Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2021 10:40:12 AM EDT
Since I had the Vid and we were stuck in the house for weeks, I figured why not bring the kiddos to Disney World.

Let me tell you this....it was the best trip ever.

hardly any fatties on scooters, hardly any fatties at all, no fucking old people lost walking around. The parks were at max 33% occupied. No smelly ass visitors.

The only thing that was funny was a guy and his family was making the group in front of us stay 30 feet back...he was raising his voice too. I wonder what his screen name is.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Is Space Mountain still running?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:43:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Is Minnie Mouse still hot?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:44:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep...still going
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:44:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is Minnie Mouse still hot?
View Quote

Sure...

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I have only been to Anaheim.

No desire to ever return in this lifetime.

I was in the Magic Kingdom
Now I'm in the Caribbean

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:48:06 AM EDT
[#6]
They doing the whole mask nazi thing still?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:48:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Since I had the Vid and we were stuck in the house for weeks, I figured why not bring the kiddos to Disney World.

hardly any fatties on scooters, hardly any fatties at all, no fucking old people lost walking around. The parks were at max 33% occupied. No smelly ass visitors.

The only thing that was funny was a guy and his family was making the group in front of us stay 30 feet back...he was raising his voice too. I wonder what his screen name is.

View Quote

Looking to head back. Disney is times of covid is a once in a lifetime opportunity especially for Florida folk with the 50% discounts.

Did you get into rise of the resistance, we couldnt do it last time, to slow on the check-in.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have only been to Anaheim.

No desire to ever return in this lifetime.

I was in the Magic Kingdom
Now I'm in the Caribbean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdlT5yMJWXk
View Quote

I like it...the kids really enjoy it. We also go with friends so it's fun to hang out.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:51:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They doing the whole mask nazi thing still?
View Quote

yep...gotta have that mask on.

But I mean, they don't care how thin the mask is.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Looking to head back. Disney is times of covid is a once in a lifetime opportunity especially for Florida folk with the 50% discounts.

Did you get into rise of the resistance, we couldnt do it last time, to slow on the check-in.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely go right now.

I have been to disney probably near 20 times now and I have never seen the crowds this lite over the last 30 years

The only time it ever came close was during grad night, 18 years ago
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:53:24 AM EDT
[#11]
We have annual passes that we just renewed.

We went to Epcot and Hollywood Studios a couple of weeks ago. It was great, no more than a 30 min wait for any ride and it was 68 degrees out. Going to go a few more times before summer and the lift of restrictions.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:56:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We have annual passes that we just renewed.

We went to Epcot and Hollywood Studios a couple of weeks ago. It was great, no more than a 30 min wait for any ride and it was 68 degrees out. Going to go a few more times before summer and the lift of restrictions.

View Quote

Another thing is that if you really want to stick it to the man, they aren't making you use your finger print at the moment. You just need your band or card.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:03:48 AM EDT
[#13]
We went in Nov and it was great. Yeah, a lot of the "Disney Experience" is curtailed with the characters and shows but all the rides are open and parks are capped at 1/4 capacity. There were rides we literally got off then right back on again. No waiting. Others that the "wait" was really just the time it took to walk though the maze to get onto the ride.

Having to have reservations for everything including parks and restaurants was a bit of a pain but they have a real good app to help with it all. The non-reservation in-park food is pretty shitty so just keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you still carry there
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#15]
sound like an asshole to be around.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:19:57 AM EDT
[#16]
I can't think of many worse places on the planet to spend time and money with.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Is it still only one park per day and no fireworks?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:26:57 AM EDT
[#18]
I would like to go when there’s no chanting tour groups from South America.

They really ruin the experience.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:39:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope they restarted park-hopping.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:49:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

This, fuck them all. I always thought tgese were kids of the Brazilian elite..nope, basically hood rats that get free handouts to come here. Lots of those groups were Venezuela  commie kids..
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:44:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

concealed means concealed.....

I don't carry at Disney, they have enough Tac Teams that before you could drop your turkey leg and draw, they would have the perp hemmed up.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:45:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
sound like an asshole to be around.
View Quote

Oh because I don't like fatties blocking up everything?

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:46:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I can't think of many worse places on the planet to spend time and money with.
View Quote

Donating to the DNC and going to their caucus is worse.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:46:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

No fire works but you can park hop
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:47:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can say, I did not see that there this trip
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:48:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This, fuck them all. I always thought tgese were kids of the Brazilian elite..nope, basically hood rats that get free handouts to come here. Lots of those groups were Venezuela  commie kids..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The people of Venezuala have to use their hands to wipe their asses right now. I doubt they have alot of extra coin to go to DISney
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#27]
We went in September last year. It was very nice, no crowds
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was there the day it opened .
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:20:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

wow...tell us more stories about how it used to be!

