Page / 4
Posted: 9/5/2020 12:08:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting read

Thank you
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 1:59:54 PM EDT
[#2]
MD denied my carry permit renewal and told me just carry anyway since you're sworn....

So when I get revoked for an injury, I can't carry.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/E8annez.jpg

The Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act, otherwise commonly known as HR218 due to the original legislative bill number is a Federal Law that grants qualified individuals the legal abulity to carry nationwide in all fifty states and territories. It seems simple enough and many think it is a national CCW permit. But the honest truth is it isn't.

LEOSA does have its caveats. It isn't universal in its rules.

1. You aren't exempt from the Federal Gun Free School Zone Act nor are you exempt from State Prohibition due to Location or Private Property Laws. If Minnesota for example allows the "no concealed carry signs" to carry the weight of law. Then you're barred from carrying at the Mall of America if they have such a sign. Since Florida bars carry in polling places. You can't carry there when you go vote. Same goes with bans on carrying in places like bars, government buildings, post offices, etc.

State issued CCW permits (or Constitutional Carry States) usually grant greater privileges for carrying than LEOSA does.

2. The law says who qualifies. But the reality it is much murkier. Each State defines who is and isn't law enforcement. LEOSA in a nut shell says you qualify if you have arrest powers and can carry a gun on and off duty. New Mexico for instance doesn't allow Reserve Police Officers to carry off duty or have arrest powers off duty. So they don't qualify and that was an issue with Lake Arthur, NM and the pay to play badge scheme.

In Florida, Correctional Officers recently became qualified by statute since they weren't considered law enforcement. But that has recently changed when Gov. DeSantis signed a bill into law. In Washington DC, Correctional Officers weren't qualified until they sued the government and won. Federal Law Enforcement Agencies under the Executive Branch also weren't originally qualified nor were Military Police. But that changed with legislation.

In the end, each State and Territory governs who is and isn't qualified.

3. It isn't automatic. Right now, you must be either actively sworn or if separated from an agency you have to either have an aggregate of 10 years or more and have separated from the agency in "good standing". If under 10 years then you have to have been medically retired and it had to have been after your training period.

There is no definition on what a separation with "good standing" is.

This segways into the next part.

4. Issuance of LEOSA Credentials isn't automatic and not required by anyone. The Federal 11th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled in Camille Burban v. The City of Neptune Beach that there was no private cause of action under LEOSA that would entitle a former officer to relief after his/her application for an identification card was denied.

Basically, it is up to each agency to issue LEOSA Credentials to who they seem fit and they csn develop their own internal policy. If an agency doesn't want to issue anyone LEOSA Credentials they can do that. If they want to stipulate that an officer must do 30 years with the department to qualify for LEOSA Credentials they can do that.

5. States can set additional requirements. New Jersey makes their separated officers get a RPO permit and limit it to people under the age of 75. Illinois requires that separated officers there get a FOID card.

8. Qualified Separated Officers have to qualify annually. Each state is allowed to set up those requirements. No agency is required to put separated officers through a qualification course.

9. LEOSA is an administrative defense. It doesn't prevent any jurisdiction from arresting someone (as NYS and NYC has done in the past).

10. LEOSA is not permanent. You can be actively sworn and for reasons outside of your control. You can be placed on administrative leave due to a bogus complaint filed against you. While on administrative leave, you might be stripped of your authorization to carry off duty under the badge.

So with all that out there. If you qualify and actually have LEOSA Credentials and happen to live in a place where you can get a CCW Permit.

https://i.imgur.com/6bjiLK6.jpg

Do it and get one. Don't just rely on LEOSA.
View Quote
state CCW does not give greater privileges in Texas.
Other than bypassing NICs for a gun purchase.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 2:05:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting read

Thank you
View Quote

Number 8 sounds like a big road block. Particularly if you move away after you retire?
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 2:10:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I retired Fed LE 11 years ago, and also recommend getting your state issued LTC, CHL, etc, instead of relying on LEOSA alone.  Carrying retirement credentials and qualifying annually to get the state issued LEOSA LTC can be a pain in the ass for retired Fed LEO's.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 2:11:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 2:14:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That's greater privileges. Also you can open carry under a TX Permit. You can't open carry under LEOSA.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act, otherwise commonly known as HR218 due to the original legislative bill number is a Federal Law that grants qualified individuals the legal abulity to carry nationwide in all fifty states and territories. It seems simple enough and many think it is a national CCW permit. But the honest truth is it isn't.

