Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2018 1:42:41 AM EDT
Doable?  1 is a partnership, other LLC in other state is just me.  Different functions for each LLC
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 8:07:46 AM EDT
[#1]
why would it not be?  they gonna sue each other for name infringement?
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 9:27:09 AM EDT
[#2]
i figureed it would be OK.  ill put it in the operating agreement for the partnership co that the singleowner LLC can use the name for its special purpose
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:05:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I know my LLC's name is in multiple states, because I occasionally get contacted by someone thinking that mine is one of the others.

Apparently one hasn't paid its state sales, WC, UI, income taxes, etc. in quite a few years.

Another is in a neighboring state and has a metric ton of PO'ed customers; that LLC took their money and ran.

Fortunately it's easy enough to prove that we are not them.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 11:20:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Just so I understand the question, you want to form one 2-member LLC in state A (what you call the partnership) and one 1-member LLC in state B (just you), both having the same name but operating different businesses?
You could do it, but why?
I'd think it'd lead to confusion, especially with the accounting.
What happens when your partner asks why that $10,000 check to LINKEDm4, LLC wasn't deposited in the "state A" checking account where he gets half?
Why not LINKEDm4 Machines, LLC in state A and LINKEDm4 Consulting, LLC in state B, or whatever fits your plans?
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Make sure YOU understand the rules in EACH state for LLCs.

Different states (even adjacent states) can have important differences in how an LLC
must be administered (and documents filed) to remain valid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top