims if they quit of their own volition.  

Giving them menial, mind-numbing tasks like counting a huge pile of paperclips has also been known to make people quit.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top