Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2021 7:50:57 AM EDT
Between a 18 month hiatus and the current ammo situation, do you think that they will have shoots again?

(Yes I searched before I posted with no hits)
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:24:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:31:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Ever is a long time.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:14:03 AM EDT
[#3]
That's a twice a year trip I've missed immensely. Been going for years.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:16:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Between a 18 month hiatus and the current ammo situation, do you think that they will have shoots again?

(Yes I searched before I posted with no hits)
View Quote

The guys that own MGs that go to that shoot don’t just. It ammo as they go.

They had pallets coming in during the salad days.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:19:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a twice a year trip I've missed immensely. Been going for years.
View Quote

That’s a terrible user name you will regret if you are still are kind 10 years from now.

But yes they will have shoots in the future. Just to much liability to gather that many people and then have someone say “I’m suing you because I for covid at your event”
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:20:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like a hotbed of domestic terrorists. The new regime frowns on such freedom loving hijinks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:21:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Huh?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:24:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They had pallets coming in during the salad days.
View Quote

Yeah most MG owners stack ammo deep, in the tens or even hundreds of thousand of rounds. Also a lot reload to push their costs even lower. I know reloading folks that buy primers and bullets by the tens of thousands, powder by the gal jugs and have a garage full of 5 gal buckets of brass. Ammo shortages are laughable to these people.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:30:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Back in the day I stumbled upon a few members having a private machine gun shoot at an obscure local range.

They had brought a rake to clear the links and cases from their position.

And it was necessary

It was the last of their 8mm.  I don’t really understand the 8mm story. But apparently they bought pallets of it for pennies a round.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:55:26 AM EDT
[#10]
FA airsoft...
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:57:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a feeling it's not ever going to come back.

I hope I'm wrong.

If not, I'll see you there .
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:06:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a feeling it's not ever going to come back.

I hope I'm wrong.

If not, I'll see you there .
View Quote

I've been there 5 times, I don't think it's coming back.

The gun show was progressively getting worse and the attendance while still large was on the decline.

Last time I was there only one vendor was selling x39.

Plus they scaled back to a 2 day show from a 3 day last time too.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:10:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I hope so. This was going to be my first time going.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#14]
But will it make the national news...

...as some Fake News firefight in the ME?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yeah most MG owners stack ammo deep, in the tens or even hundreds of thousand of rounds. Also a lot reload to push their costs even lower. I know reloading folks that buy primers and bullets by the tens of thousands, powder by the gal jugs and have a garage full of 5 gal buckets of brass. Ammo shortages are laughable to these people.
View Quote

Yea but the main guy who runs the machine gun rentals in the lower range doesn't.  He's a solid guy and does his best to keep prices reasonable.  That won't be possible.  Last I was there he couldn't get his m2 to run consistently because all he could get to make it affordable was steel case 30 carbine that wasn't strong enough.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:23:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I've been there 5 times, I don't think it's coming back.

The gun show was progressively getting worse and the attendance while still large was on the decline.

Last time I was there only one vendor was selling x39.

Plus they scaled back to a 2 day show from a 3 day last time too.
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:42:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yea but the main guy who runs the machine gun rentals in the lower range doesn't.  He's a solid guy and does his best to keep prices reasonable.  That won't be possible.  Last I was there he couldn't get his m2 to run consistently because all he could get to make it affordable was steel case 30 carbine that wasn't strong enough.
View Quote

Well gun shows in general have been on the decline for some time now. The access to cheap military surplus dried up decades ago. All they sell is cheap imported Chinese and Romanian shit that they add a 100% markup to.

Also there was a serious trump slump for the last 4 years. The two gun shops closest to me went out of business.

But we are basically entering Obama gun sales territory 2.0 If there is money to be made I don’t see why knob creek wouldn’t host a shoot again.  I would think worst case they back it down to once a year which would be easier to plan and would increase attendance.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:58:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Why are you trying to make a permanent template out of covid?  Do you think it will just jeep recycling itself and never pass?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:33:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Why are you trying to make a permanent template out of covid?  Do you think it will just jeep recycling itself and never pass?
View Quote

There's the world you want and the world you've got.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:45:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Back in the day I stumbled upon a few members having a private machine gun shoot at an obscure local range.

And it was necessary

It was the last of their 8mm.  I don’t really understand the 8mm story. But apparently they bought pallets of it for pennies a round.
View Quote

I remember buying a k98 just because 8mm was so cheap.  The cheapest I remember seeing it was 3.9 cents per round.  At the time, .22lr was about 2 cents per round at walmart.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:51:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Data and facts.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:53:57 AM EDT
[#22]
They'll be back with lots of vendors and pallets of   ammo as far as the eyes can see.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Haven’t been since 2001. Remember buying wolf 7.62x39 for $80 a case. Good times.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Come on man, thought this was gonna be a bourbon thread

Carry on.....
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:13:10 PM EDT
[#25]
No. They keep cowering to Covid. By the time it disappears, the shoot will be banned.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

And it was necessary

View Quote

8mm was stupid cheap at one point. I had a machine gun shooting friend that bought a u haul truck of 8mm on Vickers belts many years ago. He had so much that he converted his 1919 to 8mm . His cost was $40 per thousand.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:28:35 PM EDT
[#28]
I remember at one point it was cheaper to shoot Turkish 8mm than it was to shoot Mini-Mags. I could shoot a hell of a lot more Mini-Mags than I could 8mm's.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Sounds like a hotbed of domestic terrorists. The new regime frowns on such freedom loving hijinks.
View Quote

Well they did use footage of it and said it was a combat zone in Syria or Iraq
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top