Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2024 8:59:37 PM EDT
Anyone play it and diablo 4?  Which one you like more?  I already played a couple seasons of d4.  I got a Lenovo legion go and looking for a game for it. Looks to be a good game, possibly better than d4.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 11:03:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: svt40] [#1]
I got it last night.  Not sure if it's better than D4 yet.  Gear seems much simpler and easier to find upgrades.  Already got some legendaries at level 8.  Not usable for my class but still.

Crafting seems useful for the one thing I did try.  

The skill trees are a bit confusing at first but there are a shit ton of tool tips for folks who want to min-max.  But from what I hear min-maxxing is not a thing like it is in D4 or at least not as important.  Each skill has it's own skill tree.  So, get the basic spell and modify it to do what you want it to do.

Graphics seem ok so far but I've not payed a lot of attention to them versus trying to get used to gameplay which is similar to D4 but for some reason feels a tad more, strange.  Still hitting the wrong buttons too much.  Accidentally burning through my health potions trying to cast a spell.  But it does seem that if you use a potion then the enemies will start dropping some for you to pick up.

One glaring change is that LE has a VERY robust loot filter.  You could literally spend an hour setting up just one loot filter if you were so inclined.

One thing that is also different that could be good or bad depending on your POV is when you portal anywhere the place you are is all un-revealed map.  So you go back to town and it's all fogged over again.  Go back to where you ported from and it too is all fogged over again.  The loot chests and mobs all spawn back including mini bosses.  So, if you wanted to farm a mini boss then it becomes easy.  However, if you were trying to clear the map before moving on then you either start over or just say screw it and continue on.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:25:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok now that I am in the end game I will say I like this much better than Diablo4.

The fact it has a loot filter is a game changer.  You can set it up to look for exactly what you are after and hide everything else.  Uniques are not unique as they are in D4.  You get tons of them.  Legendaries however are still eluding me.  I've gotten one but it has ""Weavers Will" on it which is very cool.  Weavers will is something that comes on gear rarely.  It actually levels the gear up automatically and adds affixes as you use it.

The questing seems more direct and easier to follow.  I finished the main game around level 60ish.  In the end game the timeline is shattered and you must stabilize it and defeat the creatures damaging it.  As you do this, it opens more difficult areas to you with greater rewards for greater risk.

Crafting is very useful and something you should be doing from the very beginning.  Decide what kind of character you want to be and start changing your gear to suit.  All your spells will tell you what affixes improve them.  Pay attention to this as it did not dawn on me till my late 40's that adding "fire" affixes to my gear did nothing to improve my minions.

Character creation is typical but the way you play that character it entirely up to you.  The way the game does skills and specializations is the way it ought to be.

Every skill you pick has a talent tree to improve it the way you want.  You want to shoot ice orbs rather than fireballs?  You can do it.  Re-speccing is easy and costs a little bit of gold.  So feel free to try different things.

Once chosen, your mastery cannot change.  Choosing your mastery allows you full access to that skill tree in addition to your base skill tree.  However, you still get access to the first 50% of the other two skills you did not choose.

The best part is there are really no meta builds as in D4.  Just about any build you want to do is going to be viable.  I press two buttons in combat out of five available and my guy is destroying everything (most of the time).  There are even a few one skill builds that wreck stuff.

So I say if you liked D4 you'll enjoy Last Epoch.

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 3:36:32 PM EDT
[#3]
IMO....
D4 has better campaign.
Last Epoch has better everything else.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:53:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Skootr:
IMO....
D4 has better campaign.
Last Epoch has better everything else.
View Quote

I do agree. D4 storyline is engaging and you know who the good guys are and who the bad guys are.  LE storyline is confusing and I had no idea who was/is the bad guy or why.  I just ran around like a chicken chucking my undead minions at anything that moved.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top