Page / 5
Posted: 10/18/2019 1:47:32 AM EDT
Mattis mocks Trump''s bone spurs during Al Smith dinner speech
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:51:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I’m smarter than the Generals.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:59:59 AM EDT
[#2]
He properly fingers Senator Schumer for bringing his name up while Schumer feuded with Trump over Syria
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 2:00:23 AM EDT
[#3]
He's my favorite Turncoat.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 2:01:31 AM EDT
[#4]
That’s the whole point of the dinner.

Still not as good as when Trump went Game of Thrones on Hillary at the well remembered “Red Dinner.”

ETA: His speech is actually awesome and very, very pro USA and indicts both parties for the rhetoric dividing us.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 2:40:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Still not as good as when Trump went Game of Thrones on Hillary at the well remembered “Red Dinner.”

ETA: His speech is actually awesome and very, very pro USA and indicts both parties for the rhetoric dividing us.
View Quote
Agreed. It was a very good speech, but ultimately too optimistic and naive. The whole point of the speech was coming together in our common bonds as Americans to work towards strengthening our country for future generations. Contrast the message of the speech with the title of CNN's video. We are too divided.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 2:41:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Oops wrong thread
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 2:43:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Agreed. It was a very good speech, but ultimately too optimistic and naive. The whole point of the speech was coming together in our common bonds as Americans to work towards strengthening our country for future generations. Contrast the message of the speech with the title of CNN's video. We are too divided.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Problem is what people want is not even close to a "common vision" anymore.

Sounds nice to say in a speech but is ignoring reality.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 2:46:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. The goals of the left and right really seem irreconcilable at this point.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 3:17:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 3:36:54 AM EDT
[#10]
If you expect a multi-million dollar job with the deep state get on your knees.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 4:24:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you expect a multi-million dollar job with the deep state get on your knees.
View Quote
How dare he even speak of the Great Orange One!
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 4:41:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How dare he even speak of the Great Orange One!
View Quote
How much money did he lose with the blonde Steve Jobs?
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 4:50:18 AM EDT
[#13]
the only joke i saw there was Mattis
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 7:52:01 AM EDT
[#14]
It was a good speech with some small humorous jabs at the beginning.  What's pathetic is what CNN titled the video.

Fuck CNN
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 8:06:46 AM EDT
[#15]
The final laugh is Mattis said it would take a few years to remove ISIS, and Trump did it in months.

Old servicemen should just slowly fade away. It's a fitting end. The Mattis cult is over.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 8:15:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 8:17:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
the only joke i saw there was Mattis
View Quote
oh good one...

Link Posted: 10/18/2019 8:18:20 AM EDT
[#18]
King of Khandahar does not grant favors.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 8:22:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t buy that for a second .

Think back to after Vietnam . No one , and I mean no one was advocating waging war on anyone . Hell they were chopping away at mil funding just for defense.

Then comes Reagan , and he got funding increased , a shitload of new weapons systems . Why ? How? Dems ran Congress m why would they go along ? I think  it’s because he told them he would never use them . The swamp people got a shitload of bribes and kickbacks from the defense industry and went along with it .

Then he deployed marines to Beirut . That was a media shitfest .

Then , Grenada .

By this time people’s memories of Vietnam faded enough to “like” the military again.

Gulf war 1 cemented the idea that we could whoop ass anywhere anytime for much of the nation.

It also cemented the military budget as a way to get rich for a large number of people.

We’ve been at war with a seventh century death cult for almost 20 years. Why? Peace doesn’t make people rich . War does.

Left and right swamp are united in support of perpetual war for one reason , money .

They could give two shits about America , as long as the defense money flows , what happens here is immaterial .
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 8:30:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have no common bonds with communists.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 8:30:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Exactly.

When one side wants to confiscate all guns and the other wants to be able to mail order full-auto weapons, there’s no common ground.

Compromise is not a virtue, it’s a tool. If it’s not a tool that is useful to the cause, you don’t use it.

Speaking generally and generically about “common vision” is nothing but a feel good platitude. The poles (left and right) are solidifying and it’s just the natural outcome of a people who really no longer share a common culture and are becoming two different peoples.

It was a good run, but at this point it’s more about whether or not the divorce is going to be a amicable or vicious.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 8:34:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The final laugh is Mattis said it would take a few years to remove ISIS, and Trump did it in months.

