Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 10/3/2019 7:49:29 PM EDT
Two normally dressed guys, with credentials, and driving an sinister looking black .gov pick up truck stopped by my house just now. They wanted to know about my equally sinister solvent trap I bought from some Chinese (probably) website.

They were nice enough and asked "Did you receive a package containing a solvent trap on August 21st?" and I told them yes. The guy doing all the talking then said "Well, at this point it's where I ask you to surrender it" and I told him no. The other guy almost laughed, like they have heard this before. I explained that "I bought a solvent trap and it's still a solvent trap... wanna see?".  I went inside, I didn't let them in the house, got it and showed them that there were no holes drilled.
I then started asking them questions like "Why is ICE/DHS asking about this and not ATF?", "You do know that solvent traps are legal, right?", "When did y'all start driving Chevy's?", etc...

They left, I wasn't cuffed, my dogs are still alive, and I just submitted my eForm 1. I follow the law but this kinda shit will make someone snap one day or turn others into "sovereigns".

Welcome to the New Amerika!

Moral of the story, the JBTs are watching every keystroke you make and using the USPS against the citizens.

ETA
They knew where I bought it from, who shipped it, and when I received it. They had a spreadsheet with all the pertinent info I it. I saw it while they were asking the date I received it.

They brought up "suppressor" first, that's why I asked about the ATF.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Two normally dressed guys, with credentials, and driving an sinister looking black .gov pick up truck stopped by my house just now. They wanted to know about my equally sinister solvent trap I bought from some Chinese (probably) website.

They were nice enough and asked "Did you receive a package containing a solvent trap on August 21st?" and I told them yes. The guy doing all the talking then said "Well, at this point it's where I ask you to surrender it" and I told him no. The other guy almost laughed, like they have heard this before. I explained that "I bought a solvent trap and it's still a solvent trap... wanna see?".  I went inside, I didn't let them in the house, got it and showed them that there were no holes drilled.
I then started asking them questions like "Why is ICE/DHS asking about this and not ATF?", "You do know that solvent traps are legal, right?", "When did y'all start driving Chevy's?", etc...

They left, I wasn't cuffed, my dogs are still alive, and I just submitted my eForm 1. I follow the law but this kinda shit will make someone snap one day or turn others into "sovereigns".

Moral of the story, the JBTs are watching every keystroke you make and using the USPS against the citizens.
View Quote
what's a solvent trap?
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess it could be a customs issue if they’re going after buyers of an entire shipment. Maybe they imagine it’s an ITAR violation?
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Good on you for not cucking out to them

FJBT's
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 7:55:17 PM EDT
[#4]
YOU ANSWERED THE DOOR?!?!!?
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Extremely good job on non respecting their authoritahhhh
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
what's a solvent trap?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what's a solvent trap?
A nonsensical item that’s a suppressor kit in all but name. Since the ATF is stupid about mere mortals buying supressor parts it’s the cheapest and easiest way to DIY one legally.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice job, OP.

Was there any aM I bEiNg DeTaInEd??
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 7:56:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow.. I would expect this from some other shithole... but here? Surrendering a solvent trap?
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 7:57:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
YOU ANSWERED THE DOOR?!?!!?
View Quote
I either answer the door or my male Mastiff will try to go through it. He protects his home.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
what's a solvent trap?
View Quote
Some inert pieces of metal that makes the crown cranky
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 7:58:43 PM EDT
[#11]
They will probably return
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 7:59:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Where did you order it from?
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 7:59:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
what's a solvent trap?
View Quote
It looks just like a baffled suppressor, except no hole at the end where the projectile would normally exit.

Its screwed on to the muzzle of the weapon you want to clean, keeping all your solvent your pushing down the barrel from making a mess.

Alternatively, in the event of the great boogaloo happening, it could, in theory, be used as a makeshift supressor.

As far as I understand.

Never invite the man into your life.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 7:59:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 7:59:58 PM EDT
[#15]
That's crazy dude. I've known you enough through posting that I assume you aren't trolling.

