Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2021 12:32:15 PM EDT
I go and break my damn ankle. Was doing really good this year keeping on my routine. Even had a plan for a new home gym at the new house. Now I'm derailed for 2-3 months when I was starting to see some good progress.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#1]
your arms still work don't they?  everyday is arm day lol
sorry bout your luck though, i am all to familiar with injuries completely derailing everything
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 1:17:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Ouch!  Sorry to hear about the busted ankle.  Hope you heal up quickly.  I broke my right ankle and when they got the cast off, I had one hell of a time stretching the tendons after several months of wearing that cast.  It gives me aches and pains now years later.  I hobble like an old man when I first get up in the morning thanks to that break.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
your arms still work don't they?  everyday is arm day lol

sorry bout your luck though, i am all to familiar with injuries completely derailing everything
View Quote

This.  When my shoulder was rekt, I did a TON of leg presses,  leg curls, sitting calves,  and donkey calves.   You're going to do the opposite!
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 6:25:15 PM EDT
[#4]
How did you break it?
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 7:48:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This.  When my shoulder was rekt, I did a TON of leg presses,  leg curls, sitting calves,  and donkey calves.   You're going to do the opposite!
View Quote

Repeat this.

It's an opportunity to really figure out how to work around the injury.

Just about anything upper body will be fine and depending on mobility, some pulls off the floor and even limited range of motion squatting (like 1/4 squats off pins for example).
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:45:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How did you break it?
View Quote
Moving into our new house carrying boxes down to the basement. Old house had 11 stairs, this one has 14. I thought I was at the bottom......I wasn't.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 1:36:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Repeat this.

Just about anything upper body will be fine and depending on mobility, some pulls off the floor and even limited range of motion squatting (like 1/4 squats off pins for example).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Repeat this.

OP can sit down and do pulldowns, curls, tricep presses, military presses, flies, rows (with one leg), darn near anything from the bottom of the rib cage up.  OP, it's time to get your GUNS ON.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 6:11:34 PM EDT
[#8]
That sucks, man.  I was doing real good last fall until I tore a meniscus.  Between waiting for consults, referrals, MRIs and insurance; I didn't get it scoped until February.  It's a set back but you'll get through it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top