Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2021 9:04:46 PM EDT
I'm currently running a legacy version of Photoshop Lightroom (v.6.14). I didn't want to buy into the monthly subscription model for my hobby so I'm committed to v.6.14.

I currently use a Lenovo Ideapad U410 Touch (2013 model, 14" non-callibratable screen, i7 @ 2Ghz, 8GB ram, 64bit) and that's what I'm running Lightroom on. It seems as though this current laptop is starting to really chug along loading my libraries and resolving photos in Lightroom.

I'm not committed to a particular brand and am looking for value performance. Does anyone here have experience running Lightroom 6.14 on a newer laptop? Are there any issues I should be aware of, or will I have a universally better experience if I choose something like a Dell XPS or a higher end Lenovo Thinkpad? I'm also looking to run Gimp and Inkscape more smoothly.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump for responses.

Does anyone here use Lightroom 6.14?
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#2]
CS6 is pretty much deprecated on every current OS. By design obviously.

If you want to continue with LR and a current OS, you have to subscribe.

If you want to make a change, I'd suggest Capture One. It kicks the xxxx out of LR anyhow. All assuming you are shooting raw and know what you are doing.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 8:01:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. I'll look into Capture One.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 10:23:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CS6 is pretty much deprecated on every current OS. By design obviously.

If you want to continue with LR and a current OS, you have to subscribe.

If you want to make a change, I'd suggest Capture One. It kicks the xxxx out of LR anyhow. All assuming you are shooting raw and know what you are doing.
View Quote

“Deprecated”? It’s ancient software by Moore’s law standards… it’s so old that years ago they turned off the registration system and were letting people use it for free.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

“Deprecated”? It’s ancient software by Moore’s law standards… it’s so old that years ago they turned off the registration system and were letting people use it for free.
View Quote

lol, true.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 8:42:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I kinda wish my username was "deprecated"? now. Hah.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top