Fuck that and good job.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:00:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They will probably return
View Quote
I sent an email to the lead guy with links to ebay, amazon, and even walmart showing they sell solvent traps.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#17]
It might be helpful to the rest of us to know where you ordered it from. Is this something that was shipped from overseas?  (The "C" in ICE might be relevant then)

Wondering how they would (legally) get your info, otherwise.  They clearly didn't have a warrant for your place, so it sounds like it was more of a fishing expedition.

Nice job.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
what's a solvent trap?
That ought to go in the goddamn dictionary.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:05:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Theyll be back at 0 dark thirty dressed like ninjas.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Why did you bring up the ATF?... That showed your hand, IMO.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’m glad you were squared away. Most aren’t used to talking to folks who know what they are talking about.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:10:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It might be helpful to the rest of us to know where you ordered it from. Is this something that was shipped from overseas?  (The "C" in ICE might be relevant then)

Wondering how they would (legally) get your info, otherwise.  They clearly didn't have a warrant for your place, so it sounds like it was more of a fishing expedition.

Nice job.
View Quote
If from overseas they may be monitoring the sender and customers since they process and see everything at customs.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#23]
ost
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:12:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Wondering how they would (legally) get your info, otherwise.
View Quote
1.) The shops selling them are just .Gov honeypots
2.) They are x-raying at customs or know which shippers to red flag
3.) They have through "legal" or non means been monitoring web traffic or electronic payments to red flagged merchants
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Helluva edit
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#26]
was it a customs issue?  So why did they ask you to surrender it?
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:13:57 PM EDT
[#27]
For those wanting to know, this is the web site I ordered it from, Banggod

Here is ebay solvent traps and amazon solvent traps and walmart "turbo filter".

Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:14:03 PM EDT
[#28]
In before the no knock warrant raid next week
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
what's a solvent trap?
View Quote
It’s good for nature.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:15:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
was it a customs issue?  So why did they ask you to surrender it?
View Quote
Don't know.

It's not my job to make sure duties are collected, it's theirs.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Warrant and 3am SWAT raid in 3,2,1......
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:18:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Wow.

Hope that situation works out.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
... how odd, and to think of all the real crimes going on
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
They are the one's that brought up "suppressor", not me. Sorry left that out of the OP.

Quoted:
Theyll be back at 0 dark thirty dressed like ninjas.
I let them hold it and take pictures. They had their chance to do it nicely. If they do come back, I'll comply.
This is my eternal documentation of the event.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
I know they are .
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:20:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
No shit, I feel safer just reading this post.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:20:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Helluva edit
View Quote
I did misread and thought he invited them in. I have seen worse edits. Thanks for the call out though.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:21:27 PM EDT
[#39]
_lol_

In on 1.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Baofengs are next.

Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:22:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm very curious to see if they come back.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:23:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:23:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
You answered your own question. You bought said item from a Chinese website.

Whether it is legal or not if it was imported under false pretenses it’s a customs issue (Customs being the C In ICE).  Lying on customs forms is a crime, whether the product is legal or not.

Re: why not ATF - same as with ICE/DHS investigating the Wish.com Glock full auto conversion plates which are  imported under the false pretense of  being “Airsoft parts.” If it crosses the border or has a nexus to the border ICE has jurisdiction.

As for your “snapping” and “sovereign citizen” comments:

This may be a revelation to you, as it is to to some of my younger colleagues, but you conduct investigations by talking to people You get off your ass, go out an knock on doors. That is their job - get over yourself.

No one gives a shit about your solvent trap. They and the U.S. Attorney are interested in the people importing these.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
This right here
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:24:14 PM EDT
[#46]
I hope this ends okay.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#47]
They're probably warming up the Bearcat now .
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Interesting that customs let it clear and be delivered to you OP, yet ICE/DHS shows up latter. customs know what it was, if it was illegal why did they let it through.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#49]
They just left to go get their friends.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:27:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
one way or the other....thats funny as all hell...lol
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top