Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/18/2021 12:55:28 PM EDT
White with the usual decals. Engine running out front of a restaurant unoccupied.

Literally sounded like heavy equipment running at a very active construction site.

That thing is a beast.  Too rich for my blood though.

My story was cool, bro.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 1:00:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Was Post Malone inside eating?

Link Posted: 9/18/2021 1:01:19 PM EDT
[#2]
just another ford truck....meh
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know what you're talking about but the pictures were a big help
Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 1:02:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this like a TRX ripoff?
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 1:02:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know what you're talking about but the pictures were a big help
Thanks!
View Quote
A truck with two axles in the rear
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 1:02:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Was a phone with a camera too rich for you?
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#7]
My dad has a 2018 velociraptor and it’s cool but Only if it’s a second car. Multiple issues and the downside is only Hennessy can really work on it. Hennessy is slow since they’re always backed up. His second car is a 2019 Mercedes s63 AMG so he doesn’t miss it much when it’s at Hennessy.

Also since it’s not the v8 anymore it sounds a bit silly to me. Makes lots of noises but you can tell it’s not the same deep roar of a V8. Also it randomly makes a backfiring noise all the time. At the time it was a known side affect that there was know solution for. Basically made the truck sound like it was sick and couching.

Again, the performance is there and it’s cool to have a truck that’s quicker than 99% of cars on the road. He has stated he wouldn’t buy another after all the issues though. If you can afford one just buy a nice (normal) truck and a fast car as a second vehicle.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 1:21:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Show us a pic of a Velociraptor somewhere other than a paved road…..  When I see one in Baja on the Baja 1000 course chasing for a race team and going faster than a Raptor or even my ‘00 Dodge CTD 2500 4wd I will be impressed.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 1:34:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My dad has a 2018 velociraptor and it’s cool but Only if it’s a second car. Multiple issues and the downside is only Hennessy can really work on it. Hennessy is slow since they’re always backed up. His second car is a 2019 Mercedes s63 AMG so he doesn’t miss it much when it’s at Hennessy.

Also since it’s not the v8 anymore it sounds a bit silly to me. Makes lots of noises but you can tell it’s not the same deep roar of a V8. Also it randomly makes a backfiring noise all the time. At the time it was a known side affect that there was know solution for. Basically made the truck sound like it was sick and couching.

Again, the performance is there and it’s cool to have a truck that’s quicker than 99% of cars on the road. He has stated he wouldn’t buy another after all the issues though. If you can afford one just buy a nice (normal) truck and a fast car as a second vehicle.
View Quote

Hennesey didn't do anything special that no one else who understands engine tuning cant do.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 1:46:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Hennesey didn't do anything special that no one else who understands engine tuning cant do.
View Quote

But the NAME! velociraptor and marketing.

I mean who wants to drive the Tuned Taradactyl?
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Multiple issues and the downside is only Hennessy can really work on it.
View Quote

FTFY

With their reputation, I wouldn't let Hennessy work on my lawnmower.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 1:55:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Was it smaller than you thought it was going to be?

A few months back, while looking for my non bird of prey model F150, I stumbled upon a super snake.  It was almost 4 years old, with a fair amount of miles on it, and they were asking......$100,000
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Was a phone with a camera too rich for you?
View Quote

No shit.

Hey guys, I saw Heidi Klum naked in my bed.

No pix tho...
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 3:10:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Saw this one recently at a local park I hike in.  Figured there must be a load of bricks or manure in the back.

Link Posted: 9/18/2021 3:11:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Dupe.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/5980/load_of_bricks_2-2095759.jpgSaw this one recently at a local park I hike in.  Figured there must be a load of bricks or manure in the back.

View Quote

Its a Ford, it has to squat to pee...just like the owner.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

FTFY

With their reputation, I wouldn't let Hennessy work on my lawnmower.
View Quote
Hell I wouldnt let them put air in a tire and even then you have to watch them like a hawk. Hell you should had witnessed Johnny boy blow up on people on the old car forums he was on. Much less the reports of him stealing parts off customers cars to sell to other customers.

Hell I would had let Boyd Coddingtons shop build something for me before I would use Hennessey.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why did your dad buy it?  Is it just a toy to show off or is there a functional reason he needed the extra rear axle?
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#19]
They’re nuts
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Retards designing pickups now.

All major brand 2500s are higher than previous models.  Because they "look cool"

You know what you buy a truck for?  Putting shit in it and taking shit out of it.  You know what is a pain in the ass?  Lifting heavy shit to high elevations.  Every inch of height is a PITA.  The bed went from waist to abdomen level.  But it looks cool...

Truck will not go into drive with door open.  PITA to hook up a trailer.  Hop in to nudge it back or forth an inch?  Nope.

Race pickups.  I'm going to go to a ferrari dealer and ask which model has the best trailer package.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 6:06:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Why did your dad buy it?  Is it just a toy to show off or is there a functional reason he needed the extra rear axle?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They make them in a SRW configuration.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Don’t know what I saw today, was a raptor…

But Baja edition, and fucking big. Like 40’s and a lift

Something like this

Link Posted: 9/18/2021 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/5980/load_of_bricks_2-2095759.jpgSaw this one recently at a local park I hike in.  Figured there must be a load of bricks or manure in the back.

View Quote

Moron in that pic...gonna fuck up his truck/transmission...

Anywho, not impressed. And, this is coming from a Phord brand loyalty person.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 6:25:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol....

Uh, I think the post says that the back may be sagging cuz the owner of that truck was trying to haul shit he/she/it was probably not supposed to be haulin'?