1. You aren't exempt from the Federal Gun Free School Zone Act nor are you exempt from State Prohibition due to Location or Private Property Laws. If Minnesota for example allows the "no concealed carry signs" to carry the weight of law. Then you're barred from carrying at the Mall of America if they have such a sign. Since Florida bars carry in polling places. You can't carry there when you go vote. Same goes with bans on carrying in places like bars, government buildings, post offices, etc.

State issued CCW permits (or Constitutional Carry States) usually grant greater privileges for carrying than LEOSA does.

2. The law says who qualifies. But the reality it is much murkier. Each State defines who is and isn't law enforcement. LEOSA in a nut shell says you qualify if you have arrest powers and can carry a gun on and off duty. New Mexico for instance doesn't allow Reserve Police Officers to carry off duty or have arrest powers off duty. So they don't qualify and that was an issue with Lake Arthur, NM and the pay to play badge scheme.

In Florida, Correctional Officers recently became qualified by statute since they weren't considered law enforcement. But that has recently changed when Gov. DeSantis signed a bill into law. In Washington DC, Correctional Officers weren't qualified until they sued the government and won. Federal Law Enforcement Agencies under the Executive Branch also weren't originally qualified nor were Military Police. But that changed with legislation.

3. It isn't automatic. Right now, you must be either actively sworn or if separated from an agency you have to either have an aggregate of 10 years or more and have separated from the agency in "good standing". If under 10 years then you have to have been medically retired and it had to have been after your training period.

4. Issuance of LEOSA Credentials isn't automatic and not required by anyone. The Federal 11th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled in Camille Burban v. The City of Neptune Beach that there was no private cause of action under LEOSA that would entitle a former officer to relief after his/her application for an identification card was denied.

Basically, it is up to each agency to issue LEOSA Credentials to who they seem fit and they csn develop their own internal policy. If an agency doesn't want to issue anyone LEOSA Credentials they can do that. If they want to stipulate that an officer must do 30 years with the department to qualify for LEOSA Credentials they can do that.

5. States can set additional requirements. New Jersey makes their separated officers get a RPO permit and limit it to people under the age of 75. Illinois requires that separated officers there get a FOID card.

8. Qualified Separated Officers have to qualify annually. Each state is allowed to set up those requirements. No agency is required to put separated officers through a qualification course.

9. LEOSA is an administrative defense. It doesn't prevent any jurisdiction from arresting someone (as NYS and NYC has done in the past).

10. LEOSA is not permanent. You can be actively sworn and for reasons outside of your control. You can be placed on administrative leave due to a bogus complaint filed against you. While on administrative leave, you might be stripped of your authorization to carry off duty under the badge.

So with all that out there. If you qualify and actually have LEOSA Credentials and happen to live in a place where you can get a CCW Permit.

That's greater privileges. Also you can open carry under a TX Permit. You can't open carry under LEOSA.

Cops working part time jobs in uniform can’t open carry?
While you’re googling, check to see if an off duty or retired cop can legally carry into places that have the 30.06-30.07 sign
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 2:19:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 2:23:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Retired cops carrying solely on LEOSA sure can't. If I didn't have my FL CCW and went to TX. I wouldn't be able to open carry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cops working part time jobs in uniform can't open carry?
While you're googling, check to see if an off duty or retired cop can legally carry into places that have the 30.06-30.07 sign
Retired cops carrying solely on LEOSA sure can't. If I didn't have my FL CCW and went to TX. I wouldn't be able to open carry.

Retired cops true, but not active cops. I have a texas LTC; I could not carry in upstate New York with it. I did carry in upstate New York, a Glock 43x under LEOSA
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 2:26:10 PM EDT
[#10]
In NC you have to requalify each year. I got tired of that and just went with CC permit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 2:27:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
In NC you have to requalify each year. I got tired of that and just went with CC permit.
View Quote

An hour of my time once a year is worth it to be able to carry places my texas LTC won’t pass muster.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 2:29:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Concealed is concealed.

I'll weigh the perceived risks and punishment and probably take my chances.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 2:32:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Concealed is concealed.

