Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2022 11:17:13 PM EDT
Anyone want to take a crack at where this "doctrine" comes from?  

Most single "Christian" women these days are a soup sandwich.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#1]
First of all it does not say Jesus it say the Lord. The Jewish verse all the Christian verses come from.

Jewish version

54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. 54:6 For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.

Isaiah 54:5

Complete Jewish Bible

5 For your husband is your Maker,
Adonai-Tzva’ot is his name.
The Holy One of Isra’el is your Redeemer.
He will be called the God of all the earth.
View Quote

Then the many different Christian versions from different bibles

KJ21

For thy Maker is thine husband” the Lord of hosts is His name” and thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; the God of the whole earth shall He be called.

ASV

For thy Maker is thy husband; Jehovah of hosts is his name: and the Holy One of Israel is thy Redeemer; the God of the whole earth shall he be called.

AMP

“For your husband is your Maker, The Lord of hosts is His name; And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel, Who is called the God of the whole earth.

AMPC

For your Maker is your Husband—the Lord of hosts is His name—and the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; the God of the whole earth He is called.

BRG

For thy Maker is thine husband; the Lord of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

CSB

Indeed, your husband is your Maker— his name is the Lord of Armies— and the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of the whole earth.

CEB

The one marrying you is the one who made you— the Lord of heavenly forces is his name. The one redeeming you is the holy one of Israel, the one called the God of all the earth.

CJB

For your husband is your Maker, Adonai-Tzva’ot is his name. The Holy One of Isra’el is your Redeemer. He will be called the God of all the earth.

CEV

The Lord All-Powerful, the Holy God of Israel, rules all the earth. He is your Creator and husband, and he will rescue you.

DARBY

For thy Maker is thy husband: Jehovah of hosts is his name, and thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: the God of the whole earth shall he be called.

DRA

For he that made thee shall rule over thee, the Lord of hosts is his name: and thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, shall be called the God of all the earth.

ERV

Your real husband is the one who made you. His name is the Lord All-Powerful. The Holy One of Israel is your Protector, and he is the God of all the earth!

Plus many many more different Bible verses of this passage. Too many to post here.

Link
View Quote

Remember these verses are translations from the Jewish Bible. In the Jewish religion There is no official Jewish view of Jesus. He was not considered the Christ therefore not a God nor lord. These are Christian views. So in the original writings from the Jewish Bible. From which the Christian derives their scriptures from but with a few changes. I guess you base the assumption that the lord is referring to women when saying Jesus the lord is my husband

The Lord is referring to the Isreal nation/people as a whole. Taking Isreal as a bride to look over and protect. Not individual women as some would intrepid as some sexual perversion by twisting words or misinterpretation. It's easy to see by going away from the original wording of the Jewish scriptures and changing the words how this can happen. It's amazing what the impact of changing one word or rearranging words can have isn't it.

You can thank the conference of churchmen and good old King James himself in 1604 for the English Bible being revised because they said existing translations “were corrupt and not answerable to the truth of the original. question whose original version were they talking about. Simple truth is they wanted one that gave the church and leaders of the world more power over the peasants of that time and unfortunately has carried forward into today's society.

But the church and our leaders are still if not more corrupted today as they were back then and they still use God as an excuse for their actions or the reason we should follow them.

That's my take on this. I'm by no means saying I'm right. You are right though about there being some crazy women out there that takes this passage to mean they are married to the lord. They get all bug eyed crazy when talking about it and how they vote liberal because conservative Americais the devil

Link Posted: 4/26/2022 3:21:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh one more thing.

Traditionally, a nun wears a wedding band to symbolize her "marriage" or fidelity to the Church. Nuns and religious sisters commit to vows of "poverty, service, charity and obedience" to the superiors of their religious order, as well as to God.
View Quote

Would not this be considered a Christian marriage some how to the Lord/Jesus Christ. I bet the priest tell them they are the extension/avatar of the lord. when not messing with the alter boys that is
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#3]
[First of all it does not say Jesus it say the Lord. The Jewish verse all the Christian verses come from.]

-I’m not dating or talking to Jewish women but many of these American Christian women have been taught from somewhere that  Jesus is their husband if the are single. I was told…He’s MY husband because I’m single!!!  
Is this what they teach at women’s retreats? Beth Moore?  

[The Lord is referring to the Isreal nation/people as a whole. Taking Isreal as a bride to look over and protect. Not individual women as some would intrepid as some sexual perversion by twisting words or misinterpretation. It's easy to see by going away from the original wording of the Jewish scriptures and changing the words how this can happen. It's amazing what the impact of changing one word or rearranging words can have isn't it.]

This is my reading as well.

I think The Holy Spirit through Paul ‘s writings had something to say about letting women teach?
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh one more thing.

Would not this be considered a Christian marriage some how to the Lord/Jesus Christ. I bet the priest tell them they are the extension/avatar of the lord. when not messing with the alter boys that is
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Oh one more thing.

