BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 6/11/2020 10:13:15 PM EDT
WWSD2020 Polymer Lower Update

@SinistralRifleman

SOON!  

ETA:  18 June announcement in next post.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:27:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Update on WWSD2020 (What Would Stoner Do) Project
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 7:10:42 AM EDT
[#2]
MSRP?
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 8:43:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Since Brownell's is the distributor and KE Arms the manufacturer, will this be called the BroKE-15?

Link Posted: 6/19/2020 8:44:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
MSRP?
View Quote
Link
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Since Brownell's is the distributor and KE Arms the manufacturer, will this be called the BroKE-15?

View Quote

oooofffff
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 8:48:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Literally have zero intrest in this rifle. Especially now that it's come out that Karl has aligned himself with pinko commie scum. What would Stoner do?
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 8:57:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Who is this Carl person?
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 8:58:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Literally have zero intrest in this rifle. Especially now that it's come out that Karl has aligned himself with pinko commie scum. What would Stoner do?
View Quote

These rumors keep going around but no one ever gives a cite.  It was rumored that Ian was Antifastan's security director.  He's not.

Karl is a Satanist.  That doesn't make him Antifa.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:05:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
MSRP?
View Quote

$90 Stripped.

Not a horrible price. I might have one before it's over with just to have something different. I like the older Cav-Arms version.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#10]
~90 for a stripped lower, ~160 for complete with vanilla parts. ~1700 for a complete rifle.

Honestly, a lot less then I'd have thought.

I'm in for a stripped lower, for sure. Kudos to KE for putting the time and effort into the tooling and bringing this style of lower back. I suspect he's severely understating the headache that came with developing it. Just getting a mold engineer who wouldn't ick out at the thought of working on a gun project was probably a real coup. I hope they sell enough to wear that tool right out.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#11]
NOPE!
Unless there is a good reason besides saving a half ounce of weight somewhere.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:11:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
These rumors keep going around but no one ever gives a cite.
View Quote

I think he refers to the anti-white racist #amplifymelanatedvoices campaign that Karl supports.

This thing:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:14:42 AM EDT
[#13]
No thanks. There are, IMHO, no advantages to making a lower from polymer. If an aluminum lower is too heavy for you, then you need to hit the gym.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:16:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Who is this Carl person?
View Quote

Karl and Ian are partners in Inrange TV.  That led to the What Would Stoner Do 2017 project, after which led to GWACS running out of lowers.  They didn't have the cash for a new mold, so they folded.

Our own SinistralRifleman came up w/ a new design that he named the KE Arms Mk3.  Karl and Ian are shooting partners of his, the three partnered w/ Brownell's, hence the WWSD2020 rifle.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:18:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I think he refers to anti-white racist #amplifymelanatedvoices campaign that Karl supports.

This thing:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/304912/364E1F54-D763-4FA7-9F2F-4F3BB90E4BF4_jpe-1444171.JPG
View Quote

I don't see suspending a channel for a week as pinko, but you do you.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:19:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Considering that it also replaces the need to buy a buffer tube, end plate, and castle nut, and stock, $90 for the stripped lower isn't a bad price.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
No thanks. There are, IMHO, no advantages to making a lower from polymer. If an aluminum lower is too heavy for you, then you need to hit the gym.
View Quote

This is where I'm at. We've got aluminum lowers under $50 and already light as hell, so I don't understand the attraction.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:23:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I built rifles on Cav Arms lowers for my four kids; with a pencil barrel it really keeps the weight down enough that they aren't fighting the weight as much.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:25:26 AM EDT
[#19]
I want one so bad. Alas I have two complete receiver sets sitting at home right now so I'll probably hold off for a bit. OD Green would be a great color option to add as well... hint hint.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I built rifles on Cav Arms lowers for my four kids; with a pencil barrel it really keeps the weight down enough that they aren't fighting the weight as much.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure it may be addressed somewhere in the videos, but I would like to know the actual difference in weight between this lower and the equivalent stocked aluminum lower (both with an A1 stock, and an M4 stock).
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:31:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I think he refers to the anti-white racist #amplifymelanatedvoices campaign that Karl supports.

This thing:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/304912/364E1F54-D763-4FA7-9F2F-4F3BB90E4BF4_jpe-1444171.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These rumors keep going around but no one ever gives a cite.

This thing:

That can't not be a troll hash tag.  We sure he wasn't just taking a convenient vacation?
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I want one so bad. Alas I have two complete receiver sets sitting at home right now so I'll probably hold off for a bit. OD Green would be a great color option to add as well... hint hint.
View Quote

Yes! I always wanted an OD Cav Arms lower.
Black,not so much.I have a few already.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:42:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That can't not be a troll hash tag.  We sure he wasn't just taking a convenient vacation?
View Quote

Read the thread here I linked. Or for TL/DR:

That was a campaign for SJWs by two anti-white ultrafeminist whatever ladies. If you took part, you either indicated that you belong to the social justice movement or at the very least support it. The premise was that as a white SJW, you are still not pure enough if you post supporting BLM and decry so called injustices to blacks. It's still white priviledge. According to the “shut up whitey” campaign you could only be virtuous if you banned yourself (for a week), banned all your white contacts (muted them in IG) and instead reposted only messages from black SJWs for a week.