View Quote

Stack the deck in your favor.  Legally and tactically.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Wingardium LEOSA!
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#15]
I retired from the FBOP & was covered by LEOSA.  Annual certification after retirement was easy in WV, just call & make an appointment with a WV state police firearms instructor & run the course of fire.  No cost, just supply your own ammo.   Unfortunately after moving to NC I found there is no easy mechanism there for a retiree from a non-NC position to get re-certified.  Multiple calls, emails, etc & no clear cut road map to get it done.  I just have to keep my NC CCW current & keep an eye on reciprocity when traveling (nation wide coverage was a real benefit of LEOSA).
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 2:42:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Funny just applied to qualify again today. Have to every year. Guys that moved out of state make the trip every year.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 2:43:17 PM EDT
[#17]
LEOSA can be a pain in the ass so I just have my CCP.  I'm eligible for LEOSA, but the agency I retired from requires 15 years before they'll issue a retiree ID Card.  I always make sure to renew my Concealed Carry Permit and I don't travel to states that do not offer reciprocity with WY anyway.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 2:51:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I retired from the FBOP & was covered by LEOSA.  Annual certification after retirement was easy in WV, just call & make an appointment with a WV state police firearms instructor & run the course of fire.  No cost, just supply your own ammo.   Unfortunately after moving to NC I found there is no easy mechanism there for a retiree from a non-NC position to get re-certified.  Multiple calls, emails, etc & no clear cut road map to get it done.  I just have to keep my NC CCW current & keep an eye on reciprocity when traveling (nation wide coverage was a real benefit of LEOSA).
View Quote

OP states CCW gives more privileges; OP is wrong.
I have family and friends in Illinois; long before the state grudgingly started issuing CCW I carried legally in the state when visiting.
My Texas LTC would not have mattered.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 2:54:42 PM EDT
[#19]
I retire (fed) at the end of the year and will get mt LEOSA and AZ CCW plus whatever else I can get to cover as much ground,

It's a minefield to maintain such knowledge with what, where, and when.

It's time to have a blanket national CCW for all who can get it. One that supersedes state and local restrictions with the "may issue states". Driver's licenses and CDL are treated as such so why not CCW?  Now with real ID and trusted traveler in place this is doable.  We aren't going to see a national constitutional carry happening anytime in our lifetime so this needs to be pushed harder.  

And yeah, I don't need to hear from the "bootlicker/I don't ask permission/sell out"crowd.  It is what it is.  I would support non-LE background who deserve the same treatment.

Do one BG, do one bi or annual (should be quarterly but I digress) qual, no mag, gun or ammo restriction, any state any city, no school zone.  Heck toss in a written test in there if they f-ing want.  Reasonable restrictions of course where I can see.  Court houses, nuclear power plants, restricted mil bases, etc.  

Yeah, I do wish it doesn't have to be.  But realistically 98% of those out there who can and are willing are not going to have a problem.  We need well trained armed citizens everywhere.

And even say shitcan the NFA. or at bare minimum, all NFA should be as simple to get as any other gun.  

In my 28 years LE I've encountered many armed citizens not committing crimes.  And many were proficient in the use if firearms,  while others.. no comment.  So those who were should be in the same level as LE and those with national authority to carry.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I know everyone hates the NRA now, WLP suits and all that.. But the NRA HQ range in Fairfax,VA does LEOSA qualifications once a month.   The range sells ammo too.    Fly in, check into hotel. go to the Udvar Hazy Smithsonian Air & Space museum, go grab dinner, get some sleep. Qualify next day, hit the NRA HQ museum and then go back to airport.   There's also George Washington's Mt Vernon estate, the Marine Corps museum in Quantico and the Army museum will be opening in Ft. Belvoir soon. No reason to go to DC.  

LEOSA also doesn't make you immune to magazine capacity restrictions in some states unless you're on duty, on official business. A way to muddy the waters is to download your mags.

* Not Legal Advice*
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 2:57:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

An hour of my time once a year is worth it to be able to carry places my texas LTC won’t pass muster.
View Quote

ryann, TX has a more unique manner in dealing with retired officers as you know under the Occupations Code.  It's basically like still being on active status while carrying concealed as far as the lack of prohibitions...in TX of course.  While it qualifies under the LEOSA umbrella, it's really a stand alone state regulation.  I got my department to add the "LEOSA" designation to our retired ID qualification card that before had only mentioned the Occupations Code.  I did that only due to the possibililty of running into an LEO in another state who was clueless.  If an out-of-state Barney was determined to push something if he/she somehow found out you were carrying...even legally under LEOSA...I can see trying to convince that LEO that the TX Occupations Code regulation met LEOSA requirements.  They might not even know what LEOSA was, but they can Google that on their phone or have a supervisor or HQ research that term, and it would return with more definitive conclusion than the TX Occupations Code.  Just something that crossed my mind.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 2:57:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Concealed is concealed.

