Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2023 11:18:16 AM EDT
Going with Sony, 65 inch

Honestly cannot decide between LED or OLED.

Opinions, experiences?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 12:16:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Purchased a 73” LG c1 last year and love it. Same panel as the Sony.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 12:34:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kraquine] [#2]
Have you been here?

RTiNGS

OLED vs  QLED vs LED
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 12:25:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I was tired of blooming and went with OLED. Was concerned about brightness but hasn’t really been an issue.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 9:24:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kraquine:
Have you been here?

RTiNGS

OLED vs  QLED vs LED
View Quote

Thanks for that link. Will help me in the tv buying process in a few weeks. I'll be going with an LED TV.

"LED and QLED TVs appear to be immune to burn-in, so you can easily use them as PC monitors and not worry about damaging the panel." Was looking at OLEDs until I saw that.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 9:53:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Will have this delivered on Friday.  https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-65-class-bravia-xr-x95k-4k-hdr-mini-led-google-tv/6500888.p?skuId=6500888

I saw this tv next to some other higher end Sony TVs and the picture is so much sharper and vibrant.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:01:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Finally pulled the trigger on an OLED.  Been wanting one for a good minute.  Got a refurbished LG C2 77" from Microcenter. Aside from the info in settings saying that it'd been on for ~140 hrs, it's indistinguishable from new; not even a problem pixel out of the 8.3 million.

You'll never convince me that a better quality display is even possible.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:14:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Tras:
Finally pulled the trigger on an OLED.  Been wanting one for a good minute.  Got a refurbished LG C2 77" from Microcenter. Aside from the info in settings saying that it'd been on for ~140 hrs, it's indistinguishable from new; not even a problem pixel out of the 8.3 million.

You'll never convince me that a better quality display is even possible.
View Quote

The newer C3/G3 and Sony A95K can do even better, but the incremental improvements/increases in brightness and color gamut aren't enough for me to make the jump from my 83" C2 (and the A95K doesn't come that big).

Since I'm more of a dark room viewer, the higher brightness of the newer models isn't a big draw. The C2's HDR looks great as it is.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:27:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 1shott:
Going with Sony, 65 inch

Honestly cannot decide between LED or OLED.

Opinions, experiences?

Thanks
View Quote

Gotta ask yourself what YOUR most important criteria are.

Inky blacks? OLED
Daylight viewing with open windows/lots of ambient light? Maybe LED
Hate blooming ((when anything bright onscreen makes the surrounding dark areas lighter/grayer)? OLED or maybe full array LED)?
Avoiding burn-in/image retention from lots of gaming, or watching news with static logos? LED.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:33:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I only notice the lack of total black when the screen is blank, normally when something else is on teh screen you really have to look to notice the lack of a jet black.
Older Samsung series 4000 hi def LED, maybe 10 years old?
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 9:51:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By motoguzzi:
I only notice the lack of total black when the screen is blank, normally when something else is on teh screen you really have to look to notice the lack of a jet black.
View Quote
That was me a week ago. Basically.  You'll only "get it" when you put an oled in your living room.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 1:12:14 PM EDT
[#11]
That was me a week ago. Basically.  You'll only "get it" when you put an oled in your living room.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By motoguzzi:

TBH, in this case (and probably lots of other things), ignorance really can be bliss.

In a way, I envy folks who've never jumped down the rabbit hole. Once you dive in, there's no turning back and no escape. When you learn what things like DSE/Dirty Screen Effect, Rainbow Effect, Blooming, Display Lag, Sample Hold, False Contouring, Haloing, Fringing etc., you can never un-see them.

Likewise, if you've never heard of it, DO NOT download Harman's How-To-Listen software. Once you train your ears, there's no going back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top