Traditionally, a nun wears a wedding band to symbolize her "marriage" or fidelity to the Church. Nuns and religious sisters commit to vows of "poverty, service, charity and obedience" to the superiors of their religious order, as well as to God.

My first choice for riveting theological commentary is always someone who doesn't know the difference between "altar" and "alter". Thanks for not disappointng.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:13:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My first choice for riveting theological commentary is always someone who doesn't know the difference between "altar" and "alter". Thanks for not disappointng.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh one more thing.

Back to the topic at hand-cause auto correct is going to get us all banned. Anything like this kind of crazy doctrine floating around in Catholic circles?  
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 3:51:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Back to the topic at hand-cause auto correct is going to get us all banned. Anything like this kind of crazy doctrine floating around in Catholic circles?  
View Quote

Not really. We have sisters and nuns who take an oath to forsake marriage/families and dedicate their lives to serving God and others but outside of that I've never heard a single lay Catholic woman say she was married to Jesus Christ. I believe it is mainly in evangelical circles that young women hold this view. A good excuse to reject the average boring men until handsome, charming Chad comes along and gets her juices flowing and then Jesus gets shoved to the back burner with the rest of us.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

As Heatseeker said below, for consecrated religious, yes.

Also, the RCC refers to the Church as the "bride of Christ" in that we are to follow His leadership as called out in Ephesians. This also sets the "type" for marriage and how sacrificial love should work.  So, Christ as a "type" for husbands.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 4:30:24 PM EDT
[#8]
It's too bad religion wasn't like math where there is no dispute on what 2+2 equals.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 4:58:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's too bad religion wasn't like math where there is no dispute on what 2+2 equals.
View Quote

Does 0.9bar equal 1?
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 5:03:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Does 0.9bar equal 1?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does 0.9bar equal 1?
This is how you get another denomination.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does 0.9bar equal 1?

Maybe the best post ever in this forum
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does 0.9bar equal 1?

Link Posted: 5/7/2022 12:05:37 AM EDT
[#13]
There is a difference between being personally inspired by a portion of scripture and doctrine…. Yes?
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 8:29:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
First of all it does not say Jesus it say the Lord. The Jewish verse all the Christian verses come from.

Remember these verses are translations from the Jewish Bible. In the Jewish religion There is no official Jewish view of Jesus. He was not considered the Christ therefore not a God nor lord. These are Christian views. So in the original writings from the Jewish Bible. From which the Christian derives their scriptures from but with a few changes. I guess you base the assumption that the lord is referring to women when saying Jesus the lord is my husband

The Lord is referring to the Isreal nation/people as a whole. Taking Isreal as a bride to look over and protect. Not individual women as some would intrepid as some sexual perversion by twisting words or misinterpretation. It's easy to see by going away from the original wording of the Jewish scriptures and changing the words how this can happen. It's amazing what the impact of changing one word or rearranging words can have isn't it.

You can thank the conference of churchmen and good old King James himself in 1604 for the English Bible being revised because they said existing translations “were corrupt and not answerable to the truth of the original. question whose original version were they talking about. Simple truth is they wanted one that gave the church and leaders of the world more power over the peasants of that time and unfortunately has carried forward into today's society.

But the church and our leaders are still if not more corrupted today as they were back then and they still use God as an excuse for their actions or the reason we should follow them.

That's my take on this. I'm by no means saying I'm right. You are right though about there being some crazy women out there that takes this passage to mean they are married to the lord. They get all bug eyed crazy when talking about it and how they vote liberal because conservative Americais the devil

View Quote

I'd like to weigh in just a little.  Isaiah 54 as a whole is a song.  Taking verse 5 out of that song would make it ripe for being out of context.  Generally it's a song to the "downtrodden".  But specifically the first 10 verses are a song to women who are "barren".  It starts: “Sing, O barren, You who have not borne! Break forth into singing, and cry aloud, You who have not labored with child! For more are the children of the desolate Than the children of the married woman,” says the Lord."

So very specifically verse 5 would refer to women who are unmarried (specifically unmarried of an age that would imply they should be) or widowed and feel left out or cheated in some way for not having children or are looked down on by others around them.  It's an encouragement that they have hope and joy in Him.  On a larger scale it's aimed at the nation of Israel.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 9:18:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'd like to weigh in just a little.  Isaiah 54 as a whole is a song.  Taking verse 5 out of that song would make it ripe for being out of context.  Generally it's a song to the "downtrodden".  But specifically the first 10 verses are a song to women who are "barren".  It starts: “Sing, O barren, You who have not borne! Break forth into singing, and cry aloud, You who have not labored with child! For more are the children of the desolate Than the children of the married woman,” says the Lord."

So very specifically verse 5 would refer to women who are unmarried (specifically unmarried of an age that would imply they should be) or widowed and feel left out or cheated in some way for not having children or are looked down on by others around them.  It's an encouragement that they have hope and joy in Him.  On a larger scale it's aimed at the nation of Israel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think these two quotes represent more truth than the American Christian Church Inc could handle today.
Thank you for your thoughts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top