Old servicemen should just slowly fade away. It's a fitting end. The Mattis cult is over.
View Quote
I agree with this.
Wonder what the deal was with Mattis not wiping out ISIS right off the bat
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 8:55:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 8:57:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I agree with this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with this.
General with big ego trying to remain relevant once the stars are taken off.
Could retire with honor but instead ego drives him to annoying desperation.
Pathetic and sad at the same time.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:04:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:05:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Good general, bad general don't give a shit.  His time of service is mostly over.  Pat him on the back and send him on his way.

But he is definitely more of a liberal than anything.  He just has some good talking points that people can hang on to and use to idolize him.

He's just another dude.  Kinda swampy, kinda globalist at times.  ZFG.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:08:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I agree with this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with this.
That wouldn't keep the money flowing.  Kinda like paying a contractor by the hour.  Expect a two day job to take two months.  I guess that could be it?
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:10:57 AM EDT
[#28]
I never realized Mattis was such a 'tard.

I assumed he was left leaning but maybe a...…..

Lifelong democrat?
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:11:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:13:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.
It's always been a ruse to a large extent.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:19:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Good general, bad general don't give a shit.  His time of service is mostly over.  Pat him on the back and send him on his way.

But he is definitely more of a liberal than anything.  He just has some good talking points that people can hang on to and use to idolize him.

View Quote
Agreed
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:22:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I never realized Mattis was such a 'tard.

I assumed he was left leaning but maybe a...…..

Lifelong democrat?
View Quote
100%. You can see it if you watch him and what he says for long enough. Ive said for the last few years that I would not be at all surprised if he was a keynote speaker at the DNC. I can almost guarantee he will endorse the democrat nominee.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:23:16 AM EDT
[#33]
I've never understood the hero worship of this guy.

Tshirts, "saint mattis" pictures, etc.

Hard pass.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I've never understood the hero worship of this guy.

Tshirts, "saint mattis" pictures, etc.

Hard pass.
View Quote
I got caught up in it early on because his sound bites were so cool.  But if you don't stop there and actually pay attention to what he is doing.....MEH.

Pat him on the back, thanks for your service, glad you have a plan to kill everyone you meet or some such.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

How am I suppose to get along with someone who hates and wants to change our country?
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:00:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Maria Bartiromos tits?
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:00:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yup.  

ETA:  they’re all a bit swampy, globalist, and various flavors/factions of deep state... even Trump himself and his advisors, et al
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:02:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Mattis, how dare you question such great and unmatched wisdom?

Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:05:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:11:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
You found his words to be "contemptuous"?

How so?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
that's interesting, because as a retired officer, he's still subject to the UCMJ, in particular Article 88, Contempt Towards Officials, which states

Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

and he could be recalled and court-martialed for it.

Would Trump do it? No.  Would a court-martial convict? Well, good luck finding enough 4-stars who have date-of-rank on him to form a jury.

How so?
Did you miss the part where he made fun of his BONE SPURS?!?!? HOW DARE HE!!!!
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#42]
For Sale

(1) Ea. Lightly used St Mattis of Quantico poster...
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#43]
He would have died in the Phillipines? on what R&R?
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:18:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 8:36:58 PM EDT
[#45]

"I earned my spurs on the battlefield. Donald Trump earned his spurs in a letter from a doctor."
View Quote
"The only person in the military who Trump doesn't think is overrated is Colonel Sanders."
View Quote
I left the administration one year ago. According to the White House, that is the same as 9000 hours of executive time, or 1800 holes of golf.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 8:40:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 8:41:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 8:43:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Mattis has been fired by Obama and one of our guys
And he talked about how Washington wasn't the best with Fallujah.
He's probably pretty jaded about ANYTHING Washington/Politics
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 8:51:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I didn't, especially given that it's a venue that's meant to be a roast, but  I could see how some might.  Regardless, it's treading a fine line.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
that's interesting, because as a retired officer, he's still subject to the UCMJ, in particular Article 88, Contempt Towards Officials, which states

Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

and he could be recalled and court-martialed for it.

Would Trump do it? No.  Would a court-martial convict? Well, good luck finding enough 4-stars who have date-of-rank on him to form a jury.

How so?
I didn't, especially given that it's a venue that's meant to be a roast, but  I could see how some might.  Regardless, it's treading a fine line.
No, it's not treading a fine line. A joke is not going to get anyone charged. Ever. Period. Find one case EVER where ANYONE was charged for making a "roast" type joke about the President. Never happened.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 8:53:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

General with big ego trying to remain relevant once the stars are taken off.
Could retire with honor but instead ego drives him to annoying desperation.
Pathetic and sad at the same time.
View Quote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top