The Texas Municipal Police Association offers coverage for retired cops for $3 a month.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I know everyone hates the NRA now, WLP suits and all that.. But the NRA HQ range in Fairfax,VA does LEOSA qualifications once a month.   The range sells ammo too.    Fly in, check into hotel. go to the Udvar Hazy Smithsonian Air & Space museum, go grab dinner, get some sleep. Qualify next day, hit the NRA HQ museum and then go back to airport.   There's also George Washington's Mt Vernon estate, the Marine Corps museum in Quantico and the Army museum will be opening in Ft. Belvoir soon. No reason to go to DC.  

LEOSA also doesn't make you immune to magazine capacity restrictions in some states unless you're on duty, on official business. A way to muddy the waters is to download your mags.

* Not Legal Advice*
View Quote

I was under the impression this was not the case.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 2:59:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

* Not Legal Advice*
View Quote

Exactly why the 43X is the perfect road trip gun.  I could be mistaken but I think every state allows 10 round mags.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

ryann, TX has a more unique manner in dealing with retired officers as you know under the Occupations Code.  It's basically like still being on active status while carrying concealed as far as the lack of prohibitions...in TX of course.  While it qualifies under the LEOSA umbrella, it's really a stand alone state regulation.  I got my department to add the "LEOSA" designation to our retired ID qualification card that before had only mentioned the Occupations Code.  I did that only due to the possibililty of running into an LEO in another state who was clueless.  If an out-of-state Barney was determined to push something if he/she somehow found out you were carrying...even legally under LEOSA...I can see trying to convince that LEO that the TX Occupations Code regulation met LEOSA requirements.  They might not even know what LEOSA was, but they can Google that on their phone or have a supervisor or HQ research that term, and it would return with more definitive conclusion than the TX Occupations Code.  Just something that crossed my mind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My old department issues a card with an expiration date on it every year proving qualification.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah I came to the conclusion a while back that LEOSA is retarded. I have a lot of private security officers that are sworn LE in our state ask if they qualify, since they have the same authority as any other LEO, and I tell them no, only applies to .gov agencies. Shits stupid anyways. You should be able to carry in all 50 states, it's that whole 2nd Amendment thing.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 3:01:47 PM EDT
[#27]
My Sheriff makes us get a CCW anyway.  His rationale is solid.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 3:08:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

* Not Legal Advice*
View Quote

Is their range even open?  I know the museum employees are furloughed.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 3:13:01 PM EDT
[#29]
LEOSA= rules for thee but not for me. It has always irked me. I don't believe that chosen profession should grant you extra rights.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 3:13:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
LEOSA= rules for thee but not for me. It has always irked me. I don't believe that chosen profession should grant you extra rights.
View Quote

I believe that too, but when so many members on this board cried that I shouldn’t have it and it should be taken away because they don’t have it, I quit caring.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It depends on where you live. In FL, my CCW lets me skip the mandatory waiting period for a gun purchase from a FFL and it lets me carry at the State Capitol. LEOSA alone doesn't do that. In Mississippi, they have an "enhanced permit" that lets you carry where LEOSA and a regular permit doesn't. Tennessee has a similar system too. You yourself stated that in Texas, a permit lets you skip the background. Can't do that with LEOSA alone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP states CCW gives more privileges; OP is wrong.
I have family and friends in Illinois; long before the state grudgingly started issuing CCW I carried legally in the state when visiting.
My Texas LTC would not have mattered.
It depends on where you live. In FL, my CCW lets me skip the mandatory waiting period for a gun purchase from a FFL and it lets me carry at the State Capitol. LEOSA alone doesn't do that. In Mississippi, they have an "enhanced permit" that lets you carry where LEOSA and a regular permit doesn't. Tennessee has a similar system too. You yourself stated that in Texas, a permit lets you skip the background. Can't do that with LEOSA alone.

I couldn’t carry a gun in my home state with a CCW alone.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 3:18:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Sorry to say this guys but as a non-LE this really grinds my gears, since again provides special rights to, or rather doesn't erode the rights of LE vs. us plebes.

Retired should have no more or less privilege than the average Joe.   Oh, you pissed off lots of cartels, etc. with a massive bust at some point and there is a price on your head? Sorry.  Move to a state that respects your rights more and go thru the same CCW permit process as the rest of us.  I guess if it is a big enough price I could be OK with you getting disappeared in the witness protection program.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 3:19:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You have to qualify in the State you reside in. If I lived in VA I could qual there. I can't since I live in FL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

* Not Legal Advice*
You have to qualify in the State you reside in. If I lived in VA I could qual there. I can't since I live in FL.

