Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:28:15 AM EDT
[#1]
The expansion is on the company, but everybody knows what goes on in Lynchburg.

Buy them out and keep growing
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:52:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Interesting. I lived there in the '80s. Everybody loved JD then. Sounds like the facilities have grown. Back then the tour was a short walk through the actual operations followed by a room where they had free lemonade and postcards. There was also a walking tour where you hiked up in the hills with a guide and went into the caves. Not sure if that one was official as I remember it only being three of us. Maybe the folks I was with new someone.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 8:35:18 AM EDT
[#3]
If your distillery is creating problems off your property  it is on you to unfuck the problem.

There is no other reasonable alternative.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 6:34:43 PM EDT
[#4]
We took the Angels Share tour at JD this fall.

As we approached Lynchburg we passed a bunch of these barrel houses (which are immense) and I guessed what they were. I thought it was strange that they were all black.

On the tour most of the distillery buildings are also black. Our tour guide explained why and told us that the revenuers used to look for black trees to find stills in the hollers.

I will agree - if they are causing a problem for the neighbors, they need to make it right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top