Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2023 9:24:32 AM EDT
In my early 50's and healthy, not overweight.

At 39, I had my first knee issue.  Just moved into a new house and the basement stairs have a 90 degree. First tread is 45 then a straight fleight down.
Anyway, I noticed that taking that twist caused a quick twinge on the inner front of my knee.  Just a second long, but I would get achiness an hour later behind the knee. This went on and off. I would go 6 months pain free and then back of the knee achiness for a few days or weeks. This now cycles even without the twinge in the front of the knee.

Just a mild general achy feeling.  I strength train and that doesn't seem to aggrivate it. It seems to just happen randomly. Also seems to be more prevalent in the fall. And in arfcom tradition, I haven't seen a doctor about it.

Are there any specific exercises that strengthen the knee. I already do squats and leg presses and calf raises.
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 1:36:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oklahomaguy] [#1]
*Not an expert, but this is what I use. YMMV

Link Posted: 10/16/2023 4:34:27 PM EDT
[#2]
That looks interesting.  Never seen one before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top