Back to ccw v LEOSA-are you saying in texas an off duty cop has to abide by a 30.06 or 30.07 sign?
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 3:20:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Sorry to say this guys but as a non-LE this really grinds my gears, since again provides special rights to, or rather doesn't erode the rights of LE vs. us plebes.

Retired should have no more or less privilege than the average Joe.   Oh, you pissed off lots of cartels, etc. with a massive bust at some point and there is a price on your head? Sorry.  Move to a state that respects your rights more and go thru the same CCW permit process as the rest of us.  I guess if it is a big enough price I could be OK with you getting disappeared in the witness protection program.
View Quote

U mad bro?
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 3:22:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Retired FED LEO and I’ve carried under LEOSA for eleven years now. Qualify every year by taking a class given by the local PD at one of the colleges here.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Gee, yet another jealous police-wannabe that couldn’t get hired on so now he’s pissed at those of us that did.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 3:40:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 4:12:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Depends on however Texas does things. In FL, property owners can bar even actively sworn and employed cops from carrying on their property when the cops are off duty. Disney and Universal sure as hell does.

The US is not Texas, hence the OP is a generalization of things. Different states do things differently.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

* Not Legal Advice*

Back to ccw v LEOSA-are you saying in texas an off duty cop has to abide by a 30.06 or 30.07 sign?
Depends on however Texas does things. In FL, property owners can bar even actively sworn and employed cops from carrying on their property when the cops are off duty. Disney and Universal sure as hell does.

The US is not Texas, hence the OP is a generalization of things. Different states do things differently.

That’s why you should pause before making sweeping statements like posting CCW offers more privileges than LEOSA.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 4:18:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I believe that too, but when so many members on this board cried that I shouldn’t have it and it should be taken away because they don’t have it, I quit caring.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the problem though. You have the ability not to care because you have the extra privileges. It's classic divide and conquer. I've made the argument numerous times that it would be a lot easier to get a national CCW if we had all the cops and their respective lobbies and unions with us. Instead we all fight alone and continue to lose ground. One of the many things that leads to the whole us vs them mentality is perceived disparities.

Quoted:

Gee, yet another jealous police-wannabe that couldn’t get hired on so now he’s pissed at those of us that did.  

This is such a stupid argument to make. I am not mad about not being a cop I am mad that your chosen profession has somehow convinced the ruling class that you deserve special privileges. There are hundreds of thousands of people that are more qualified to shoot and carry than most cops yet they aren't allowed to do so. It's a joke.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#45]
People who were MPs or rated MAs can get LEOSA cards too if they did something like 10 years, retired, or medically separated.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 4:26:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That’s why you should pause before making sweeping statements like posting CCW offers more privileges than LEOSA.
View Quote

I recently Lived in NH, and now I am in PA, I have LEOSA but I also have active CCW permits for both states.  Both state's permits grant me more leeway then LEOSA does.

Link Posted: 9/5/2020 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That's the problem though. You have the ability not to care because you have the extra privileges. It's classic divide and conquer. I've made the argument numerous times that it would be a lot easier to get a national CCW if we had all the cops and their respective lobbies and unions with us. Instead we all fight alone and continue to lose ground. One of the many things that leads to the whole us vs them mentality is perceived disparities.

This is such a stupid argument to make. I am not mad about not being a cop I am mad that your chosen profession has somehow convinced the ruling class that you deserve special privileges. There are hundreds of thousands of people that are more qualified to shoot and carry than most cops yet they aren't allowed to do so. It's a joke.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Life ain’t fair kid.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#48]
even with LEOSA you'd probably still get thrown in jail if caught with a gun NJ
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I recently Lived in NH, and now I am in PA, I have LEOSA but I also have active CCW permits for both states.  Both state's permits grant me more leeway then LEOSA does.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are the perks over LEOSA? In TX I don’t open carry, so my LTC doesn’t benefit me there. I do like to buy and trade guns, skipping NICS is nice but not a deal breaker.
As I posted earlier, I can visit my home state of Illinois without having to research reciprocal agreements, and I can drive anywhere in the country confident that my 43x meets all state laws.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
even with LEOSA you'd probably still get thrown in jail if caught with a gun NJ
View Quote

Federal law trumps nj law
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top