I bet it was way better back then.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:32:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Is this nut coal?

Attachment Attached File

Opulence, I has it

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I can say, I did not see that there this trip
View Quote

That’s gold.

I’m supposed to go in a couple months, I hope it’s still the case.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:46:05 PM EDT
[#32]
My family is heading down in Feb.  We were there the right as they re-opened in July, and it was the lowest crowds I had ever seen.  Talking walk on to Flights of Passage, and as many re-rides as you could tolerate right back up the fast pass line.  FYI, the answer is 2 rides, no chance I could have done a 3rd.  

We averaged about 18-20 large attractions a day, which is unheard of in July.  Glad to hear it's still slower than normal, although it sucks for the economy it does make the trip more fun

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Not gonna lie, I was hoping this was a Chuck E Cheese thread.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Not gonna lie, I was hoping this was a Chuck E Cheese thread.
View Quote

No whirl star videos so not chuck e cheese
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:45:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My family is heading down in Feb.  We were there the right as they re-opened in July, and it was the lowest crowds I had ever seen.  Talking walk on to Flights of Passage, and as many re-rides as you could tolerate right back up the fast pass line.  FYI, the answer is 2 rides, no chance I could have done a 3rd.  

We averaged about 18-20 large attractions a day, which is unheard of in July.  Glad to hear it's still slower than normal, although it sucks for the economy it does make the trip more fun

View Quote

Yep I guess that was one good thing about catching covid for us
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Good info.  We've been discussing a trip.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Good info.  We've been discussing a trip.
View Quote

Yep gotta do it before all the riff raff starts going back. Once the unwashed masses find out they aren't scanning your prints at the gate anymore they are going to start sneaking tones of people in.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:51:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Can you explain the fingerprint thing?  I don't think they had that the last time we were there.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:04:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Can you explain the fingerprint thing?  I don't think they had that the last time we were there.
View Quote

Tickets are linked to biometric fingerprint. They also have images of who is linked to the ticket being used. My dad forgot which finger he used the last time we went. The Cast Member pulled up a overhead shot of the last use to make sure it was my dad before resetting the fingerprint.

Attachment Attached File

Forget trying to enter the park with any weapons.  They now have metal detectors at each park. Looked like every adult male was being selected.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Absolutely go right now.

I have been to disney probably near 20 times now and I have never seen the crowds this lite over the last 30 years

View Quote

You should have gone last February...it was awesome.

You could walk into any ride with 0 wait.  Universal was the same.

That was the most stress free trip to Orlando ever, and we are annual passholders since we are only two hours away.

When the parks reopened we went to Universal that next week.  City Walk was completely empty.  I could count the number of people in the central courtyard on my two hands.  

We stayed at the Aventura.  There were 17 rooms booked in the entire hotel.  

I doubt we will ever experience that again.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:34:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

damn...that's wild

That was the most stress free trip to Orlando ever, and we are annual passholders since we are only two hours away.

When the parks reopened we went to Universal that next week.  City Walk was completely empty.  I could count the number of people in the central courtyard on my two hands.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely go right now.

damn...that's wild

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:50:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Another thing is that if you really want to stick it to the man, they aren't making you use your finger print at the moment. You just need your band or card.
View Quote

The band isn't linked to a photo?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:52:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it may be but I didn't see the gate agent verifying anything.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:00:13 AM EDT
[#44]
The wife and I do a Universal trip every year. I went to Disney once and have no desire to ever set foot in that hellhole again in this life, but won't disparage people who like it.

We did our Universal trip last August after they reopened. It was fantastic. We bought annual passes right then and have gone back 7 times since then. Just got back Monday and are going back in 2 weeks.

As much as I like the lower crowd levels, I'm kinda looking forward to things going back to normal, because watching the crowd is half the fun.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:03:27 AM EDT
[#45]
I went years ago just because I was down there and it was something to do. Meh.

I guess with kids it would be something.

I am a simple guy, give me a tin boat with a small outboard , cooler of drinks and a fishing pole and I am easily entertained.

There is lots to see and do in Florida without spending a ton of money in the big parks . For my tastes it is all too much fake , too much plastic.
Somewhat entertaining in how they manage the huge crowds and there is always people watching but this all wears thin after a couple of days.
It always left me thinking I could have had a lot of fun spending that same money lots of different ways
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:05:51 AM EDT
[#46]
We went last December for my wife's 40th birthday.  I've been several times, and this was probably my favorite trip.  Even with all the COVID measures in place, we had a great time, and got to do everything we wanted to do.  I would like to always go in the colder months now.  Sweating your face off in the summer sucks.  And all the Christmas decorations being up was really cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top