Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:58:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
He was given a Kimber during one scene, then proceeded to use it and it functioned. You know that's got to be a fake scene. Probably had to CGI that.
View Quote

Excellent point, OP.  As a former Kimber owner, I agree.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:00:39 AM EDT
[#2]
My TLE II has been flawless. It's probably 18 years old now.

If you're having issues, switch to Wilson mags. My stock Kimber mags were garbage.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:02:21 AM EDT
[#3]
WHY YOU NO LIKE WHAT I LIKE???

Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:02:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Wick used a fake HK416. If he was truly classy, he'd have used a real one.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:06:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I have only had a few issues with my CDP II and ill chalk that up to the cheap ammo I was using. I dont shoot it nearly as often as my P229 but I do like it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:07:03 AM EDT
[#6]
The sommelier was a hoot..."We know you like Heckler & Koch Ferrari Mr. Wick, but we've picked out this nice glock Yugo for you instead
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:11:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wick used a fake HK416. If he was truly classy, he'd have used a real one.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:28:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By akguy1985:
I have a kimber 10mm and it hasn't even been broken in yet. Had an occasional FTF with it using magtech ammo.
View Quote

I've had the same problem with revolvers so that isn't saying much.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#9]
No it's not.

John Wick (2/10) Movie CLIP - Noise Complaint (2014) HD
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I had a CDP Pro I bought in the early 90's that ran flawlessly. The only problem I had with it was the darn safety broke off on the left side. The side I used. Didn't know it was so cheaply made. Sold it to reduce the number of different caliber ammo I needed to stock.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By whiskerz:
OP is a gun counter commando. How many Kimbers have you owned OP ?  I have a Kimber with in excess of 10,000 rounds of my reloads with zero issues and have owned it for over 20 years.  It even has an optic mounted on the slide to help reliability
View Quote

Good for you. Seriously. I bought a $1500 model that wouldn’t run and Kimber wouldn’t stand behind.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:44:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like Kimber is on todays shit list
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 1:32:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Some mixing up of Kimber history going on.  As far as I know Kimber of Oregon did not make handguns except for a couple of single shots (maybe repeaters?).

I think at the end all production had moved to Colton.  It was at Colton that the final parts auction took place.  We were told that all the equipment had been already sold (it was still in the building at Colton)...not sure how it ended up in a junk yard?  Dan Cooper bought most of the parts. All the remaining guns were auctioned off after that, I bought a LH .22 there (Colton made)...wish I'd had more $$$$

The Wife shoot her Clackamas .22 yesterday.  Laminated stock, beautiful rifle!
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 1:40:53 PM EDT
[#14]
More Kimber owners posting in this thread than in the whole kimber sub forum.

Link Posted: 5/13/2020 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#15]
What gets people on Kimbers were the ones with external extractors and the Swartz safety.

99% of issues can be solved by removing the FLGR.

I don’t like Swartz safety either but mine has ran and ran and was my only 1911 for some years. It’s seen duty use, IPSC use, and for a time sat up for 3 years when I did no extracurricular shooting at all.

But arfcom gotta arf

Not joking about the Springfield being a lemon. I just got out of it instead of dealing with them.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 1:48:14 PM EDT
[#16]
My only Kimber experience was a range rental in .45 and it was a jammomatic junk.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 1:52:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Is there anyone that watches movie for the sheer entertainment value anymore?  When I watch a movie, unless it is obviously a documentary, I do not expect to learn a thing.  I do not expect reality to be conveyed in the fake movie.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By quick2k3:
I was absolutely sure this was a HKUSP9v1 thread.
View Quote

You too?
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:03:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Badlatitude:

It was told to me by my lgs years ago that Kimber makes their production guns separate from their "custom" guns and their "custom" guns were the problem. Which would make sense because my Custom target II was a useless pos of shit that went back to them several times before I fixed it myself.

A buddy then took that pistol and won a match with it. Sold that night.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Badlatitude:
OP is a gun counter commando. How many Kimbers have you owned OP ?  I have a Kimber with in excess of 10,000 rounds of my reloads with zero issues and have owned it for over 20 years.  It even has an optic mounted on the slide to help reliability

It was told to me by my lgs years ago that Kimber makes their production guns separate from their "custom" guns and their "custom" guns were the problem. Which would make sense because my Custom target II was a useless pos of shit that went back to them several times before I fixed it myself.

A buddy then took that pistol and won a match with it. Sold that night.

