BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 9:16:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Maybe I missed it, but I have not seen a single disrespectful post in this thread.

And when someone gets a disease, how on Earth is it irrelevant if they were vaccinated or not?

OP, how are you two doing? Any updates? You haven't posted in a while and a lot of us are thinking about you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Talk about kicking someone when they’re down.  It’s irrelevant at this point whether she got the vaccine.  Hopefully she doesn’t get any worse.

Maybe I missed it, but I have not seen a single disrespectful post in this thread.

And when someone gets a disease, how on Earth is it irrelevant if they were vaccinated or not?

OP, how are you two doing? Any updates? You haven't posted in a while and a lot of us are thinking about you.

@Rodent

1) The nurse taking care of the OP’s wife was rude to her.  Shame on the nurse for doing so.  That’s kicking someone when they’re down.

2) The nurse basically tried to lay the blame on the wife’s illness on her decision not to get vaccinated.  Her vaccination status has zero bearing on how she will be treated.  They will treat her based on her signs/symptoms only.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 9:18:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Fortunately your friend is not he norm.  Most people get and recover just fine
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a friend that got it a couple of months ago (no vax). And yep, he's an older fart like me. Everything but his O2 is back to normal. He still walks around dragging a tank and hose. Now, after 2 months its finally getting better little by little. Just don't be surprised if it takes a little while to recover.

My best to Stacy.

Fortunately your friend is not he norm.  Most people get and recover just fine
Thank God. I'm sure he will as well.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 9:18:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Nothing COC compliant that I can say other than you are a bad person.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So worried and yet there is time to post on an internet forum?  Your logic is lacking.

Nothing COC compliant that I can say other than you are a bad person.

Lol....ok, and you lack basic reading comprehension so your point is?  Apparently you've failed to actually read the last few pages.  That wasn't directed at the OP.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 9:20:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
To answer some comments, yes this is somewhat good news. There is a problem that has an action plan. I know pneumonia isn't a little thing but is treatable and she is strong so I am going to be as positive as I can. As you can probably tell by my post count, I don't have a lot to say but I am glad that I put this out there. You all have really helped.
View Quote

Well that is good to hear.  Are they letting you see her at all?  

Keep us updated.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 9:24:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's not the first time health care professionals have become exacerbated over patient actions/inaction, nor will it be the last.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Talk about kicking someone when they’re down.  It’s irrelevant at this point whether she got the vaccine.  Hopefully she doesn’t get any worse.
It's not the first time health care professionals have become exacerbated over patient actions/inaction, nor will it be the last.

@L_JE

It’s OK to get frustrated by it.  It is quite remarkable how much people work against their own health.  But when the patient is in extremis, it’s not the time to talk down to them and make them feel even more shitty.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 9:26:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sorry, that the thread got to the point of mod intervention.

Wife just told me that she has pneumonia and she is going to be there 5 days according to the doc. I pray it's much sooner
View Quote
Pneumonia?  Relatively good news I guess.  I had pneumonia when I was a kid - it sucks - really makes you feel like hammered dog shit for a few days, but a course of oral antibiotics cleared it up completely, and that was in the 60s.  I'd imagine treatment has progressed since then.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 10:29:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Log out, and back in.

Lots of support in the team forum, without GD shenanigans, if you are so inclined.
View Quote

Thank you!  Some of you folks are going to make my allergies act up.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 10:31:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Prayers for OP and his wife.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 10:41:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hey y'all, sorry about having disappeared for a while. I haven't been feeling so well today either. Mostly just headache but it's giving me blurry vision. I was able to talk to my wife today. She's still struggling. Last night they gave her a private room and she no longer has to deal with that problem nurse. Her oxygen still drops a lot when she has to use the restroom. It also drops a lot when she coughs. Right now there's no word on wind she'll be coming home. But it was a blessing to be able to hear from her today. The nursing staff charged her phone for her. She could only speak for a few minutes because she starts running out of breath but I will take what I can get. Thank you all for the prayers God bless you.
View Quote

Don't forget to take care of yourself. Plenty of fluids, beer is not a good fluid when sick. Multivitamin with an extra Vitamin D dose. Sunlight doesn't hurt and neither does fresh air. Put a case or two of Gatorade by your bed. You'll thank yourself. You can drink it and piss in the bottles and never have to leave the bed.

Also, don't believe that guy that said eating an entire box of fiberone bars cured his covid.

Go to CVS or Walgreens and get a pulse oximeter for yourself. O2 dropping can sneak up on you fast.

Prayers for both of you.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 10:45:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Continued prayers for Stacy.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 10:53:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

@Rodent

1) The nurse taking care of the OP's wife was rude to her.  Shame on the nurse for doing so.  That's kicking someone when they're down.

2) The nurse basically tried to lay the blame on the wife's illness on her decision not to get vaccinated.  Her vaccination status has zero bearing on how she will be treated.  They will treat her based on her signs/symptoms only.
View Quote
Agreed, but I'm willing to have a bit of sympathy for the nurse. A little. They are exhausted and demoralized with dozens and dozens of patients continuing to get admitted for what they see as preventable admissions.