That's the gist of it. And he supported it. And somehow deviantollam (a known leftist activist and supposedly Karl's friend) and a bunch of other pinkos argued for 8 pages that the #muted campaign somehow wasn't SJW propaganda. Which it was.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:58:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Gross
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:59:21 AM EDT
[#25]
I hope it succeeds.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#26]
I'll buy a couple, I like those lowers. I had a Cavarms one back in the day and stupidly sold it. I built a lightweight AR for my wife on a GWACS lower 4 years ago.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 10:04:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That was a campaign for SJWs by two anti-white ultrafeminist whatever ladies. If you took part, you either indicated that you belong to the social justice movement or at the very least support it. The premise was that as a white SJW, you are still not pure enough if you post supporting BLM and decry so called injustices to blacks. It's still white priviledge. According to the “shut up whitey” campaign you could only be virtuous if you banned yourself (for a week), banned all your white contacts (muted them in IG) and instead reposted only messages from black SJWs for a week.

That's the gist of it. And he supported it. And somehow deviantollam (a known leftist activist and supposedly Karl's friend) and a bunch of other pinkos argued for 8 pages that the #muted campaign somehow wasn't SJW propaganda. Which it was.
View Quote

Yep.

I like InRange's content, but I stopped my Patreon contributions after that.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 10:11:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Yep. They’re dead to me now.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 10:15:33 AM EDT
[#29]
I remember hearing about these and had no idea who was behind it.  However, I still don't see the appeal.  Is it just that its cheaper to buy a pre-made unit vs assembling your own?  Is it a weight savings?  I know prices have gone up recently due to the Cov and Boog, but before that AR's were the cheapest they had ever been.  What problem was this solution trying to solve?
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 10:20:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I remember hearing about these and had no idea who was behind it.  However, I still don't see the appeal.  Is it just that its cheaper to buy a pre-made unit vs assembling your own?  Is it a weight savings?  I know prices have gone up recently due to the Cov and Boog, but before that AR's were the cheapest they had ever been.  What problem was this solution trying to solve?
View Quote

IIRC a complete CAV / GWIZ / BroKE15 lower is 1 pound lighter than an aluminum lower with A2 stock. Or at least I remember reading that way back in the Cavarms days like 15 years ago.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 10:53:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 10:56:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 11:01:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If you didn't do ARs during thr Clinton AWB, you might not understand the appeal of the Cav Arms Polymer Lower.
View Quote

Pretty much.

It was quite a progressive idea 20 years ago.

Link Posted: 6/19/2020 11:03:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Same. He already annoyed me some in videos, but that post ended it for me. The hashtag is what really threw me off.

He jumped on this movement faster than some of my over-privileged 18yo cousins did

Quoted:
Who is this Carl person?

Guntuber turned BLM activist
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 11:10:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Same. He already annoyed me some in videos, but that post ended it for me. The hashtag is what really threw me off.

He jumped on this movement faster than some of my over-privileged 18yo cousins did

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Who is this Carl person?

Meh I'm not a fan of Karl but I see this as something different. I think I might still be down for a lower purchased directly through Brownell's.

Link Posted: 6/19/2020 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Nope. Actually had some interest until the "Muted" shit happened and the Satanist stuff came out. I will do absolutely nothing to support either
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#37]
With superior Forged aluminum lowers selling for as low as $39 and A2 stock sets available, Why should anyone care??
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

~90 for a stripped lower, ~160 for complete with vanilla parts. ~1700 for a complete rifle.

Honestly, a lot less then I'd have thought.

I'm in for a stripped lower, for sure. Kudos to KE for putting the time and effort into the tooling and bringing this style of lower back. I suspect he's severely understating the headache that came with developing it. Just getting a mold engineer who wouldn't ick out at the thought of working on a gun project was probably a real coup. I hope they sell enough to wear that tool right out.
View Quote

It's almost like Russell has over 20 years working in the gun business and specifically with the Cav style lower. He might know some of the people who do plastic work in the business. Just maybe.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

IIRC a complete CAV / GWIZ / BroKE15 lower is 1 pound lighter than an aluminum lower with A2 stock. Or at least I remember reading that way back in the Cavarms days like 15 years ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is true. You can get it lighter making some changes using lightweight parts in an aluminum receiver. But this is a better polymer lower solution. As it's stronger at the place most poly lowers fail.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 11:22:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Man, that is the key to your argument, that it's not enough weight reduction?
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
With superior Forged aluminum lowers selling for as low as $39 and A2 stock sets available, Why should anyone care??
View Quote

For the consumer it is actually cheaper.
$89 for a KE-15 polymer lower is the cheaper then your $39 forging, plus a $50 stock/receiver extension and $15 grip/screw. It actually comes out as cheaper and lighter.

Link Posted: 6/19/2020 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#43]
I like the idea, and the time and effort they are putting into it, but....

Ian is in a black Hawaiian Shirt, and the other guy has a Karen Haircut.

What kind of customer service will you get when you ask to speak to the manager, and Karen answers?

Kidding, just kidding.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 11:35:03 AM EDT
[#44]
What does the fire control pocket look like?  Hopefully they maximized the weight savings.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 11:39:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

What does the fire control pocket look like?  Hopefully they maximized the weight savings.
View Quote

It did sound like there were some concerns in that area. Also I think they did mention this one may be a bit heavier than the older versions in previous videos.  As they added qd pockets and what not.

If I find out a boogle won't fit. I'm out.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#46]
I do kinda want one, I just don't know what build I'd do with it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 12:07:15 PM EDT
[#48]
I won't be rushing out to buy one.  Maybe in a couple of years when real world feedback comes in and torture tests have been done I'll be more interested.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 12:10:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

ITT we will see the OP not read this and still white knight for Karl.  Coincidence that he spells it the same way Karl Marx did?  NOPE!
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Hopefully Ian will realize that throwing in with certain people is damaging to his brand. Even libertarians that fully support Karl's ability to be a troll believe in choosing personal associations in accordance with personal values and consequences in business for personal actions and behavior. I'm out. Too bad two decent guys fucked their branding by throwing in with someone I find distasteful.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top