I remember back about 25 or 30 years ago Kimber had a reputation for their 1911's FTF/FTE. A few years later they fixed this problem, which was with their external extractors. They started making their pistols with internal extractors. I bought my first of four Kimbers about 15 years ago. It was a stainless Pro Carry. It was reliable and good to go right out of the box. I have owned several other models and they were all good to go right out of the box. My last one was a Custom II TLE/RL in 10mm and that one was good to go right out of the box. I sold that 10mm to my friend and he's had it for the last 5 years and is very happy with it.

I since discovered the better quality, Dan Wesson 1911 pistols in 10mm and sold all of my Colt (Delta Elite) and Kimbers and replaced them with two Dan Wessons and one Night Hawk Custom, all in 10mm. There's nothing wrong with Kimber, it's just that I want better quality and Kimber is just OK in the same group of OK guns like Colt 1911's, Springfield Armory 1911's, S&W 1911's, Sig 1911's, and other sub $1,500 1911 pistols. I just got tired of medicocrity and moved up to better quality.

SPOILER ALERT

Oh, and as far as John Wick, I just watched the third one in the series and it's really getting super lame. He gets shot multiple times throughout different scenes in the movie and just moves on like he only got shot with a BB gun. And those stupid scenes in the big arrival terminal (looked like a Grand Central Station) with all the arriving passengers, and the bad guys show up right in the middle of the crowd and start pulling weapons and he kills a number of them and the passengers (like zombies) seem totally oblivious to the dead bodies or the swords?????  
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:05:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By DetrhoytMAK:
I tried to watch it, but the premise is retarded and can't be taken seriously. The guns and gun fights are awesome, but the story itself is pure garbage.
View Quote

Isn't it some parallel universe?
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Discolite:
LOL LOL HYUCK HYUCK KIMBERS SUCK SO BAD AMIRITE?!

My Kimber is 17 years old and has done nothing but work and be accurate. Same cannot be said for the Springfield Armory I had to get rid of.
View Quote

I got my Springfield early 90s and it is my favorite pistol. I got a Kimber around 2000 and it is solid.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#22]
My series I Custom Classic is perfection. And John Wick movies are very entertaining! OP needs a bigger sample size and/or taste.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:14:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey...OP...you do realize they have actual gunsmith level experts in charge of the weapons on these movie scenes?  They could probably get a (insert preferred hated brand firearm here) jamamatic to function in a movie.

On the John Wick series, I love the responses of those who poo-poo the series as if it was something to be taken seriously.  It's pure unadulterated entertainment...especially for gun guys.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:15:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Isn't this an example of "stupid fun"?  Kinda like coming here!
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:16:01 PM EDT
[#25]
My Kimber has never had a problem. It shoots like a top.

John Wick is the greatest documentary ever produced.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:16:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By hardcorps1775:
Isn't this an example of "stupid fun"?  Kinda like coming here!
View Quote

Describes my ex wife too.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:17:06 PM EDT
[#27]
I tried to watch it, but the premise is retarded and can't be taken seriously. The guns and gun fights are awesome, but the story itself is pure garbage.
View Quote

They killed his f’ing dog!!! What more do you need?
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#28]
An oz of gold for everything? JFC. At least use 0.1oz or silver pieces occasionally.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#29]
OP, the fight scene choreography/CG are unrealistic, but very entertaining.

The old, over used, "He was the best of the best, but retired and now he's off the chain and kicking ass" is a rather old Hollywood mechanism.

"We really need you John (insert Rambo or Wick here)."
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:41:19 PM EDT
[#30]
To the OP's point, the only Kimber I have experience with is my brother's .45 cal Ultra Carry size pistol.  It would have a failure (stovepipe, double feed, nosedive, failure to go into battery) at least once a range session.  He was pretty good about cleaning/lubing it, so I don't think that was the issue.  My guess was it was the size of the pistol and something slightly off with the tolerances.  The full size .45s seem to function much better.

As far as John Wick, it's just gunfu.  It's kind of odd to be on a message board dedicated to guns and not like gunfu.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:42:39 PM EDT
[#31]
The John Wick movies were all on sale on Amazon Prime last week, like $6 each or something.  Might still be...

I'm not even a big fan but I bought all three just to have some movies in reserve.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:44:47 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Zero issues...ZERO issues?

No pistol makes it 10000 rounds with ZERO issues.

