Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2020 10:19:39 AM EDT
Has anyone seen one of these kits out in the wild yet?

Been eagerly awaiting it's release and review.  Supposedly released in February but still none to be seen.  Grrrr
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 11:31:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I have not heard that it was out, not heard of any release date.  The HH-60G was their last release in the series.  If any SH-60s had been made, they would be listed on their eBay store.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have not heard that it was out, not heard of any release date.  The HH-60G was their last release in the series.  If any SH-60s had been made, they would be listed on their eBay store.
View Quote

That's disappointing.  I need to get one before I forget all the little details from 20 years of working on them.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 7:58:43 PM EDT
[#3]
If it's anything like the last two Kitty Hawk kits that I had it will be disappointing. Uneven seems, warped fuselages. Just a big old mess
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 1:53:00 PM EDT
[#4]
academy  had a Seahawk, or the special operations version, not the sub hunter.
But wow, that was from 2014, and they are pretty pricey on eBay

And kittyhawk does seem to have some pretty poor reviews on various websites for its airplane kits.  Very poor fit with lots of gaps.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 2:30:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
academy  had a Seahawk, or the special operations version, not the sub hunter.
But wow, that was from 2014, and they are pretty pricey on eBay

And kittyhawk does seem to have some pretty poor reviews on various websites for its airplane kits.  Very poor fit with lots of gaps.
View Quote

I have a Kitty Hawk USMC Viper and a Venom and the fitment a both of their fuselages was bad enough to make me stop building them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:36:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I did see they posted more pictures of the Seahawk build.  Sadly I saw a LOT of things that were wrong especially for a model slated to cost $120.  The cockpit appears to be the newer all "glass" version which 99% of the Bravos were not.  I say 99% rather than 100% because in Key West we had a helo that started life as a Bravo that was converted to a foxtrot/hotel combo nightmare.

The nosebay is not even close to resembling the bravo.  The rotor head had several issues from what I could see as well. The SO console is very lacking in correct details, the RAST probe is missing, the soundproofing looks incorrect and it appears you can only build the block I version.

I specifically wanted to build an early block 0 bravo, Buno 162104, 425 with HSL-42.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 1:08:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Some pictures of the kit.

Link Posted: 4/15/2020 1:20:31 PM EDT
[#8]

There's no way that's a Kitty Hawk kit. It looks too good
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#9]
The more I look at it, it seems they just took parts of a Blackhawk and a SH-60R and SH-60S and bashed them into some semblance of a Bravo.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 6:07:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Well the kit has finally released.

I have one on order.

It looks like they fixed the cockpit to be correct.  The nosebay is still completely wrong.  Still no RAST probe, really??  The sound proofing is still all types of wrong especially the overhead and drip pan.  We'll see what else is good or bad when it finally gets here.

Kitty Hawk 1/35 SH 60B Sea Hawk review

Link Posted: 11/23/2020 1:39:08 PM EDT
[#11]
It finally came in!

The boss made me open the box outside because the address was Wuhan province China.

The box was crushed a bit so I opened it to check the contents.  All is good. Sometime this week I will go over the kit with pictures and note what is and is not correct for a Bravo and what version it would be correct for, block 0, block 1- or block 1.  But I did see some things that have to be removed already in my 10 second cursory glance.

Link Posted: 11/24/2020 8:56:25 AM EDT
[#12]
As a former Sonar Technician (Surface) that served on FFG's, worked closely with the embarked Helo DET's and, was the primary SQQ-28(V) ASO (Acoustic Sensor Operator) I have an affinity for ASW aviation assets with the SH-60B being number one and the P-3C Orion being a very close second.

My oldest son (12) and I are starting to get into building plastic models together and are always looking for cool and relevant models to build. He's getting ready to start on a Tamiya M-1 Abrams but I am on the lookout for his next model. Or maybe I'm just looking for myself?

I would love to see pics of your progress.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 10:49:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
As a former Sonar Technician (Surface) that served on FFG's, worked closely with the embarked Helo DET's and, was the primary SQQ-28(V) ASO (Acoustic Sensor Operator) I have an affinity for ASW aviation assets with the SH-60B being number one and the P-3C Orion being a very close second.

My oldest son (12) and I are starting to get into building plastic models together and are always looking for cool and relevant models to build. He's getting ready to start on a Tamiya M-1 Abrams but I am on the lookout for his next model. Or maybe I'm just looking for myself?

I would love to see pics of your progress.
View Quote

Spent quite a bit of time on FFG's as well as two CG's.  Going to CIC all the time to get the hawk link up and running.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 11:10:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Spent quite a bit of time on FFG's as well as two CG's.  Going to CIC all the time to get the hawk link up and running.
View Quote

Nice! I worked primarily with HSL-51 & HSL-47. Good old Hawk Link! I can't even begin to count how many times I got asked to reload "The Program" by the ASTAC out in Combat. Occasionally, we'd lose buoy data or telemetry and that would necessitate an SPOP (Ships Processor Operational Program) reload and reboot of Hawk Link. I spent a bit of time in Sonobouy Storage (1 & 2) as well as Helo Admin back in the port helo hanger. Good times!!
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 1:06:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Nice! I worked primarily with HSL-51 & HSL-47. Good old Hawk Link! I can't even begin to count how many times I got asked to reload "The Program" by the ASTAC out in Combat. Occasionally, we'd lose buoy data or telemetry and that would necessitate an SPOP (Ships Processor Operational Program) reload and reboot of Hawk Link. I spent a bit of time in Sonobouy Storage (1 & 2) as well as Helo Admin back in the port helo hanger. Good times!!
View Quote

The last Fig I was on we ended up cannibalizing our spectrum analyzer to fix the ship's spectrum analyzer.  They were also very anal about having Hawk link working at all times as well as the AAS-44 FLIR.  Which drove me up the wall because sometimes you cannot tell which side (ship or helo) is messing up as far as hawk goes.  My FLIR worked perfect and made it through the entire deployment on one turret.

We later found out why though.  Seems our helo was providing overwatch for a SEAL team boarding ships coming out of the Euphrates river at night.  The higher ups wanted to watch it in real time.

As for the model I can tell it was made with zero first hand knowledge of the actual aircraft.  It appears to have been made based on blackhawks and photographs.  It's also missing the port mainmount.  So now I get to see how customer service is Yay.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top