Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2021 11:04:10 PM EDT
Probably a form letter, but Hawley sees the issues for what they are.

January 21, 2021

Dear JOS51700,

Thank you for contacting me about the 2020 presidential election. I appreciate the time and effort you took to share your perspective with me on this important issue, and welcome the opportunity to respond.

I objected during the Joint Session count of electoral votes in order to have a debate on the issue of election integrity. My objection proceeded according to the letter of the statute, which specifically permits for objections and debate, and followed the traditions of Congress. In fact, dozens of Democratic members of Congress have lodged objections in precisely the same forum over the last three decades. To be specific, Democrats objected after the elections of 2000, 2004, and 2016–in other words, every time a Republican has won the White House in the last thirty years. And they were within their rights to do so. The Joint Session is the forum where concerns about an election can be raised, debated, and ultimately resolved with a vote.

When Democrats in Congress objected during the certification of electoral votes in order to raise concerns about election integrity in 2000, 2004, and 2016, they were praised by Democratic leadership and the media.

Many Missourians have deep concerns about election integrity. They want Congress to take action to see that our elections at every level are free, fair, and secure. They have a right to be heard in Congress. And it is my duty to speak on their behalf.

I am proud to represent you in Congress. Your voice helps make this country and our democracy strong. These are difficult days for our country. All I can promise you is that I will do my best, day in and day out, to represent your voice, no matter who criticizes me. And I will do my utmost to preserve, protect and defend this republic that we call home.

As always, I truly appreciate hearing your concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future on other issues important to you and your community. It is a privilege to be your voice in Congress. If you would like to get regular updates on my work in the Senate, please visit my website at www.hawley.senate.gov or follow me on social media at @SenHawleyPress.

Sincerely,

Josh Hawley
United States Senator
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:07:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell yes. Thats our Senator
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:09:08 PM EDT
[#2]
My dude.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:11:00 PM EDT
[#3]
He has a lot of potential. Expect the Left try to take him down in a preemptive strike.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:33:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Proud that he’s one of my senators.  Also of note: the left went into high gear trying to get his book deal cancelled but they never would mention what it was about.  “The Tyranny of Big Tech” is a fitting title for the times we’re in.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:11:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep, proud of him. Wish we had another one like him.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:12:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I like Hawley.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:14:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Probably the only good one left.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:33:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, he has “deep concerns” which is probably a little more than just being concerned.

At least it’s better than what we got. We now have a bisexual liberal and a Marxist who’s wife was shot by one of her own constituents for not being liberal enough.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:36:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Double tap
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:37:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I’m regarded
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:41:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Hope he doesn’t end up like Dan Crenshaw. That guy...Congress does things to good men. Crenshaw is the biggest POS and we have called him out since he walked into Congress.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:55:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:58:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:02:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hope he doesn’t end up like Dan Crenshaw. That guy...Congress does things to good men. Crenshaw is the biggest POS and we have called him out since he walked into Congress.
View Quote

Crenshaw is trying to win a popularity contest with the establishment. He is ultimate proof that just because you served doesn't mean you're a patriot.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:21:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm proud of him.  I wish at least one of my senators was even 3/4 as good as he is.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:11:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Crenshaw is trying to win a popularity contest with the establishment. He is ultimate proof that just because you served doesn't mean you're a patriot.
View Quote

The signs were there with Crenshaw before he won the primary.  He was the least bad choice of the candidates that had a chance to win the general.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:16:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Waste of time contacting Georgia’s senators......... one is a false prophet/preacher who thinks abortion is in line with Biblical teachings, the other is a soy boy who is a true believer....... I am ashamed of this state
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:51:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Yes because Ben Sasse and Deb Fischer put up a real fight for us didn't they. I had to look up the Nebraska senators because no ones ever heard of them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:When Democrats in Congress objected during the certification of electoral votes in order to raise concerns about election integrity in 2000, 2004, and 2016, they were praised by Democratic leadership and the media.
View Quote

The Democrats in congress objected duiring the certification of electoris votes in 2000, 2004 and 2016, but in reality, I doubt many here even remember that.

Know why that is?

Because the president in 2020 was a little whiney bitch who did nothing but run his mouth because he thought there was no way he could lose.  The ONLY thing Hawley did was ride the coatails of the followers of Trump and tried to make a name for himself.  The issue is he didn't forsee the lawbreaking rioters on the capital and it bit him in the ass.  I'm guessing for the most part, his political career will be on the downside unless he goes to the new party Trump worshippers hope to be created.  

Trump didn't drain the swamp, all he did was put new snakes in.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:57:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The Democrats in congress objected duiring the certification of electoris votes in 2000, 2004 and 2016, but in reality, I doubt many here even remember that.

Know why that is?

Because the president in 2020 was a little whiney bitch who did nothing but run his mouth because he thought there was no way he could lose.  The ONLY thing Hawley did was ride the coatails of the followers of Trump and tried to make a name for himself.  The issue is he didn't forsee the lawbreaking rioters on the capital and it bit him in the ass.  I'm guessing for the most part, his political career will be on the downside unless he goes to the new party Trump worshippers hope to be created.  

Trump didn't drain the swamp, all he did was put new snakes in.
View Quote
That was the only thing he done huh? For ONCE I saw an elected official stand up for what he thought was right and what his constituents wanted, right or wrong. By God that is a rare thing anymore. He rolled the dice and lost but at least he took a chance. I approve of this and like the name he made for himself. I will vote for him again and so will a lot of Missourians. What did your senators do?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:44:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Waste of time contacting Georgia’s senators......... one is a false prophet/preacher who thinks abortion is in line with Biblical teachings, the other is a soy boy who is a true believer....... I am ashamed of this state
View Quote

You said it. Even my Congressman is starting to be a Swamp creature.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:51:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Wait he sent me the same letter!  \

Are you telling me they have form letters?  I expected a heart felt personal reply.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:35:06 PM EDT
[#23]
I should copy that letter and send it to little Marco Rubio. Add a note.

This is how a REPUBLICAN senator is supposed to act you fuckweasel.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I should copy that letter and send it to little Marco Rubio. Add a note.

This is how a REPUBLICAN senator is supposed to act you fuckweasel.
View Quote

He is one of the VERY few who deserve (so far, it can always change) the label "for the people."
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:37:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. ^^
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#26]
good for him, someone with the guts to stand up, then stand his ground
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:08:54 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm not never voting for a Republican again as I will look forward to voting for him.

Blunt can fuck off though.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#28]
He keeps popping up on my radar as solid.

He is one of three politicians in office that I trust to not stab me in the back too badly.

I mention these two guys often, but don’t discount Rand Paul and Thomas Massie.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:20:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Sexual assault allegations in 5..4..3..2
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Raised the question with my rep that if objecting is “unconstitutional” as he put it, why is there even a vote? Is it supposed to be a rubber stamp?  

Have yet to hear back from him.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:27:17 PM EDT
[#31]
My two senators were for objecting until they were against it.  I will not vote for those two pieces of crap next time. They either get primaried or I’ll write my dogs name in on the vote.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:49:41 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't see that letter as anything more than mild pandering in what should be a hair on fire moment.

Better than the response I would expect from 87% of congress sure,.. but not really a "this guy gets it" kinda feel.

People should be swinging from the rafters right now.

Makes me sick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top