Anywho, of the Phords, I like the ones with the tail slightly in the air....seems sporty and cooler to me than the other beds/tails.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 6:26:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe his wife was laying down

Link Posted: 9/18/2021 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Something like this

https://149360534.v2.pressablecdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/F250R-Mega-Raptor.jpg11.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2021 7:01:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hell I wouldnt let them put air in a tire and even then you have to watch them like a hawk. Hell you should had witnessed Johnny boy blow up on people on the old car forums he was on. Much less the reports of him stealing parts off customers cars to sell to other customers.

Hell I would had let Boyd Coddingtons shop build something for me before I would use Hennessey.  
View Quote

His nuclear meltdown on Corner Carvers was epic, because those guys were after him with "Take No Prisoners" as their battle cry and John could not twist and turn enough to spin his way out of things.  Did not help that at the time Hennessy was in the middle of his "1000 Horsepower Viper!" fiasco and two of the guys he was going at it with were a Viper Owners Club bigwig and the guy who blew the lid off on Hennessy robbing parts off customer cars to put on other car.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:39:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Super Duty with “Raptor” fiberglass front clip & flared bedsides.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:52:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Something like this

https://149360534.v2.pressablecdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/F250R-Mega-Raptor.jpg11.jpg
View Quote

Megaraptor. There's a company that mods F250/F350 trucks to make them look like Raptors. There's one running around my area and it's bananas.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 12:02:20 AM EDT
[#30]
I don't think that they all have an extra axle

Also it's Hennessy, so there's that.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 12:08:27 AM EDT
[#31]
I wouldn't touch a Hennessey with a 10 foot pole.  Back in the day I hung around places like supraforums and 6speedonline, and he had a lot of problems.  Parting out vipers to finish other projects, all sorts of sketchy stuff.

For the price, a shelby baja, or just a regular tuned raptor will get you a similar level of performance.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 1:04:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Show us a pic of a Velociraptor somewhere other than a paved road…..  When I see one in Baja on the Baja 1000 course chasing for a race team and going faster than a Raptor or even my ‘00 Dodge CTD 2500 4wd I will be impressed.
View Quote

You know some people might just buy shit because they like it, not because they try to impress people like you. Are you pissed because you drive a pos dodge?
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 1:13:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/20/2021 1:35:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's not a velociraptor
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 1:42:31 AM EDT
[#35]
CJ Gee - Don't Want No Short Dick Man (Radio Edit) - Dance Essentials
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 1:49:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Speaking of Fords, what's up with every new Ranger looking like the front struts are shot? Just nosedived all the way down. Was that something they were going for?

Link Posted: 9/20/2021 3:26:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You know some people might just buy shit because they like it, not because they try to impress people like you. Are you pissed because you drive a pos dodge?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You swung for the fence and fucking whiffed….

My POS Dodge is paid for, does what I need it to do and fairly reliable - I plan to take it down to Baja in November to chase at the Baja 1000.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 3:59:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

My POS Dodge is paid for, does what I need it to do and fairly reliable - I plan to take it down to Baja in November to chase at the Baja 1000.
View Quote

Wow dude you should definitely take you 00 dodge cummings turbo diesel 4 wheel drive banks tuned aisin transmission extended cab long bed to baja to chase, maybe youll realize some people have things because theyre fun and dont need a reason
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 6:39:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Perhaps you are unaware that there are two versions: 4-wheel and 6-wheel.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 6:51:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Speaking of Fords, what's up with every new Ranger looking like the front struts are shot? Just nosedived all the way down. Was that something they were going for?

View Quote

Ass sits way high so that it's level when towing at 7500lbs.

I have a tremor and with the upgraded leaf pack and fox shocks it's not as bad, but I still fixed the rake.

Link Posted: 9/20/2021 7:04:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Don't care
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 7:18:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think anyone gives a shit about impressing you?
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 7:25:11 AM EDT
[#43]
In a few years it will assume this position a LOT!   I had the supercharger pulled off when the new engine was installed because I thought it would break less.  Turns out it still breaks about the same.  

Link Posted: 9/20/2021 10:38:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not at all. The fanboy butthurt in this thread is entertaining though.

I want to know what a 6x6 conversion that was originally designed to go fast over rough terrain does better after throwing $200k at it. Maybe you and your butthurt brothers could post a link to a site other than Hennessy that shows the 6x6 somewhere other than pavement along with test results showing what a new owner gets for a couple hundred grand.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 6:25:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Wow dude you should definitely take you 00 dodge cummings turbo diesel 4 wheel drive banks tuned aisin transmission extended cab long bed to baja to chase, maybe youll realize some people have things because theyre fun and dont need a reason
View Quote

If my ‘00 had an Aisin transmission that would be cool but I have an NV5600 instead. Can you recommend any good Banks tuning components for my Cummings?
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Something like this

View Quote

Quoted:

Megaraptor. There's a company that mods F250/F350 trucks to make them look like Raptors. There's one running around my area and it's bananas.
View Quote

Those are FUCKING AWESOME!

Come on, when you were a kid didn't you want to drive your Tonka truck or Bigfoot?
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If my ‘00 had an Aisin transmission that would be cool but I have an NV5600 instead. Can you recommend any good Banks tuning components for my Cummings?
View Quote

No bc i dont give a shit as long as you have fun with it but dont be a tool bc you have a 33 valve cummins, so do most 23 year old dudes with white sunglasses and monster hats
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#48]
I like the Shelby Raptors.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 7:18:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay.  Or did you mean it like Crocodile Dundee?  That's not a knife...this is a knife!

Hennessey Raptors
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 7:21:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

No bc i dont give a shit as long as you have fun with it but dont be a tool bc you have a 33 valve cummins, so do most 23 year old dudes with white sunglasses and monster hats
View Quote

You sound butthurt.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top