Good luck to OP and his wife. Hoping for rapid recovery. And in a month or two, please consider getting the vaccine. I know there's debate on the vaccine after COVID. But I would certainly do it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 10:54:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Request the monoclonal antibody treatment. That's what my father did when he went to the hospital for it, and it turned him around within 24 hours.

Good luck, OP.
View Quote

If she requires supplemental O2 to maintain her sats it’s too late for monoclonals. ETA-wishing OP’s wife all the best
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 10:56:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If she requires supplemental O2 to maintain her sats it's too late for monoclonals.
View Quote

Sadly, yes. I've ordered monoclonals on several people. If they can't get their sats to 90 without supplemental, they're ineligible. And it's a shame, as the people for whom I've ordered monoclonal AB treatment have had a rapid turnaround and avoided admission.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 10:59:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Just so I'm clear, is it the 'rona or the monia?
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:04:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sadly, yes. I've ordered monoclonals on several people. If they can't get their sats to 90 without supplemental, they're ineligible. And it's a shame, as the people for whom I've ordered monoclonal AB treatment have had a rapid turnaround and avoided admission.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If she requires supplemental O2 to maintain her sats it's too late for monoclonals.

We’ve been very aggressive giving monoclonals in our area and likewise have seen good results. If I were diagnosed with COVID today I would have them in me ASAP
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:11:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Pneumonia?  Relatively good news I guess.  I had pneumonia when I was a kid - it sucks - really makes you feel like hammered dog shit for a few days, but a course of oral antibiotics cleared it up completely, and that was in the 60s.  I'd imagine treatment has progressed since then.
View Quote

Covid alone is not so bad.

Covid w/pneumonia is what is bad.

Treatment is IV antibiotics and steroids which aren't exactly great for you.

Best wishes for OP and his wife.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:41:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Agreed, but I'm willing to have a bit of sympathy for the nurse. A little. They are exhausted and demoralized with dozens and dozens of patients continuing to get admitted for what they see as preventable admissions.

Good luck to OP and his wife. Hoping for rapid recovery. And in a month or two, please consider getting the vaccine. I know there's debate on the vaccine after COVID. But I would certainly do it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Rodent

1) The nurse taking care of the OP's wife was rude to her.  Shame on the nurse for doing so.  That's kicking someone when they're down.

2) The nurse basically tried to lay the blame on the wife's illness on her decision not to get vaccinated.  Her vaccination status has zero bearing on how she will be treated.  They will treat her based on her signs/symptoms only.

I hear ya.  And now more than ever there seems to be a near universal understaffing problem, compounding the feeling of frustration.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:50:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Hang in there man. Hoping she improves soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey y'all, sorry about having disappeared for a while. I haven't been feeling so well today either. Mostly just headache but it's giving me blurry vision. I was able to talk to my wife today. She's still struggling. Last night they gave her a private room and she no longer has to deal with that problem nurse. Her oxygen still drops a lot when she has to use the restroom. It also drops a lot when she coughs. Right now there's no word on wind she'll be coming home. But it was a blessing to be able to hear from her today. The nursing staff charged her phone for her. She could only speak for a few minutes because she starts running out of breath but I will take what I can get. Thank you all for the prayers God bless you.

Hang in there man. Hoping she improves soon.

This, continued Prayers OP
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:56:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Log out, and back in.

Lots of support in the team forum, without GD shenanigans, if you are so inclined.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To answer some comments, yes this is somewhat good news. There is a problem that has an action plan. I know pneumonia isn't a little thing but is treatable and she is strong so I am going to be as positive as I can. As you can probably tell by my post count, I don't have a lot to say but I am glad that I put this out there. You all have really helped.

Log out, and back in.

Good man!
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:58:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Sorry, that the thread got to the point of mod intervention.

Wife just told me that she has pneumonia and she is going to be there 5 days according to the doc. I pray it's much sooner
View Quote

OP, you have no need to apologize
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 12:02:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As someone with asthma, this is what scares me about COVID. The steroids that are so helpful for asthma and prevent inflammation in the lungs also tend to hamper the body's ability to fight infections.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 12:02:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Good luck to you and your family sir. I wish everyone a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 12:13:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Coworker went down to Miami to party with strippers and blow the end of June and brought back covid.  Nearly shut out shop down as another worker who shared vapes with him tested positive.  Luckily it never went past that.  Wife finally went and got her shot Saturday and is now enjoying the side effects.  I’ll probably go get mine in a week if she has no further issues.  She’s in the healthcare field and one thing that even doctors are having to be reminded of: there’s no guarantee you’re safe from ‘rona with any of the vaccines.  It’s just like the flu shot, it may help you be resistant to the bug but that’s about as far as you can guarantee.  In 6 months it’ll come out that the mask free bribe by getting the shot in fact helped spreading the virus as the vaccinated got this false since of security.  
  OP we wish you and your wife a speedy recovery
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 7:52:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just so I'm clear, is it the 'rona or the monia?
View Quote

