Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2022 3:06:24 PM EDT
Kiril Federov was arrested one day before he was set to fly to moscow. On his youtube channel "alconafter", he flew russian flags and spouted various pro-russian propaganda.

Now russia is demanding his release.

Sounds like they got one.

Many more to go.

@outofbattery any insight?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m not familiar with him at all.

Russia is certainly trying to buy off supporters in the Baltics but I don’t know what his case is. I have no idea if he’s a true believer or has as much conviction towards pushing the Russian narrative as a YouTuber who tells you how amazing a wallet or soap is quite frankly.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 4:33:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like that end of the world is a little slim on the freedom of speech to me.

Unless there's more to it than OP posted.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 4:34:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m not familiar with him at all.

Russia is certainly trying to buy off supporters in the Baltics but I don’t know what his case is. I have no idea if he’s a true believer or has as much conviction towards pushing the Russian narrative as a YouTuber who tells you how amazing a wallet or soap is quite frankly.
View Quote

I understand that as you go east there are a lot of russian speakers.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sounds like that end of the world is a little slim on the freedom of speech to me.

Unless there's more to it than OP posted.
View Quote

Fleeing to russia kinda makes the arrested look even worse.

Everyone is fleeing russia. Except that guy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#5]
LOL no jail can hold me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#6]
He's a retarded gaymer, but that's a bs charge. Let him go fight for Russia if he wants. His demise will be hilarious.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 4:42:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Lots of russkies in Latvia...........

Russians in Latvia have been the largest ethnic minority in the country for the last two centuries. The number of Russians in Latvia more than quadrupled during the Soviet occupation of Latvia when the size of the community grew from 8.8% of the total population in 1935 (206,499) to 34.0% in 1989 (905,515). It started to decrease in size again after Latvia regained independence in 1991 falling to 25.2% at the beginning of 2018.

Possibly Putin's next adventure.

Reinforcing Deterrence on NATO's Eastern Flank

As Presently Postured, NATO Cannot Successfully Defend the Territory of its Most Exposed Members
Across multiple games using a wide range of expert participants in and out of uniform playing both sides, the longest it has taken Russian forces to reach the outskirts of the Estonian and/or Latvian capitals of Tallinn and Riga, respectively, is 60 hours.
Such a rapid defeat would leave NATO with a limited number of options, all bad.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 4:49:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
He's a retarded gaymer, but that's a bs charge. Let him go fight for Russia if he wants. His demise will be hilarious.
View Quote

When the dude was fleeing to russia the next day I suspect it is probably not.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 4:57:08 PM EDT
[#9]
We throw people in prison for trying to join ISIS. How would joining Russia be any different?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I understand that as you go east there are a lot of russian speakers.
View Quote

Yes. There is a Bald and Bankrupt where he goes to Narva. An Estonian YouTuber reacting to it rather explains things better. Narva was a 98% Estonian city and it is now 5%.

Estonian man reacts to Bald and Bankrupt in Estonia

Narva was not a Russian city but was rebuilt as a Soviet one.

http://estonia-paradise-of-the-north.blogspot.com/2015/02/remembering-beautiful-pre-wwii-narva.html

Russians have a strange relationship with us but the thing is that Americans and Western Europeans don’t understand Russians and how Russians see things.
Russians believe that  WWII started in 1941. They do not learn of the Molotov Ribbentrop Pact and do not know that Stalin invaded Poland. Most Russians believe that the Soviets did not occupy the Baltics but rather “liberated” it. Older,and younger brainwashed,Russians  think anyone who opposes their view is at bare minimum a Nazi sympathizer.
 Here is the HOWEVER: Russians in Estonia do not want to be part of Russia for economic reasons but love Russia strong. They have been quiet because they’re actually frightened of the idea of becoming Russian again but were celebrating in 2014. Unless you live next to Russians it is near impossible to understand them,which is the main reason we are all at this stage because American and Western European leaders could never get their heads around Putin just being Russian.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top