If you stay closer to the truth, people might believe your bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:48:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Definitely have no issue with the Kimber trash talk. They earned it for sure. I ended up with mine because I wanted a threaded barrel 1911 for under a grand, and that leaves only the Remington or the Kimber. Basically rolling the dice with either company, so went with the one that looks a lot nicer. Has worked 100% so far both suppressed and unsuppressed.

Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ctprelude:
Definitely have no issue with the Kimber trash talk. They earned it for sure. I ended up with mine because I wanted a threaded barrel 1911 for under a grand, and that leaves only the Remington or the Kimber. Basically rolling the dice with either company, so went with the one that looks a lot nicer. Has worked 100% so far both suppressed and unsuppressed. 

https://i.imgur.com/hQtT0HXl.jpg
View Quote

Your post contradicts itself. Is that a CGS Can?
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:55:04 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:56:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:09:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I give plausibility to damn near every scene except where he reassembles and builds a single action revolver, and then only fires one shot before he drops it and moves on.

WTF?

It's a complete break in the action for what seems like a fucking eternity, then it's good for only one shot?
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:09:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Donut777donut:

Your post contradicts itself. Is that a CGS Can?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Donut777donut:
Originally Posted By ctprelude:
Definitely have no issue with the Kimber trash talk. They earned it for sure. I ended up with mine because I wanted a threaded barrel 1911 for under a grand, and that leaves only the Remington or the Kimber. Basically rolling the dice with either company, so went with the one that looks a lot nicer. Has worked 100% so far both suppressed and unsuppressed. 

https://i.imgur.com/hQtT0HXl.jpg

Your post contradicts itself. Is that a CGS Can?

It does not contradict itself.

He says he is aware of the data and that his single example is an exception.

Unlike Mr 10000 rounds, who states that anyone who believes Kimbers to be unreliable is a "gun shop Commando."

For the record, I am an FFL and Kimbers have an intolerably high malfunction rate.

Exceptions, although rare, do occur.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm sure you buy Playboy and Penthouse for the articles as well.  GD always finds a way to blow things out of proportion.  It's a movie designed to entertain...no one said it was believable.

Hell, at one point my kid believed in Santa and that doesn't make it less real for her.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Sturmgewehr-JD:

It does not contradict itself.

He says he is aware of the data and that his single example is an exception. 

Unlike Mr 10000 rounds, who states that anyone who believes Kimbers to be unreliable is a "gun shop Commando."

For the record, I am an FFL and Kimbers have an intolerably high malfunction rate.

Exceptions, although rare, do occur.
View Quote

This. I was aware I was taking a chance, luckily it seems I got a good one. Debated a Dan Wesson, but just couldn't bring myself to drop that much coin on a handgun.

The can is a Rugged Obsidian 45.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:47:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By PKT1106:

Well, they all run on the power of the precious, so....
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PN5X5:
Also ignoring that the TTI guns all worked without malfunctions?  

This reference, I saw what you did here.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#42]
I walked into the first John Wick without knowing anything about it, and came out of it shaking my head.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#43]
His Kimber was malfunctioning the entire time, he's just fast enough that you didn't see him fixing it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 4:15:13 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

This is almost the same cadence as "Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way?"  

Is your Kimber one of those pistols?
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 4:17:52 PM EDT
[#45]
lol
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I give plausibility to damn near every scene except where he reassembles and builds a single action revolver, and then only fires one shot before he drops it and moves on.

WTF?

It's a complete break in the action for what seems like a fucking eternity, then it's good for only one shot?
View Quote
They teach that at the Taran camp of gorgeous Instagram women. I seent it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#47]
John Wick defeats Karen in hand-to-hand combat.  

"Your request to see the manager is denied."

John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017) - Hall of Mirrors Scene (9/10) | Movieclips
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 9:48:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By F14ADC:

This reference, I saw what you did here.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By F14ADC:
Originally Posted By PN5X5:
Also ignoring that the TTI guns all worked without malfunctions?  

This reference, I saw what you did here.

If you don't see it, you're pretty Jade-ed.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:47:38 PM EDT
[#49]
I couldn't figure out the salesman in the weapons boutique in the second movie showing JW guns and explaining them to him as though he had never heard of an HK or a Bennelli M4. A guy like JW would have pretty strong opinions about his weapons. I know, Hollywood and all, but still...
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 1:12:41 AM EDT
[#50]
He also was trained by TTI and didn't try to get anyone to show him their precious. so bogus
Page / 3
Top Top