COVID induced pneumonia.  It's why you see docs handing out zpacs when they test positive so that it can help stop pneumonia
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 8:00:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Coworker went down to Miami to party with strippers and blow the end of June and brought back covid.  Nearly shut out shop down as another worker who shared vapes with him tested positive.  Luckily it never went past that.  Wife finally went and got her shot Saturday and is now enjoying the side effects.  I’ll probably go get mine in a week if she has no further issues.  She’s in the healthcare field and one thing that even doctors are having to be reminded of: there’s no guarantee you’re safe from ‘rona with any of the vaccines.  It’s just like the flu shot, it may help you be resistant to the bug but that’s about as far as you can guarantee.  In 6 months it’ll come out that the mask free bribe by getting the shot in fact helped spreading the virus as the vaccinated got this false since of security.  
  OP we wish you and your wife a speedy recovery
View Quote

Fauci: Maskless Are ‘Encroaching’ on Others Right to Not Get Sick
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 8:01:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Prayers out for your wife for a quick recovery and no lasting effects on her overall health.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 8:05:16 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote
COC#7 Has nothing to do with the OP's situation. If you feel you need to grandstand about "flu bro" vs "doomers" There are MANY other threads you can do that in. ~ DrFrige
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:02:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Just wanted to say good morning to op and send prayers that his lovely bride is headed in the right direction and better today than yesterday.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:06:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:17:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Good morning OP. How is she doing today? I hope she has improved. Once again, yall are in our prayers.
View Quote

Came here to post this. Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:20:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Checking in on you, OP.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#32]

No such right i am aware of.

Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:27:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

As someone with asthma, this is what scares me about COVID. The steroids that are so helpful for asthma and prevent inflammation in the lungs also tend to hamper the body's ability to fight infections.
View Quote

Same here, have exercise-induced asthma and usually get my ass kicked with respiratory viruses. That's why I chose the vaccine. But, according to the medical experts here on GD, I'm inserting a Bill Gates 5G nanochip into my body.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:27:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Prayers out for your wife for a quick recovery and no lasting effects on her overall health.
View Quote

Checking on y’all.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:27:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Checking on y’all.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Older low post accounts are especially susceptible to COVID.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Been several of these types of threads lately.

Hope she gets better soon. It’s got to be scary as hell.

Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:34:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Prayers for a quick recovery.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:38:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I will be praying for her. The people here who believe this is a hoax haven't had friends die.
View Quote

It’s absolutely not a hoax. It’s Biological Warfare. Engineered virus (multiple countries contributed) “escapes” at a most opportune time for America’s enemies.

And, it continues to be used by our enemies—foreign and (especially) domestic.

TC
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:40:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Praying for your wife and your family
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Prayers sent for you two this morning.  May God move on you both and provide ou with relief.  His will be done.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:52:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Same here, have exercise-induced asthma and usually get my ass kicked with respiratory viruses. That's why I chose the vaccine. But, according to the medical experts here on GD, I'm inserting a Bill Gates 5G nanochip into my body.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody says that. High risk groups probably should get the vaccine.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:52:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m heavily in patient biased and my observations are that despite having a fairly aggressive system to administer the neutralizing antibodies in my hospital system, I have only seen a handful who got the therapy and then still required admission.  

There was some questions early on here if there was an excess of pancreatitis associated with the bambam we started with, but it’s hard not to wonder if it has better outcomes than reported based off minimal follow up hospitalizations.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:56:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Sorry to hear your situation OP.

Ya'll have my prayers.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:00:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Still Praying for you and for a good update.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:06:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Low post counts just mean more time spent outside.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

People that don't like what they are reading are susceptible to conspiracy theories.

Low post counts just mean more time spent outside.

Exactly.... the last person I want to hear from is the high post count people, the ones that spend every free moment of their lives here in GD.
AND especially the 2020 & 21er's that have thousands of posts in just months.... its as if they have an 'agenda' or something and are here just for trolling GD.
Aside from that, I hope she pulls through without issue, op.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:08:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Prayers for you guys op. Hope she’s doing better.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Still praying for both of you!  

My wife had Pneumonia about 9 years ago.   This allowed her try out of the then newly redone (paint was still curing in some of them) private rooms at our local regional hospital for a breathtaking 4 days and 3 nights.  

Seriously though, it was rough on her and she did end up with some scar tissue in her left lung, but it doesn't affect her much now.

Praying that you both get through this with at-most the hospital bill to complain about.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Prayers for you guys op. Hope she's doing better.
View Quote
Same here.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 12:06:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 12:44:15 PM EDT
[#50]
More of the same today, yesterday her BP went really but by last night it improved. She coughing lots and she still gets out of breath while talking but she is able to talk a bit longer than before. I would have to say trending in the right direction.

Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top